You can complain about the refs all you'd like... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You can complain about the refs all you'd like...

I think a lot of you are missing the point of this thread. The refs were absolutely for sh-t. I don't need anyone to try to convince me of that.

But we got outscored something like 49-17 down the stretch. That isn't all on the refs. We executed like crap.

We are somewhat mentally weak. When things go well it doesn't show, but when things start to snowball we can't shake it off like a lot of other teams and some of our other teams in the past have been able to do. We did not execute, but the officials started making the snowball.

I call BS - if the refs allow you to be ridden like a horse up and down the court, you will get out of your game and make more turnovers. I can't believe that anyone could have watched that game and not believe that it's 80% on the refs. (20% for FT misses)

If cahill was on fire i wouldn't even bother to unzip my fly. Same goes for the other two. If i hear of bad things happening to the, I could/would care less.

You get unpredictable results when you blatantly ignore the rules.

We had a 16 point lead. We lost by 17. That's a 33 point swing. Was that all on officiating?

We executed like a$$. Yes, the refs didn't help, but we shot ourselves in the foot with poor play.

We just know we're going to give up the lead. This team struggled against great teams this year. When we started so well in the last 3 games we played like we knew it would even out and we just needed to hold on. Once it started going downhill, avalanche.

We had a 16 point lead. We lost by 17. That's a 33 point swing. Was that all on officiating?

Stop.

We executed like . Yes, the refs didn't help, but we shot ourselves in the foot with poor play.
we 100% fell apart... due in large part is because cahill and two other douchnozzles are alive and in a position to destroy a sporting event.

I do not ever make excuses about the officiating. This game was changed when Louisville started to play aggressive defense where they were right on top of the Cuse players. If these plays are called fouls and Louisville does not get the steals that they were getting they do not come back. Absolute and utter bullshit. Like my dad says its like they did not want Syracuse to win the game.

Great illustration in your avatar of what was let go all night and then some. shambles.

1team frusrated ville made everything
2 tired maybe.
3 didnt respond offensively and missed key freethrows stopped running offense when not fouled.
4 james not moving without ball smith 6 foot james 6"8 in zone automatic double team

MAN I AM IRRATIONALLY ANGRY... I can totally understand the temporary insanity plea which i always thouhgt was a convienent rouse to escape the law.

It really depends on Brandon. He had a good game and half and then fell apart today and in the second half against Georgetown.

If we can get the good Brandon we are in good shape to make a run if we get the bad Brandon we are one and done. I just hope JB has the balls to yank him for Cooney if needed.
Brandon was terrible when L started aggressively defending and pressing, he turned the ball over several times and compounded that with a couple really bad shots. He failed as a Senior leader today.

We are somewhat mentally weak. When things go well it doesn't show, but when things start to snowball we can't shake it off like a lot of other teams and some of our other teams in the past have been able to do. We did not execute, but the officials started making the snowball.
I don't know why, but that made me think of this:

Thanks, game. You made me reference The Replacements.

Twenty offensive rebounds is about lack of effort and heart. Choking on the few FTs you get is lack of spine. Playing without force is lack of courage. We played like the weaker team in the second half and got bitch slapped. Horrible officiating aside, we bought and paid for this loss...

I would like to know how many of the fouls against us were called by Stephens. Bad memories of that clown.

...and yes, they were inconsistent--but no team can turn the ball over 12 times in a half against a team like Louisville and win.

Awful job by our squad after the 16 minute mark. There's still time--need to get stops, defensive rebounds to kill their possessions, and stop turning the !@#$% ball over.

Totally agree. Although the refs were definitely pro Louisville, there were to many just plain mistakes by our own players to even attempt to justify the outcome by blaming the refs.

You have to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. Our guys never did.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The problem is we don't have the guys who can adjust to that type of play. Our two primary ball handlers lack the quickness needed to blow by defenders. Even when the use a great crossover or other move they can't get the separation. Both Triche and MCW are like possession receivers. We don't have a ball handler who is a deep threat.

"The officiating was horrible!" -Said every losing fanbase of every losing team in sports history

We were out-executed and out-hustled - that's why we lost.

We executed like a$$. Yes, the refs didn't help, but we shot ourselves in the foot with poor play.

Honestly it's a little comical and a little sad that anyone arguing with you plays the "I don't normally rip the refs but.." card. I'm sorry but if you're blaming that much of a beatdown on the refs you are that guy.
I mean you could argue the calls went in our favor the previous 2 L'ville games and they were both coinflips. When they went the other way we got flogged. That's really all you need to tell you who the better team is.

I will say however that I'm less likely to pick L'ville to win it all given their habit of fouling 17 times per possession. Their style of play is a little like a video game with 'easy' settings on when a game is called that loose.

"The officiating was horrible!" -Said every losing fanbase of every losing team in sports history

We were out-executed and out-hustled - that's why we lost.

Nonsense. Pearl31 would never agree with that.

Why do we perpetually bitch about things as opposed to adjusting to the reality of things?

For about a day after a tough loss most fans are a tad irrational. It's not really anything exclusive to Syracuse or unique at all quite frankly.

Fans tend to be fanatical. It leads to them being a tad nuts at times.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, why do you have to PERPETUALLY bitch about something as obvious as that when you know it's going to happen every single time and things won't normalize for about 12-24 hours?

I wrote the reality of things right above my question if that helps.

...and yes, they were inconsistent--but no team can turn the ball over 12 times in a half against a team like Louisville and win.

Awful job by our squad after the 16 minute mark. There's still time--need to get stops, defensive rebounds to kill their possessions, and stop turning the !@#$% ball over.
Agreed...BUT, if the game was called correctly many of those turnovers wouldn't have occurred.

Once the momentum starts, it's difficult to stop.

Michael Stephens absolutely sucks...he thinks the fannies in the seats came to watch his theatrics. putrid!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom