You can't make this stuff up-Warning RU-related | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You can't make this stuff up-Warning RU-related

The head coach angrily defending himself is always the prequel to head coach being fired. Wonder who will be lining up for that job? B1G near NYC, but the people you are working for are a hot mess. The state that funds you wishes it didn't have to.

The Rutgers board is trotting out the usual suspects, Tressel, Petrino, etc.

They owe him $3.15m over the next 3 years and they still are going to owe the AAC $11mm.

The Rutgers board is trotting out the usual suspects, Tressel, Petrino, etc.

They owe him $3.15m over the next 3 years and they still are going to owe the AAC $11mm.
They will be lucky to get the AAC payment down to 11 million. The 27 month notice and the fact Louisville got its payment down from 15 million down to 11 million because they gave notice in Oct. 2011 means RU has no leg to stand on to try and pay less than the 15 million dollar exit fee.

They made a mistake in the hire of their new AD, she with her baggage, and handling of situations since she has been there, if it were a man would have been dismissed.

I wonder how soon after the invite that the B1G got buyer's remorse? Had to be within hours, right?

What was that conference thinking???

Besides all of the distractions off the field, the RU team is showing what a mediocre program they really are. They will probably end up 7-5, but if not for some last minute luck against SMU, Temple and Arkansas, they could easily be 2-7 right now. They're not even in the conversation for the AAC title.

Besides all of the distractions off the field, the RU team is showing what a mediocre program they really are. They will probably end up 7-5, but if not for some last minute luck against SMU, Temple and Arkansas, they could easily be 2-7 right now. They're not even in the conversation for the AAC title.
It's too bad that they still have games against UConn and USF to win one for bowl eligibility.

Any day now we should be reading another glowing article about what a genius Delaney is for adding Rutgirls and Mary Land. Locked up those NYC and DC tv markets. Mmmm Hmmm. Swofford drinks Delaney's milkshake.

I wonder how soon after the invite that the B1G got buyer's remorse? Had to be within hours, right?

Unless all the residents in that area cancel their cable, the B1G will be happy to weather the storm. They always had a bigger purpose. They aren't even in their league yet. But when they formally join, that press conference could turn into a circus pretty quickly.

It's too bad that they still have games against UConn and USF to win one for bowl eligibility.

I think I might have to root for UCONN. Only because the only thing worse than being UCONN would be to be Rutgers losing to UCONN.

I'm LMAO at work reading a thread on their rivals board about what Flood possibly heard about the kid leaving to play baseball...

Player says "Coach, I want to be closer to Baltimore"
Flood hears "Coach i want to be the closer for Baltimore"

LMAO. There are a few funny others.

I think I might have to root for UCONN. Only because the only thing worse than being UCONN would be to be Rutgers losing to UCONN.
I will be and it's not even a tough decision.I would root for anyone playing Rutgers not named The Hokies.

Man U know its messed up when Arizona knight scout, Ruuuu, and their ilk don't even bother to refute an anti NJSU thread such as this. For this thread to get this far without buttgers trolling gives some credence

They have a big shot grad in the B1G offices, he pushed hard for his alma mater. No doubt that's what got them in.

Man U know its messed up when Arizona knight scout, Ruuuu, and their ilk don't even bother to refute an anti NJSU thread such as this. For this thread to get this far without buttgers trolling gives some credence

I'll agree, there google alerts notify them immediately when negative statements are being made. We've had a few RU threads here over the past two weeks, not a peep from either of them.

Unless all the residents in that area cancel their cable, the B1G will be happy to weather the storm. They always had a bigger purpose. They aren't even in their league yet. But when they formally join, that press conference could turn into a circus pretty quickly.
Are the cable providers adding the Big 10 Network? I'll admit, that it a lot in fees. Who knows if they keep them if no one ends up watching.

Losing to UConn might not be as farfetched as one might think. Blown out at home 2 of last 3 games, just barely beat Temple, going to play at UCF this week, who won a close game that they should have won big. O'Leary I'm sure has no love for Rutgers, and will want to post a big score, might get really ugly this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom