Your Song of the Day | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your Song of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going smoothly so far!
It's a good thread, Nate. I like being exposed to artists I might not otherwise listen to, and like any context provided.

Song of the Day:

Context: I just listen to really good music. :) j/k
That had a Zombies/Kinks vibe to it. Made sense after I checked out who they are.

I know he's gotten big lately, but Tyler Childers was even better just him and a guitar. His debut EP was awesome..

Driftwood is one of my wife and I’s favorite bands. If folky, bluegrass, rock is your type of thing you may want to dive deep into these guys. Recently they added a full time drummer which had changed their sound up a bit, but they are still a phenomenal band. The owner of The Ransom Steele Tavern ( in Apalachin that I mentioned earlier in the thread) has told me that he built that bar for them. (The guitar player and fiddle player are from that area.)

Here is a photo of the Ransom Steele Tavern:

F16BDE58-7C6F-4767-A790-94FDECF1AF0B.jpeg

I managed to at least get the attention of people years ago that liked That 70's Show that Big Star did the theme song, and that that old Box Tops guy was involved. But then, Cheap Trick stepped in with their version of it, and things got confusing from there.

Fun song that I found couple weeks ago.
That video was great - all all sorts of craziness going down! Looks like fun.

Loved that fish guitar!

I almost went with another selection, 'London is the Reason,' because this one is censored (and that's annoying), but it's such a nice relaxing piano opening, so:

Song of the Day!

I just like this song, the build up to the end...just heard it randomly today, so, here we go!

Yeah this one def sticks in your head

Last edited:
Fantastic tunes when they are jamming... and they rank high on the unintentional comedy scale.
Maybe so, but this guy was the real deal as a songwriter and singer, and left behind a tremendous body of work. Bob Dylan was a fan and was known to attend his shows.

Maybe so, but this guy was the real deal as a songwriter and singer, and left behind a tremendous body of work. Bob Dylan was a fan and was known to attend his shows.
Oh, I’m not taking away from the music one bit. I’ll be watching/listening to more of them.

Just intrigued by the unique style.

Oh, I’m not taking away from the music one bit. I’ll be watching/listening to more of them.

Just intrigued by the unique style.
Unique is the right word for Willy DeVille. Lots going on there. Saw his band Mink DeVille many years ago, opening on a bill with Nick Lowe and Elvis Costello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom