Your as official as it gets SU Cal thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Your as official as it gets SU Cal thread

My mind goes back to Jason Hart's freshman year when Kentucky beat us by 40 in Alaska, I believe.

Thinking exactly the same thing. Great Alaska Shootout in 97. This team seems to have some of the same weaknesses. Youth and inability to score...

Thinking exactly the same thing. Great Alaska Shootout in 97. This team seems to have some of the same weaknesses. Youth and inability to score...

At least we don't have Elvir Ovcina chucking hammers at the rim and threading the needle to the guy in the front row, on this team.

McCullough might shoot better from the 3 than the FT line.

What is Kaleb's problem? Why is he afraid to go up strong around the rim?

A little early for Boeheim to put on his squinty "we're going to lose" expression.

We are so freaking weak, physically. I know Jim recruits a certain "type" but god we are getting outmuscled like crazy tonight with Christmas on the bench.

why is it so hard for the guy on the wing to not leave the great shooter who's just standing there waiting in the corner WIDE OPEN?

Time to try Pitino ball. Take it to the basket every time and force them to call fouls. Stop the clock, make FT's. If they don't call fouls, flip out and throw tantrums.

Pressure, clutch, grab, hold on defense. If they call fouls, flip out and throw tantrums.

It works for that asswipe consistently, why not try it?

We are so freaking weak, physically. I know Jim recruits a certain "type" but god we are getting outmuscled like crazy tonight with Christmas on the bench.
That's the scariest takeaway for me. Not that we can't shoot (what else is new), it's that we are getting beat down while making Cal look like men amongst boys.

Kaleb Joseph is a not good version of Pablo Prigioni.

Kaleb looked so good against that Canadian team. Mid range J, floaters, finishing around the rim.

Now he's scared to shoot, and playing like a spaz.

djcon57 said:
This much appears to be obvious to me...

This team was built for ennis and grant to return.

Agree completely - we'd be a top 10 team with both and a healthy DC2. Looks like we're going to be a team that will struggle to stay in the top 25. Ennis appears to be far more advanced as a freshman than Joseph - a duh statement I know :)

Is it too early to complain about the zone? Man I wish we could at least press or have a secondary defense when the zone IS NOT WORKING.

I know it's not over yet, but this will probably be our first November loss since 2007.

That's the scariest takeaway for me. Not that we can't shoot (what else is new), it's that we are getting beat down while making Cal look like men amongst boys.

But Cooney can lay bricks like a mid-50's mason.

I know it's not over yet, but this will probably be our first November loss since 2007.

And I thought Flynn and Greene were poster children for freshmen looking overmatched against a mediocre opponent. They had nothing on these guys tonight.

Hey, now you can apparently jump wildly out of control into a defender and throw up a shot over your head, and draw a foul.

Good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom