X is not the issue Goal is | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

X is not the issue Goal is

Faceoffs were the bigger problem, but if you have two goalies, you don't have a goalie. Settle on one guy and live or die with him.

Briancuse said:
Faceoffs were the bigger problem, but if you have two goalies, you don't have a goalie. Settle on one guy and live or die with him.

Faceoffs weren't the biggest issue tonight. In fact, probably third in the pecking order.

Faceoffs weren't the biggest issue tonight. In fact, probably third in the pecking order.

I meant as a whole, but we did lose the faceoff battle tonight.

3 crease violations from Staats. Staats brings his A game, we win.
4 excellent takeaways from our D, all leading to nothing from our O
Ball game right there IMO.
Pressler's scheme baffled us; save for goalie and the X, his players were not as good as ours; Desko was outcoached.
No way we're even in it unless Rice buries those two impossible shots.
Their goalie was amazing. He really got into our shooter's heads.
Our goalies were below average. They should also be a big part of helping a D slide and communicate.
Still, Daddio gave us a chance at a win in an almost impossible situation. Yet, again, we go low on that goalie. Stick it high, maybe we tie.
Lacrosse reached a zenith of media coverage a few years back, and its all going to Duke.
Even the worst Thompson might have helped us at attack. It's like JB passing up Carmelo and his twin brother, for some principled stand about being a selector school, and making room for a couple coaches kids.

Pressler's scheme baffled us; save for goalie and the X, his players were not as good as ours; Desko was outcoached.
Our goalies were below average. They should also be a big part of helping a D slide and communicate.
Still, Daddio gave us a chance at a win in an almost impossible situation. Yet, again, we go low on that goalie. Stick it high, maybe we tie.
Lacrosse reached a zenith of media coverage a few years back, and its all going to Duke.
Even the worst Thompson might have helped us at attack. It's like JB passing up Carmelo and his twin brother, for some principled stand about being a selector school, and making room for a couple coaches kids.

0-3 on man-up. I think on two of them we didn't even get a shot off.

We were, and it wasn't all FOGO. Daddio had a couple that the wings blew.

I am not putting it all on daddio, for sure the wings needed to do a better job, but not being able to win faceoffs and control the ball was a huge factor tonight.

Our wings are ridiculously bad. They almost never seem to be the first to a loose ball, ever. And when we do finally manage to muck it up they usually end up missing the groundball.

Pretty much nailed it Swish.

Mullins held Morrell, Bryant's leader in points, to one goal on four shots. Mullins collected five ground balls and caused three turnovers.

OrangeXtreme said:
Mullins held Morrell, Bryant's leader in points, to one goal on four shots. Mullins collected five ground balls and caused three turnovers.

Mullins isn't the problem. The fact that he's considered our best shutdown defender is. He's been as inconsistent as the entire defense (e.g. shutting down Kavanagh during the regular season & getting torched by him in the ACC tourney).

I had a nightmare of drew jenkins leaving his man (with the ball) behind the goal to slide to the crease. Yikes

Pretty much nailed it Swish.

Second that. I'll also add on the abysmal wing play that several times, Massa had it in traffic after just popping it in his stick and not one SU wing tried to strip it from him or poke check. It's like they just give up. I was dumbfounded.

The one crease violation call was total BS. I thought the refs sucked last night.

Orangello said:
The one crease violation call was total BS. I thought the refs sucked last night.

The illegal body check in the last 2 minutes of the game was by far the worst call of the game.

That was a text book perfect hit; I loathe the pussification of lacrosse in the past two years due to inconsistent officiating of body checks.

The illegal body check in the last 2 minutes of the game was by far the worst call of the game.

That was a text book perfect hit; I loathe the pussification of lacrosse in the past two years due to inconsistent officiating of body checks.

Officiating was awful yesterday, the next time Syracuse gets the favorite/home team call it will be the 1st. Nearly every 50.50 call went to Bryant including some absolutely mind boggling ones.

You get penalized more often for aggressive play now.

You get penalized more often for aggressive play now.

It's very frustrating to watch body checks vanish from the game due to subjective rules and inconsistent officiating. Between the stick technology that allows offensive players to make ridiculous moves (that would've normally resulted in a helicopter 10-15 years ago) and the lack of legal body checking it's not the same game I played and love.

They ought to force everyone to play with a Superlite II (the old ones).

Get off my lawn.

Next year we bring in our best on paper goalie in years. Thank Goodness i dont believe our guys made one difficult save today. Goalies cost us the game not the X
Anticipation is a huge requirement at goalie and these two kids fail to even see the ball in the sticks coming their way The whole set of basics seem missing for the most part and that comes down to coaching as much as innate talent /ability. Its time that Gross got involved with a once great program and that means its leadership which is gone as should Mr Desko. His past is very past success bordering on ancient history.

I've always thought that the wings were equally important n winning the FO. Grabbig that ground ball requires quickness and excellent stick work. LACKING!

Mens lacrosse is becoming women's lacrosse, you can't hit anyone anymore. That was a textbook hit, such a joke that was a illegal bodycheck.

What the he!! conference was that ref crew from ? They were horrible all game long.

Back in my day, a body check was anything goes, as long as you only took two steps doing it, and didn't extend your arms. I have no idea what the rules are now. The SU guy clearly took 3-4 steps and laid into the Bryant player with as much force as he could. He looked a 2008 Troy Polamalu. I don't think it was textbook, but again, I don't know. Whether it was the right call or not, you do NOT make that call in that situation. Unless it is a slash to the head.

I believe the punishment should fit the crime. In that case, the punishment was "game over". The crime in that case was not a "game over" type of crime.

One of these crease violations was absolutely the wrong call. And, it was the one that took away the goal.

Really bad job by the officials last night. Honestly, I thought Bryant was quite slashy as well. Now we get to watch Miles win the Tewaarton one year, and Lyle the next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom