WVU officially going to the Big 12 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WVU officially going to the Big 12

The best is Pitino's assertion that the Big East can thrive without West Virginia, but would have been finished if Louisville left. If he seriously believes that, he needs to be institutionalized.

Although I will admit I'm shocked the Big 12 will add only West Virginia. apparently They fear the wrath of no Senator...
The Big 12 I think is in a serious double bind ... and Louisville is left hanging in the wind. They would take either BYU or ND in a heartbeat but of course are not happy with another Big 12 team with football independency (i.e. Texas). From what I have been reading the Big 12 would take ND and allow them to maintain their lucrative TV contracts until those contracts run out ... and then they would have to go full boat into the conference. In the meantime ND would have to schedule 6 Big 12 teams in football every year until the contract ran out... then they would be incorporated into the schedule. If ND goes so will L'ville... but don't hold your breath.

The Big 12 I think is in a serious double bind ... and Louisville is left hanging in the wind. They would take either BYU or ND in a heartbeat but of course are not happy with another Big 12 team with football independency (i.e. Texas). From what I have been reading the Big 12 would take ND and allow them to maintain their lucrative TV contracts until those contracts run out ... and then they would have to go full boat into the conference. In the meantime ND would have to schedule 6 Big 12 teams in football every year until the contract ran out... then they would be incorporated into the schedule. If ND goes so will L'ville... but don't hold your breath.

not holding breath because I want Notre Dame in ACC...and in fact, as long as there is a final date for all in...including football, i am fine with it. The problem the BE had was no final time frame for Notre Dame to bring football into conference...and by the way, put a price tag of $20,000,000 if Notre Dame does not sign on by that date

It's pretty clear that old Providence ties die hard. He is essentially Marinatto's second in command right now, if only for self preservation.
Suppose you are right.

But, I can understand the talking if you are not leaving the conference - it's kinda what you have to do. If Skip Holtz started spouting off it wouldn't be that big of a deal because they are stuck and have to do what they have to do. Everybody knows your school is trying to leave - shut up and dont look like a fool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom