Young Disappointing college stars. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Young Disappointing college stars.

I always thought Troy Bell would be a solid pro (a Jason Terry instant offense type guy) but I was miserably mistaken on that one. He put up ridiculous numbers in college.

In 2007 I knew two things:

I was certain that Corey Brewer had a skill-set that would translate, if not into stardom then at least into a solid NBA career.

I was slightly less sure, but still strongly of the opinion, that Jo Noah wasn't skilled enough to stick in the league.

File this into Chapter 473 of why OttoMets doesn't bother to form NBA opinions. They're always wrong.

Well this player was a disappointment in college, having torn his ACL as a freshman, but still declared and was drafted late in the 1st round - Chris McCollough.

I was going to say RJ Barrett but I looked him up and hes not too bad.

Shows how much ive been paying attention to the NBA

In 2007 I knew two things:

I was certain that Corey Brewer had a skill-set that would translate, if not into stardom then at least into a solid NBA career.

I was slightly less sure, but still strongly of the opinion, that Jo Noah wasn't skilled enough to stick in the league.

File this into Chapter 473 of why OttoMets doesn't bother to form NBA opinions. They're always wrong.

I was with you on thinking Noah would bust.

Remember Tractor Traylor RIP - I remember he was drafted high in the 1st round by Dallas who traded him to the Bucks for Dirk Nowitzki. Ouch.

Duke’s Danny Ferry was the second pick in the first round by the Clippers, he refused to play for them and played abroad his first year and then came back stinking it up for Cleveland.

Michigan St’s Mateen Cleaves - multi year college All American, MOP Final 4 player for his NCAA championship team, drafted in the first round and averaged 3.6 points in his NBA career.

Ed OBannon UCLA is another name I thought of, was a huge college star drafted in the first round who didn’t do anything in the NBA.
If I recall, Obannon’s knee was already arthritic as a rookie.

Jabari Parker has produced, but not nearly to the level as expected. I remember people calling him a future hof’er at Duke.

I was going to say RJ Barrett but I looked him up and hes not too bad.

Shows how much ive been paying attention to the NBA
RJ had a rough rookie season, but now playing great and improving -and still only age 20.
Unfortunately the Knicks have other candidates AKA The Bust Twins on their bench-
Kevin Knox, #9 in 2018
Frank Ntilikina, #8 in 2017 -(not a college player, but fits otherwise
Imagine where the surging Knicks could be now if they drafted better those years!

Beasley from K State, OJ Mayo
I'll see your OJ Mayo and raise you a Felipe Lopez! And truthfully Mayo played 8 seasons averaging 14 ppg and Beasley played 11 seasons averaging 12 ppg. Certainly not the superstars they were supposed to be but...both were better than Billy Owens in the NBA.

I'll see your OJ Mayo and raise you a Felipe Lopez! And truthfully Mayo played 8 seasons averaging 14 ppg and Beasley played 11 seasons averaging 12 ppg. Certainly not the superstars they were supposed to be but...both were better than Billy Owens in the NBA.
Keeping it close to home... did anyone else believe that Billy Owens would have had a more impactful NBA career? He had a 10 year NBA career and had a 14.4 PER which is slightly below average (15 PER is average).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom