Your Song of the Day | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Your Song of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driftwood is one of my wife and I’s favorite bands. If folky, bluegrass, rock is your type of thing you may want to dive deep into these guys. Recently they added a full time drummer which had changed their sound up a bit, but they are still a phenomenal band. The owner of The Ransom Steele Tavern ( in Apalachin that I mentioned earlier in the thread) has told me that he built that bar for them. (The guitar player and fiddle player are from that area.)

Here is a photo of the Ransom Steele Tavern:

View attachment 175976

Cool venue. Have you ever been to Levon Helm's studio in Woodstock? Incredible place.

Haven’t been, definitely have heard about it. Would love to go.
Go to a Ramble sometime. Great music, usually have a couple guests

Go to a Ramble sometime. Great music, usually have a couple guests
Yeah I’m gonna bring this up to my wife tonight. Maybe we can do a late spring trip for a long weekend or something. She’ll be excited.

kevin "shinyribs" russell, ex of the gourds

Every month, I post a list of my fave new songs. Yes, the link is to a liberal website (I'm a liberal, I admit it). But that shouldn't discourage you from listening to some new good tunes. Let me know what you like:

This thread is bipartisan and we're all trying to play nice. So far, so good. Even the righties are behaving!

Just for the sheer star power...
Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats, too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking I had something to protect
Good and bad, I defined these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now

:)

In honor of the Super Bowl, I'm going with what I would throw on at halftime instead of JLo, featuring my most important ingredient to a good song - cursing. Plus, the best darn song title ever! Also, a video that must have been a whole lot of fun to make:

For you, Ghost, old school punk from Ian Dury's tremendous debut album.

In honor of the Super Bowl, I'm going with what I would throw on at halftime instead of JLo, featuring my most important ingredient to a good song - cursing. Plus, the best darn song title ever! Also, a video that must have been a whole lot of fun to make:

Im a fan of RTJ, but that Killer Mike album “RAP Music” with El-P on production was the best music those two ever did together IMO. That album was just insanely good.

Charlotte Gainsbourg, “Deadly Valentine” (unintentionally propitious)

Jackie Greene. Exceptional musician. His original songs can be hit and miss. I've been going back and listening to his stuff lately.

the fabulous ginn sisters - can't take a bad girl home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors