Yeah, Duke had 15 3's, but we shot 57.4% from the floor. | Syracusefan.com

Yeah, Duke had 15 3's, but we shot 57.4% from the floor.

Half of Duke's shots were threes. Live and die with it.

The stat that surprised me is rebounds. They were 14/15 = 29; We were 11/26 = 37. Really? I was pulling my hair out thinking we were getting killed.

They have a weak defense, and our offense is elite. They're just so damn good at hitting 3s that they were able to hang around.

The stat that surprised me is rebounds. They were 14/15 = 29; We were 11/26 = 37. Really? I was pulling my hair out thinking we were getting killed.

We made up serious ground after Jefferson picked up his 4th. but we were fairly even before that. Jefferson was killing us on the offensive glass though.

Most of that FG% came from the paint right?? We had a ton of shots in the paint.

Half of Duke's shots were threes. Live and die with it.

And they shot their season average percentage-wise from 3.

Without 3's in this game, they lose by a bajillion.

In the age of advanced metrics, and after watching that game, how someone could go with that old-fashioned idea of 'live by the 3, die blah blah blah' is kinda ridiculous.

Hell, here's a list of the leading 3-pt shooters in the ACC going into this game. When you have 4 of the top 5 3-pt shooters in the league by percentage, wouldn't it be insane to NOT shoot a crapload of 3's?

Just such an antiquated notion on 3-pt shooting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom