WVU effect on recruits | Syracusefan.com

WVU effect on recruits

bothsocksup

Starter
Granted the game in no way hurts us as far as recruiting. But i was wondering what you guys think will be the effect as far as recruiting is concerned? As fans and members of the forum, we watch the game with a 'keener' eye then most. I wonder how intently kids who are considering syracuse watch the game? As an earlier post stated, there was a lot of praise of SU during the game, even pointing out how the teams performance reminded the announcers of the 'old days.' I loved hearing them say SU is playing like the beast of the east. With that said, im hoping this game is just another reminder for recruits and casual fans taht SU is well on there way back

Ps, woulda been nice if a kid like jarron jones was in attendance last night

I think it depends on how we finish the season. If we stumble to the finish I think it cancels out this win because people will attribute it to luck. If we finish strong we can say we have significantly improved our record every year under Marrone and slammed a ranked rival in the process. I suppose it also depends on how WVU plays going forward too.

The one recruit that kept entering my mind time after time while we kept feeding the ball to the TE's over and over was Ron Thompson. Hopefully he watched that game and realizes how big a part of the offense he can be if he comes to SU.

Weren't potential recruits actually playing football last night?

Most of them probably, but some schools play on Saturdays too. Either way too much technology out there nowadays for him not to watch that game if seriously considering us..ESPN3 replay, DVR, etc.

Most of them probably, but some schools play on Saturdays too. Either way too much technology out there nowadays for him not to watch that game if seriously considering us..ESPN3 replay, DVR, etc.

Plus the win is all over the internet, and SportsCenter actually covered the game for more than half a minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom