You can't make this stuff up-Warning RU-related | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

You can't make this stuff up-Warning RU-related

Losing to UConn might not be as farfetched as one might think. Blown out at home 2 of last 3 games, just barely beat Temple, going to play at UCF this week, who won a close game that they should have won big. O'Leary I'm sure has no love for Rutgers, and will want to post a big score, might get really ugly this week.

I see no way UCF doesn't throttle them, the Rutgers secondary is an absolute wasteland right now.

I just hope Schiano holds on long ebough in TB so that he cannot go back there after they can Flood

I think they keep Flood another year if they make bowl

the Floodgates are wide open and all the trash is seeping out now.

Really wish we could capitalize on UCONN and Ruts self implosions

Would love to sign one of their decommits just to rub salt in the wound but it looks like Jennings is the only one with possible interest. As it looks like we're full at the WR position for this class our its probably not gonna happen. Still love that karma has caught up with all of them from Schiano down to the RU super fans. Time to get back into Jersey as a home alternative for these kids.

the Floodgates are wide open and all the trash is seeping out now.

Really wish we could capitalize on UCONN and Ruts self implosions
There's not one committed UConn player that I want to come here. Rutgers has some players, sure, but no one that I could see that would improve on who we are going after.

There's not one committed UConn player that I want to come here. Rutgers has some players, sure, but no one that I could see that would improve on who we are going after.

Talking more big picture ... No 2 schools benefitted more from our decline then they did. Would like to take everything back and then some more

Edit: actually I would like to add Chasz a Wright, but he seems more a back up option at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I liked Rob Moore as an NFL player and he is an alum, but the guy I think is the NJ recruiter on this coaching staff and with the poor WR play and poor NJ recruiting really needs to step up. Question I have was Moore asked by Marrone to go with him to Buffalo or not? Because that would answer a lot IMO considering what Marrone took.

I appreciate your passion for all things Syracuse However, Rob Moore is not the problem. We are still climbing out of the hole that PP and GR put us into. We are getting better recruits but the best players want to win and we lost that reputation for a while. Three bowls in four years will help a lot, but we will still have a long way to go to where we can be.

For that matter, the whole Eastern Finger of the B1G is a bit of a cluster#%€£... Ped State, Buttgers, and Maryland. Wow.

I appreciate your passion for all things Syracuse However, Rob Moore is not the problem. We are still climbing out of the hole that PP and GR put us into. We are getting better recruits but the best players want to win and we lost that reputation for a while. Three bowls in four years will help a lot, but we will still have a long way to go to where we can be.
I don't think questioning Moore is out of line. I don't think he is the problem yet, but he is the coach on the staff that is suppose to recruit in NJ and I don't think we have gotten many NJ prospects recently, and our WR play hasn't been good. It may be talent and not coaching, but calling a spade a spade doesn't mean I dislike Moore. I agree the more bowls we get to the better perception we will develop, but we aren't a dreg in the minds of recruits anymore we are just mediocre which is good but with room to grow.

I don't think questioning Moore is out of line. I don't think he is the problem yet, but he is the coach on the staff that is suppose to recruit in NJ and I don't think we have gotten many NJ prospects recently, and our WR play hasn't been good. It may be talent and not coaching, but calling a spade a spade doesn't mean I dislike Moore. I agree the more bowls we get to the better perception we will develop, but we aren't a dreg in the minds of recruits anymore we are just mediocre which is good but with room to grow.

Moore doesn't get credit for developing Lemon? I know he didnt recruit him, but development?

from the twitter world a 2015 RB committed to buttgers might be at the SU/Pitt game this weekend.

Moore doesn't get credit for developing Lemon? I know he didnt recruit him, but development?
Probably not by some on this board.

This situation reminds me a lot of when posters pounded Will Hicks for years. Way too many negative opinions expressed without having insider's access.

OK, we differ. I'm not ready to dump a coach that is proven to work well with what he has to work with. Our kids routinely execute blocking down field, run routes that they are not suitable for (trying to speed past Clemson and FSU is NOT Moore's or the layer's fault, the kids just are not at that level). They do everything that they have the physical talent to do.

As to recruiting, Moore is doing the job. However, he has to rebuild old relations while fighting the new and stronger Rutgers and UConn relations in the area. SU not OK in the Jersey kids' eyes, yet. Rutgers has the flashier resume during these kids lives compared to Syracuse. You can bet that Rutgers coaches (especially Schiano) have painted Syracuse as a dregg while Rutgers was going bowling. It will take a long time to regain the HS coaches trust in SU as a viable program to send their kids to.

If we continue to improve and our WR talent and we fail to land Jersey kids that are better than what we have coming in, you would have a strong argument. I simply believe we are not at that point. I also believe that Moore is going to be a very good coach long term.

OK, we differ. I'm not ready to dump a coach that is proven to work well with what he has to work with. Our kids routinely execute blocking down field, run routes that they are not suitable for (trying to speed past Clemson and FSU is NOT Moore's or the layer's fault, the kids just are not at that level). They do everything that they have the physical talent to do.

As to recruiting, Moore is doing the job. However, he has to rebuild old relations while fighting the new and stronger Rutgers and UConn relations in the area. SU not OK in the Jersey kids' eyes, yet. Rutgers has the flashier resume during these kids lives compared to Syracuse. You can bet that Rutgers coaches (especially Schiano) have painted Syracuse as a dregg while Rutgers was going bowling. It will take a long time to regain the HS coaches trust in SU as a viable program to send their kids to.

If we continue to improve and our WR talent and we fail to land Jersey kids that are better than what we have coming in, you would have a strong argument. I simply believe we are not at that point. I also believe that Moore is going to be a very good coach long term.
If Moore is so bad , how can we be getting commitments from the type of recruits that we appear to be getting? After all he is their position coach, so they must have been able to talk to him.

I'm confused that Flood thinks its better to define a kid as leaving to play baseball (particularly when Rutgers has a baseball team) vs leaving for homesickness. Regardless of the reason, the kid left Rutgers and didn't want to play there anymore. Why Flood would lie or why the kid would lie about the reason has now become the issue not the fact that he doesn't want to play there anymore.

If Moore is so bad , how can we be getting commitments from the type of recruits that we appear to be getting? After all he is their position coach, so they must have been able to talk to him.
The recruits we have gotten thus far are not from Moore's area. I am glad the WR recruiting looks good but they appear to be from FL which is George McDonald country. I don't know who is recruiting PA it may be Moore and Curtis may be a Moore commit but I don't he is the other WR recruit commit.

Moore may be good but he hasn't impressed me yet. I am not saying I am right but I am not going to apologize for a legitimate opinion that I have.

I am glad Lemon developed and will give Moore credit for that. However, I am talking about NJ recruiting. Moore is our NJ recruiter and the point was in relation to NJ recruiting which has appeared to be drying up for SU recently.

I am glad Lemon developed and will give Moore credit for that. However, I am talking about NJ recruiting. Moore is our NJ recruiter and the point was in relation to NJ recruiting which has appeared to be drying up for SU recently.

He may not be a good recruiter -but he's a good coach and an SU NFL link. The kids like him. If McDonald can get him some quality guys and Moore turns them into stars - does his recruiting ability matter all that much?

I'll take 3-4 FL receivers over NJ/NY all day, any day.

It's too bad that they still have games against UConn and USF to win one for bowl eligibility.

It's the one time Marsh will actually cheer for UConn. But only a little. ;)

Rutgers' most recent 2014 QB commit:

rutgers.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom