WWE Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Shane vs. Miz
Batista vs. HHH
Undertaker vs. Kane
All rumored to be happening.

Triple H is still recovering from the injury he suffered at, what, that Saudi event? Yes, he could be back, but that doesn't sound like money. Shane will probably do another stupid 'wow' spot and end his career for good. Undertaker v Kane is pathetic.

Not shaping up to be a very good Wrestlemania.

According to Meltzer, Rousey is going to be done working full time either at Mania or shortly after

I know she wants to start a family, didn't realize her stay was gonna be so short though.

BTW, I agree w/Alsacs re her mic skills. It seems they give her more freedom than most, but her promos are often just--weird.

Triple H is still recovering from the injury he suffered at, what, that Saudi event? Yes, he could be back, but that doesn't sound like money. Shane will probably do another stupid 'wow' spot and end his career for good. Undertaker v Kane is pathetic.

Not shaping up to be a very good Wrestlemania.

Yeah that doesn't exactly look like must see tv to me, even with signing up for the network and getting a free month (if they still do that)

I know she wants to start a family, didn't realize her stay was gonna be so short though.

BTW, I agree w/Alsacs re her mic skills. It seems they give her more freedom than most, but her promos are often just--weird.

I'm sort of uncomfortable every time Rousey does a promo.

Her promos are super super weird.

I wonder what WWE told Fox about Rousey in the tv negotiations, the word is her being around was a big factor in FOX going for them so hard

Woke Daniel Bryan is $$$

Lol. Bryan is awesome.

I remember when they used to push the “vegan” angle for him and in one of Jericho’s books he talked about how after seeing Bryan at NXT when he was new, he told Vince how good Bryan was and Vince was stuck on him being a Vegan, like “yeah, but what kind of man doesn’t eat steak?” Lol.

Last edited:
I can deal with HHH-Batista; Batista wants HHH to be his last match. It'll probably be way too long though.

Taker-Kane; my god. Just no.

I remember circa 2005 when I started watching again thinking “oh my God the Undertaker is still around? I watched him when I was 9. At least he’s not a biker anymore. Give him one last run as the deadman.”

And, uh, 14 years later he’s still around. As the deadman. After those Michaels mania matches he should’ve gotten a retirement angle. Actually he had “one last feud” with Kane back then. That should’ve been about it.

I remember circa 2005 when I started watching again thinking “oh my God the Undertaker is still around? I watched him when I was 9. At least he’s not a biker anymore. Give him one last run as the deadman.”

And, uh, 14 years later he’s still around. As the deadman. After those Michaels mania matches he should’ve gotten a retirement angle. Actually he had “one last feud” with Kane back then. That should’ve been about it.

I am so so so tired of Taker now. The thing is, the Michaels matches were awesome. Then he came back and worked HHH the next 2 years at Mania, those were really good, and the CM Punk match the year after was awesome as well. So up till then, you could say he was fine as a once a year kind of guy, special attraction type. And the match against Brock in 14 wasn't good, but A) it was memorable and B) he had a concussion in t, so thats probably why it wasn't so good. And he did come back with good matches with Brock later on.

But his last even good match was probably 2015? It's been a loooong time. And I don't think he has much appeal as an attraction anymore? I don't begrudge the guy getting paid if Vince is willing, but I can't say I'm interested in seeing him wrestle

I am so so so tired of Taker now. The thing is, the Michaels matches were awesome. Then he came back and worked HHH the next 2 years at Mania, those were really good, and the CM Punk match the year after was awesome as well. So up till then, you could say he was fine as a once a year kind of guy, special attraction type. And the match against Brock in 14 wasn't good, but A) it was memorable and B) he had a concussion in t, so thats probably why it wasn't so good. And he did come back with good matches with Brock later on.

But his last even good match was probably 2015? It's been a loooong time. And I don't think he has much appeal as an attraction anymore? I don't begrudge the guy getting paid if Vince is willing, but I can't say I'm interested in seeing him wrestle

I felt like those HHH matches were trying way too hard to be “epic”. Basically trying to recreate the Michaels matches IMO.

All I remember of the CM Punk feud was Punk stealing the urn and Heyman carrying it like a football as he ran away, and it was hilarious to me. I’ll have to rewatch that match though. The Lesnar match seemed like it would certainly be the end, because he lost. I can’t believe they keep bringing him back every year, still.

Last edited:
I felt like those HHH matches were trying way too hard to be “epic”. Basically trying to recreate the Michaels matches IMO.

All I remember of the CM Punk feud was Punk stealing the urn and Heyman carrying it like a football as he ran away, and it was hilarious to me. I’ll have to rewatch that match though. The Lesnar match seemed like it would certainly be the end, because he lost. I can’t believe they keep bringing him back every year, still.

The Punk feud was meh but I think the match was great. I remember watching the Mania match again a few years ago and I couldn't believe how hot the crowd was before the match even started.

The HHH stuff is a fair criticism, that seems to happen a lot in HHH matches. (trying to force epic things. Also in stuff he books, if you guys have seen any Gargano-Ciampa stuff). I still think the HHH mania matches were really good though. Not as good as the Shawn matches, but way better than thre stuff the last few years.

The Mania 27 match is kind of hilarious, they basically start exchanging finishers/kickouts after about 3 minutes and the match had to have gone 25 minutes or so. Crowd totally ate it up though, so it did work.

Are we allowed to talk NXT here? Pretty damn excited for tonight

What about tomorrow? Seems like it's gonna be Rollins and Becky or Charlotte winning

Alright guys, based on you all, I just signed up for the network.

We watched WrestleMania III this AM.

The boy is watching the pre-match stuff now.

I do get all the new PPV’s real time too, right??

Alright guys, based on you all, I just signed up for the network.

We watched WrestleMania III this AM.

The boy is watching the pre-match stuff now.

I do get all the new PPV’s real time too, right??

Yes, you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom