WVU fan here showing appreciation… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WVU fan here showing appreciation…

Wv is a beautiful state but little know fact is Country Roads is not about West Virginia but the western part of Virginia.
If you go back far enough, West Virginia was western Virginia, so there's always that.

If anyone needs proof, the Shenandoah River is in Virginia and not WV.
That's interesting. I never paid attention to that. I wonder if that is proof or a mistake. Song writers sometimes get things wrong. There's a Darius Rucker song with the line that he is going west from the Cumberland Gap to Johnson City Tennessee which is impossible without circumnavigating the earth.

Although I appreciate your kind words, I still hate you
There are more WVU fans on the board than you may think; marmstr3 is in good company here. Me, for example.

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

Wait, you're both a WVU fan and a SU fan? Here's the test. What started the fight during the game in '92?
I don't know, I was too busy being a small child.

I want to start off by saying how much I enjoyed watching Syracuse play ball this year. A little background, I am a WVU fan but I also play in a high stakes dynasty NFL fantasy league with my buds for the past 10 yrs or so. As part of the league, we are able to draft one collegiate player per year, I picked Sean Tucker last yr and while many would say he had a down yr, I was pleasantly surprised with his receiving chops. I watch a lot of tape on receivers, running backs, and TEs, I can definitively say Tucker will have a very very successful NFL career. I think he showed enough this yr that gap heavy teams will pull the trigger on him no later than early third rd. Which is very good for a RB. I expect him to kill the combine too.

I also want to say how much I admire the whole football program, I see a very disciplined and hard nose football squad. Just an outsiders objective perspective. I understand Dino isnt a perfect coach but I would kill to have him at WVU. Trust me when I say how important it is to have a head coach that creates that kind of football culture. The 5 game slide wasnt easy to watch, but I would feel good about the state of the program if I were a Cuse fan.

BTW. Gadsen is a stud. Top 5 WR in his class and he is only scraping his potential. He will be fun to scout next yr.
Do the majority of WV fans want to stay in Big 12 or move to ACC?

all i remember was mcnabb throwing a ball at one of our players? lol i was 7 fwiw
'92 wasn't McNabb. It was Graves. And, yes, that is the only thing WVU fans seem to remember. Since you were 7, I can almost give you a pass.

Do the majority of WV fans want to stay in Big 12 or move to ACC?
From a fan perspective, I think most would prefer to play in the ACC. A lot of us are tired of the Big 12 brand of football and tired of these air raid doosh coaches. In a perfect world, WVU plays in an eastern conference that is third in revenue. Syracuse will always be fine and have a home, but I think the musical chair conference game took a toll on a lot of the fans. The worst case scenario in a lot of peoples minds was WVU ending up playing in American conference and not getting the huge TV contracts to keep up. WVU was just lucky to have a home in the B12 (probably wouldnt have happened if not for Ollie Luck and his texas connections). Its bittersweet because had we not gone to b12, I do think we would have landed in ACC from what i understand. However, i dont think UNC or Duke would ever be on board.

The reality of the situation is that the BIG and SEC rule the roost and the rest of us have to just sit back and see just how much they want to expand. It is an arms race right now between the two conferences and nobody really knows the future. There is room for a third lesser conference made up of leftovers. Will that be some kind of hodge podge of B12 and ACC? that is what i would assume at some point. Big 12 was able to secure a pretty big TV contract (much more than plugged in WVU ppl that I talk to anticipated).

I could go on and on about expansion, WVU has talked with SEC and ACC for over a decade now. Heres how it breaks down - it is just as much Fox vs ESPN as it is SEC vs BIG. CBS has kind of taken a back seat by choice. Fox owns Big Ten and has very little interest in the remaining Pac teams. Pac is in a very very bad situation, ESPN has been made whole by SEC , B12 and ACC, they have little interest in Pac as well. ACC is in a very very tough spot as well , ESPN signed ACC to a very network friendly deal. ACCs only way out of that deal would be for more expansion. ESPN has zero reason to approve a ACC to SEC expansion. It just would not make sense financially and could even back fire because that would allow ACC to renegotiate the current ESPN deal. If BIG wants to expand and by all accounts it seems like they intend to, the only conference that would make sense raiding would be the ACC but there isnt a home run addition (revenue wise). Not to mention it would be pretty costly to the moving team. As the TV revenue gaps increase and the closer to 2036 (when the criminal ACC deal ends) there will be more movement with ACC. Will BIG/FOX have more incentive to pluck from ACC/ESPN before the contract ends? I predict ESPN will try and be proactive before 2036, but how much before? The new B12 contract ends in 2031, with the cheap ACC contract expiring, will they try and merge b12/acc conferences somehow? Allowing SEC to grab clemson and whoever they want from b12/acc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom