Your Hottest Take? | Syracusefan.com

Your Hottest Take?

NKR1978

Living Legend
We all have dumb posts and reactionary opinions. What was your dumbest?

I think mine was in the 2013 season. Southerland was suspended and had a couple bad games after he returned. I insisted that the team was better off without him. Oof.

I wanted Donte Greene to leave. I thought he was just a chucker that put no effort into trying to create easier shots for himself or the team.

The fact that he was still a freshman and the team lacked depth could have well been the reason for that. So maybe I was too harsh.. or maybe not. I am just less definitive about it now,

That we would win only 9 OOC games this year which we we have already done. I am thrilled to have been wrong since I sure don’t expect to lose the last 3 - Bonnie’s, Buffalo, and Eastern Michigan.

I've had two bans in my time here. One deserved and one not deserved, imo. The one that was deserved was also during the '13 season. I ripped pretty much the entire team as unenjoyable and incompetent, with some choice language. I regretted it shortly after posting, but the damage was done.

I've had two bans in my time here. One deserved and one not deserved, imo. The one that was deserved was also during the '13 season. I ripped pretty much the entire team as unenjoyable and incompetent, with some choice language. I regretted it shortly after posting, but the damage was done.

My favorite part about these threads is all the H0T Takes I agreed with at the time (and sometimes still do in part). I ate my tickets for the Louisville senior day game in 2013 (and I almost never miss a game, and if I do I find someone to fill the seats). Was thinking a lot of the crazy stuff I assume you posted - thought that was a totally unpleasant team to watch (too many missed layups and backward jump-passes to the other team) and didn't feel like spending two more hours on them.

Four weeks later I was standing in D.C. watching them cut down the nets. I probably didn't deserve how much I enjoyed that one.

I been banned at least 5 or 6 times...so far.

My favorite part about these threads is all the H0T Takes I agreed with at the time (and sometimes still do in part). I ate my tickets for the Louisville senior day game in 2013 (and I almost never miss a game, and if I do I find someone to fill the seats). Was thinking a lot of the crazy stuff I assume you posted - thought that was a totally unpleasant team to watch (too many missed layups and backward jump-passes to the other team) and didn't feel like spending two more hours on them.

Four weeks later I was standing in D.C. watching them cut down the nets. I probably didn't deserve how much I enjoyed that one.

After the BET final when Louisville outscored us by approximately 100 points in the 2nd half I was angry/drunk screaming (after 4 days of heavy drinking) that all the good things we did that week were thrown away and that we would lose in the first round of NCAA's.

My dumbest reactionary post was getting all high and mighty over players leaving for the NBA early. It took me about year before I started to agree with the counter arguments. Now I'm somewhat neutral on the topic. But in the beginning I was pretty mad whenever our players would leave early. I still love CBB more than the NBA. And I always want to see the best for CBB. But I do accept the player arguments as just as valid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom