You can complain about the refs all you'd like... | Syracusefan.com

You can complain about the refs all you'd like...

RF2044

Living Legend
...and yes, they were inconsistent--but no team can turn the ball over 12 times in a half against a team like Louisville and win.

Awful job by our squad after the 16 minute mark. There's still time--need to get stops, defensive rebounds to kill their possessions, and stop turning the !@#$% ball over.

Not only that, but even our better free throw shooters are bricking shots at the line. Not a good combination to leave so many points on the board.

...and yes, they were inconsistent--but no team can turn the ball over 12 times in a half against a team like Louisville and win.

Awful job by our squad after the 16 minute mark. There's still time--need to get stops, defensive rebounds to kill their possessions, and stop turning the !@#$% ball over.

That's ignoring the fact that at least 8 of those turnovers are directly related to fouls not called.

I do not ever make excuses about the officiating. This game was changed when Louisville started to play aggressive defense where they were right on top of the Cuse players. If these plays are called fouls and Louisville does not get the steals that they were getting they do not come back. Absolute and utter bullshit. Like my dad says its like they did not want Syracuse to win the game.

Cause and effect. When you are allowed to slap arms and hold players coming to the ball, turnovers happen. If these fouls were called, the TO's might not of happened. Anyway, it will be great to leave the BE and these absolutely shitty referees

Ummm yes because when you put two hands on the guy with the ball its aa foul and that not beomg called for a 5min stretch when we were up 16 decided the game. SO I will complain

The refs affected the outcome of the game greatly.

Nobody said that they didn't.

But you can't turn the ball over indiscriminately against a defense like this and not expect the game to get out of hand.

On that "block" on the inbounds the guy was grabbing Carter Williams and then grabbed him when he ran down the court then got hit with the body on the block. Epitome of the game.

When the refs won't call fouls, it gets in your head. It's been consistently against Syracuse tonight. I don't usually complain about refs, but this is ridiculous.

But of those 12 turnovers I would estimate 4-5 of those turnovers should have been foul calls on Louisville.

The thing I don't understand is the whole hand checking bodying up rules. What are the officials told to call? Sometimes you can knock a guy down and take the ball with no call. Other times you slightly touch the dribbler and it is a foul. All I ask is for consistency and the officiated all across the country and especially in the Big East is not consistent.

Cuse up 8 and I remember specifically two steals where Peyton and then Hancock grabbed the Syracuse player to the ground and then passed the ball forward. Cuse is still up 8 with the ball instead of only up 3 and its a whole different game.

You've all played basketball I assume. When you are playing and you cannot move without the defender hand checking you and grabbing you, you cannot score at all.

ing travesty.

The refs were so comically bad that they took all momentum away from us and gave it to Louisiville... started with the possession where Grant came in and was pushed out of bounds and the refs called it a turnover on us. Russ Smith hit a three and the run was on.

I do agree that we looked like we had never seen a press before... we had zero strategy for counteracting it and every team we play is going to have good tape. This team is flawed by guards who are really weak on the ball and in the head not much we can do about it at this point.

I think we make the second weekend but after that it really depends on whether we get a team who can take our guards out of the game or not... Please no BE team and no OSU.

The refs were so comically bad that they took all momentum away from us and gave it to Louisiville... started with the possession where Grant came in and was pushed out of bounds and the refs called it a turnover on us. Russ Smith hit a three and the run was on.
Started well before that. From the get-go, i.e. the ball knocked out of Cooney's hands, blatant Siva travel to end the half, and on and on and on.

I think a lot of you are missing the point of this thread. The refs were absolutely for sh-t. There's no need for anyone to try to convince me of that.

But we got outscored something like 49-17 down the stretch. That isn't all on the refs. We executed like crap.

You have to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. Our guys never did.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Yep...more specifically Pitino did and JB did not

this loss should not ruin our momentum.. lets not meltdown after making a hell of a run in a season where we thought we were toast..

I think a lot of you are missing the point of this thread. The refs were absolutely for sh-t. There's no need for anyone to try to convince me of that.

But we got outscored something like 49-17 down the stretch. That isn't all on the refs. We executed like crap.
You get unpredictable results when you blatantly ignore the rules.

On that "block" on the inbounds the guy was grabbing Carter Williams and then grabbed him when he ran down the court then got hit with the body on the block. Epitome of the game.

On one turnover, when MCW broke left he was blatantly holding his jersey - we of course get called for that yesterday. Just didn't make sense today w/ the officiating- oh well.

this loss should not ruin our momentum.. lets not meltdown after making a hell of a run in a season where we thought we were toast..
It really depends on Brandon. He had a good game and half and then fell apart today and in the second half against Georgetown.

If we can get the good Brandon we are in good shape to make a run if we get the bad Brandon we are one and done. I just hope JB has the balls to yank him for Cooney if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom