Your Best and Worst Dome Memories | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your Best and Worst Dome Memories

Best full game: 1987 PSU
Best single play: 1987 2 point conversion against WVU. What a freshman year!

Worst: Pitt - homecoming I think, 2002. We got absolutely destroyed. Pitt could have scored any amount they wanted. It was 48-3 early in the 3rd quarter.

Several nacho related gaffes in here….
When I say I sat in nachos that game, both cheeks and lower back covered halftime through end of game and sat through it numbly devastated by our teams performance

41CCCA9A-F799-4C0E-977E-11064692972E.jpeg
79C78FC7-E218-429A-A147-2D77213C3998.jpeg
E97306B7-52FC-4E0F-97A2-93AEF4CFFB08.jpeg
This thread reminded me of this oldie but goodie:

Worst - 2008 Akron. This game broke me. It was such porous coaching and our talent level was so severely depleted. It was the only time I ever got up and left a game out of frustration.

So many good ones, but the two that stick out the most were 1998 vs VT and 2017 vs Clemson. I was on the field both times. Amazing experiences.

I could list 100 great games, but those ones stick out.

Best was easily Clemson but Purdue got close and WVU in 2011 on a Friday night gets an honorable mention.

Worst was the home loss to Akron on homecoming in 2008 but I had plenty of low points being a student from 08-12.
That Akron game is one of 2 I’ve missed In the dome since I was 10 years old

Best: VT 1998. Just such a wild swing of emotions throughout the second half. We should’ve won by 20. That was the kind of game that we always seemed to lose in heartbreaking fashion. Instead we won and it was incredible. Stormed the field for my first and only time.

Worst: South Florida 2005. We got shut out while retiring #44 at halftime. Game was insanely boring and pathetic.

best Pstate win

worst Chris coming up short against Miami

Best: SU basketball… a LONG time ago. I don’t remember who SU was playing. I know it was cold. SU was in their prime. None of our usual group wanted to go. My father-in-law surprised me and said he still wanted to go up to the game. He was a really nice guy - but henpecked like you could not believe. But a heart of gold and a deep desire to enjoy life. He got few opportunities.

He and I enjoyed the game from our usual seats, and even had a beer - maybe two. I know SU won. When the game was over I was ready to take him home, but he surprised me again and said, “How about we go for a beer?” I willingly agreed.

We ended up at one of my favorite spots - Riley’s on the north side. We sat just having beers and talking about SU basketball and life in general. It was gold. I had lost my own father ten years earlier, and we enjoyed each other’s company, though we never went out together before that. But you could tell he enjoyed not going home and probably felt like he was getting away with something, like a kid. A chance to be the man he was when he was younger, before life, and marriage and heart disease beat him down. It was a great night.

The next day I received the phone call that he had died at home. RIP Fred. And thank you.

That was my best Dome memory.

I don’t have any bad memories.

Best was easily Clemson but Purdue got close and WVU in 2011 on a Friday night gets an honorable mention.

Worst was the home loss to Akron on homecoming in 2008 but I had plenty of low points being a student from 08-12.
Oh my god I was at that Akron game. I think it was so miserably depressing I erased it from my memory. That was worse than the Lamar game and should be illegal to mention on this board

Best full game: 1987 PSU
Best single play: 1987 2 point conversion against WVU. What a freshman year!

Worst: Pitt - homecoming I think, 2002. We got absolutely destroyed. Pitt could have scored any amount they wanted. It was 48-3 early in the 3rd quarter.
We scored the first three points and then Pitt rattled off 48 straight. Only game I have ever left early and I'm not sure I even stayed until the end of the 3rd quarter. Then we went on the road and lost at Temple. Miserable back to back games.

(Editor's note: I started attending games as a freshman in 1991, so no 1987 Dome memories for me, nor the 1984 Nebraska game)

Best: 1998 McNabb to Brominski vs Virginia Tech

Runner up: 1991 Dar Dar Reverse vs Florida

Worst: 1992 Gedney (RIP) tackled at the 3 to end the game against Miami

Runner up 1: 1998 Tennessee FG going thru the uprights

Runner up 2: 1994 Oklahoma FG going thru the uprights
Kirby Kirby Dar Dar fan fan club club

Best? Would have to be my first time ever in the Dome. Ball State came to town and SU rolled. Late 80’s? Was the only time my Dad and I attended a game together.

Worst? Leaving the VT game at the half with Cuse down 21-0 only to miss the epic comeback. I have NEVER left early since.

A lot of great memories so far. I’ll change it up a little and go with my best loss and worst win.

Best loss: OU 94. Bryce Bevill running a dude down and knocking a sure TD out of the endzone and sparking a crazy 2nd half comeback that fell just short.

Worst win: Toledo 11(-ish ?). Being in the Dome and knowing that kick was clearly not in was a real low point for me. Losing may have been better for my psyche than winning on the worst blown call ever.

Oh my god I was at that Akron game. I think it was so miserably depressing I erased it from my memory. That was worse than the Lamar game and should be illegal to mention on this board
I don’t even register the Lamar game as being a bad one to be at. I got to see a Heisman winning superhuman hurdle poor Cordell Hudson right in front of me. I wasn’t even mad, just impressed.

You're our good luck charm. You are not allowed to miss a single game ever.
Well I don’t believe in luck, but let’s just say that I became a fan after the 2020 season and it’s been a pretty good ride since. In fact this year is our first season of being STH and well, that’s going pretty good as well. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom