Yankees pitching | Syracusefan.com

Yankees pitching

victor

All Conference
Have to give the Yankees props for rebuilding the pitching staff. It is amazing what they have done after losing 80% of their starting pitchers.

It's kinda fun seeing the ball get handed through the farm team and the MLB scrap heap. I also appreciate that the Yankees always try to win.

Like the old time Mets that used to seem to grow them everywhere.

I'd love for Pineda to be able to contribute a little in September, just to keep everyone else fresh.

I'm not holding my breath on seeing Tanaka again this year.

Tanaka is probably headed for surgery. Don't know about Pineda. That line up. The boss must be turning over in his grave, I've been a Yankee fan since 1955 when I came to the U.S. I remember the Mick hitting a home run against Baltimore after coming back from a broken ankle. I remember taking of from work early and watching with my son Bucky Dent hit a home run against Mike Torres and the Red Sox. I also remember Reggie hitting 3 home runs in the world series while laying in bed in the hospital after nose surgery. I also remember the home run against the Braves during the world series by the guy whose names escapes me when all seemed lost.

My father's first cousin who helps us come over from Cuba was actually buried with a Yankee cap in his coffin. Most Cubans love the Yankees. Of course the Orange man are number one in my heart. Anyway if my message is garbled I will blame it on the fact that I am working on my second white russian after watching my grandson leave my home after he plundered it.

The make shift rotation has performed beyond anyone's reasonable expectations at this point. I don't think I am being unfairly pessimistic in thinking that a rotation of Kuroda, Phelps, Capuano, McCarthy, and Greene will eventually implode. I hope the Yankees can add someone to the top of that rotation this week. If they can stay in it until September, maybe Tanaka and/or Pineda can give them the extra push to the postseason. It doesn't feel very realistic to me, but whatever, we Yankee fans are spoiled anyway.

Have to give the Yankees props for rebuilding the pitching staff. It is amazing what they have done after losing 80% of their starting pitchers.
They won't hold up.

You won't need any upgrades in pitching now that you have human vacuum Stephen Drew playing for the Yankees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom