Your Hottest Take? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Your Hottest Take?

After watching Tiki Mayben play a high school game, I said that he would be our best PG since...I think I said Douglas. Maybe Autry.

I was scoffing at Paulus and convinced Mayben would have a way better college career.

That kid just didn’t have the head. Pretty sure he got in a bunch of trouble even after he ended up at Binghamton.

Last edited:
The only reason Andy Rautins got a scholarship from SU is that JB was doing Leo Rautins a favor.

After last year's two 5th year transfer pick-ups and thought DC was going to be 100% I thought we were a lock for the Final Four.

After watching Tiki Mayben play a high school game, I said that he would be our best PG since...I think I said Douglas. Maybe Autry.

I was scoffing at Paulus and convinced Mayben would have a way better college career.

That kid just didn’t have the head. Pretty sure he got in a bunch of trouble even after he ended up at Binghamton.

That's a tough one. You didn't know the kid was insane and had that much baggage.

Two for me:

GMac was a superior player to JJ Reddick and do better in the NBA.

Dave Johnson would be a perennial all star.

Related, after seeing Cuse destroy James Harden I wondered what all the fuss was about. (I guess this makes three)
Ditto on “The Beard”- just didn’t see what was so special about him. Thought he was slow and his game too lethargic for the Association.

Ditto on “The Beard”- just didn’t see what was so special about him. Thought he was slow and his game too lethargic for the Association.

Yeah, I’m guilty of that one too. He’s actually incredibly quick off the dribble, and skill wise he’s just ridiculous.

But in one game where we played 2-3 and he never got it going, he wasn’t impressive that day.

Ok, here is mine but I still want to defend myself. The title of my post from a year ago was "Could Chukwu develop into Rudy Gobert". However, my comment (argument ) was as follows:

Last year Gobert led the NBA in defensive FG% within 5 feet at 41%. Could this be where Chukwu is in three years. Not today, but in three years. You can't buy height and you can't buy length and Chukwu has both.

Looking back at the post, what I meant was would Chukwu develop into a huge defensive presence in the post. Not actually leading the NBA in defensive field goal %. We still don't know Chukwu's ceiling but he has made great strides in the past year so at least maybe my hot take isn't as scorching.

Could Chukwu develop into Rudy Gobert.

This always irks me ...

I hate seeing the Devendorf 3 that wasn’t, during the 6OT game. I have no idea why I get so annoyed with it whenever I see it used in a hype video or whatever, but to me it’s silly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This always irks me ...

I hate seeing the Devendorf 3 that wasn’t, during the 6OT game. I have no idea why I get so annoyed with it whenever I see it used in a hype video or whatever, but to me it’s silly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me too. When it happened I really thought it was off his hand and the shot was good the first time. The refs just waved it off for no reason or because they were a holes. I thought it was good or too close to overturn. They should have kept their first call.

This is a fun thread.

JB only agreed to his retirement date because he had a tee time to catch and was desperate to get out of Syverud’s office. He played his round, and started thinking of ways to get out of the agreement as soon as his putt rolled in on #18.

My runner up for hottest take is that this week’s bracketology is a cakewalk for Cuse.

the Harden one is a great one, that was a really good thread

This is a way old one, but I remember thinking Carlos Boozer was totally a product of the talent around him at Duke and wouldn't be anything in the NBA

Ok, here is mine but I still want to defend myself. The title of my post from a year ago was "Could Chukwu develop into Rudy Gobert". However, my comment (argument ) was as follows:

Last year Gobert led the NBA in defensive FG% within 5 feet at 41%. Could this be where Chukwu is in three years. Not today, but in three years. You can't buy height and you can't buy length and Chukwu has both.

Looking back at the post, what I meant was would Chukwu develop into a huge defensive presence in the post. Not actually leading the NBA in defensive field goal %. We still don't know Chukwu's ceiling but he has made great strides in the past year so at least maybe my hot take isn't as scorching.

Could Chukwu develop into Rudy Gobert.

Chukwu can't buy that level of agility and athleticism.

As many strides as Chukwu made, Gobert went from good young centre to NBA ALL STAR in the past year.

Last edited:
I was very very ready for the end of the Gerry McNamara experience by the end of the '06 regular season.

I still don't understand how Demetris Nichols didn't stick in the NBA. (In part, I do think he was a victim of timing - if he came a few years later when the NBA was all-in on 3-point shooting, he probably sticks.)

I once compared Jonny Flynn to Chris Paul, albeit after many drinks.

I was very very ready for the end of the Gerry McNamara experience by the end of the '06 regular season.

I still don't understand how Demetris Nichols didn't stick in the NBA. (In part, I do think he was a victim of timing - if he came a few years later when the NBA was all-in on 3-point shooting, he probably sticks.)

I once compared Jonny Flynn to Chris Paul, albeit after many drinks.

I think DNic’s athleticism was overrated by many (not saying you) on this board. Good college player and good shooter. Maybe if he found the right system he could’ve been like a James Jones with LeBron. IMO, he was a poor man’s James Jones though.

I think DNic’s athleticism was overrated by many (not saying you) on this board. Good college player and good shooter. Maybe if he found the right system he could’ve been like a James Jones with LeBron. IMO, he was a poor man’s James Jones though.

Agree he never really struck me as an NBA level athlete. I guess he could've been a stretch 4? maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom