Your Official SU-Pitt Game Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Pitt Game Thread

Giving up 35 points on the road is pretty good for SU, but we can't win with scoring only 28 in a half. We will need 40+ in the second half to have a chance in this game.

Which we have been doing. We will see if we can get some shots from deep from white and Lydon.

Giving up 35 points on the road is pretty good for SU, but we can't win with scoring only 28 in a half. We will need 40+ in the second half to have a chance in this game.

It's not very often this season our defense plays better than our offense.

Need to rebound better, and need Battle to open things up a bit. Hopefully he's not hurt. Lydon needs to have some rebounds fall into his hands and/or Roberson needs to become a rebounding demon, because we got trounced on the boards in the 1st half! LGO!!!!!

It's was like 2 or 3 years ago our offense played really bad but our defense was so good we still won. We need that kind of game today.

Or the offense can show up the second half!

Need to rebound better, and need Battle to open things up a bit. Hopefully he's not hurt. Lydon needs to have some rebounds fall into his hands and/or Roberson needs to become a rebounding demon, because we got trounced on the boards in the 1st half! LGO!!!!!

Maybe he's ill? :noidea:

I like TT's offensive game but when I watch him play defense I have a hard time reconciling that he played for Bob Hurley in HS. He must have driven Hurley nuts.

I really liked the activity of the zone as a plus... we had a lot of steals in that first half

You guys think our defense was good? Johnson was wide open whenever they wanted it and Lydon couldn't defend anything in the paint.

If ever there was game where they should try to feed White on every offensive set this is it.
I'm all for feeding White. But he started 3/3 and is 0/4 in the last 15 minutes. I just want Gillon to drive. Constantly.

You guys think our defense was good? Johnson was wide open whenever they wanted it and Lydon couldnt defend anything in the paint.
We've had trouble in the corners, but other than that our first shot defense has been good enough. It's the rebounding and those corners.

Battle needs to get in attack mode. He's nearly impossible to keep out of the Lane and he's a good finisher.

How can sliding through someone's legs NOT be a foul???? It makes no sense. Why wouldn't you just make that your whole defensive scheme? Uhhhh, slide tackle them!! It'll look like hustle, so the refs won't call it!!!

You guys think our defense was good? Johnson was wide open whenever they wanted it and Lydon couldn't defend anything in the paint.

We struggled with Johnson but a couple of his 3s were in transition. We have forced a lot of turnovers so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom