Wright has got it Right | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wright has got it Right

I love the optimism, but that's a pretty wild undefeated claim. For one thing, none of those guys is a point guard. But I don't mean to argue that point.

Might be mistaken about Huerter, but I don't believe any of those kids didn't come to Syracuse because of sanctions. Obviously Bryant and Diagne ended up elsewhere for other reasons.

You might be right about that; I'll take your word for it. If it's true, though, it's weird that they'd run off a scholarship player for someone (Bryant) who hadn't even committed yet. I can't blame the NCAA for the Johnson/Patterson departures. If anything, the staff saw an opportunity to upgrade some roster spots but then failed to attract a recruit on the merits.
I think that they believed that Bryant was in the bag, because his mother was so adamant about him coming to SU / remaining close to home. The mom even fought really hard against her son when he wanted to go to the hated Hoosiers, but the kid held firm and defied her wishes.

Basically, the diametrically opposite outcome of what happened with Taurean Thompson. You win some, you lose some.

I love the optimism, but that's a pretty wild undefeated claim. For one thing, none of those guys is a point guard. But I don't mean to argue that point.

Might be mistaken about Huerter, but I don't believe any of those kids didn't come to Syracuse because of sanctions. Obviously Bryant and Diagne ended up elsewhere for other reasons.

You might be right about that; I'll take your word for it. If it's true, though, it's weird that they'd run off a scholarship player for someone (Bryant) who hadn't even committed yet. I can't blame the NCAA for the Johnson/Patterson departures. If anything, the staff saw an opportunity to upgrade some roster spots but then failed to attract a recruit on the merits.

Maybe not undefeated. But we would have a legit center and I would think a Huerter/Battle backcourt would be a lot better than Howard and Gillon. It'd be worth a couple more wins at least.

When JB announces and I'm Wildhack, I offer Jay Wright a salary to make him the highest paid head coach in college basketball.
Jay Wright is not leaving Villanova, as much as I'd love for SU to steal him. Wright has it made there, and has boosters paying him well above his "official" salary.

Jay Wright is not leaving Villanova, as much as I'd love for SU to steal him. Wright has it made there, and has boosters paying him well above his "official" salary.

I can't say he wouldn't leave. Lots of coaches who appear to have it made leave. Syracuse is a better job in a better conference and would pay a lot more money.

Syracuse is a better job in a better conference and would pay a lot more money.
I agree with the first two points here. I'm not sure Syracuse would pay more than the "total compensation" he currently gets.

The guy has coached for 41 years. Not every season is going to be a smooth running ship. For any coach.

That's not what you said but whatever. We've had way too many seasons disrupted by some player issue. You'd almost think it was a pattern.

That's not what you said but whatever. We've had way too many seasons disrupted by some player issue. You'd almost think it was a pattern.
we live and breathe Syracuse, so we are attuned to every little bump and whisper. If we were as attuned to any other program, we'd say the same thing about yearly issues there. You have 10 to 15 college aged young men under your guidance, you are going to have lots of issues.

I can't say he wouldn't leave. Lots of coaches who appear to have it made leave. Syracuse is a better job in a better conference and would pay a lot more money.

There's no evidence that we would pay more money than we're making now to JB. Is it possible they open the check book? Sure, is it a fact? No.