youtube tv streamers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

youtube tv streamers

Annnnnd good bye YouTubetv
I welcome my Disney overlord now :p

And Disney owns Hulu. Convenient…
I had that same thought in the phone with them this morning.

I think YouTube is playing games with Roku trying to get people to buy Chromecast so they're all scumbags, I can't feel too sorry for Google if your slogan is don't be evil, it looks really bad when they're like errrrrr we are getting rid of that

The irony is that there is someone live streaming virtually every ESPN game broadcast on Youtube. If you got Youtube TV for sports, not sure you need it.

Going to go back to cable, should have never switched. Not paying that much less for YTTV than I did for spectrum anyway and I never missed games until this last 1.5 yrs.
I have been off cable for years now. They keep sending me this promo 44.99 x2 for cable and internet. That is cheaper than what I pay now so I was going to give them another try.

Get signed in and go to upgrade, the 44.99 isn't even close. It was twice that much after the local channel fee of $17.99 and $8.99 for each box (not even dvr)! No taxes either which probably are another $20 somehow. So all the sudden it was more than what I'm spending now.

$15 discount is fair, provably had to do that to not lose too many people.

Especially as bowl season kicks off and the NFL is coming down the stretch.

I'd love to see the numbers on both sides of this negotiation.

I’m back and forth between two places so I switched to YouTubeTV and just pay for two internet services, instead of two separate cable contracts. Definitely not going back to that if I don’t have to.

Anybody use Hulu? All I watch live is sports and the news.

I see people elsewhere mentioning ESPN+ but I don’t think they stream live? It’s just UFC and random stuff, at least I thought.

I’m back and forth between two places so I switched to YouTubeTV and just pay for two internet services, instead of two separate cable contracts. Definitely not going back to that if I don’t have to.

I see people elsewhere mentioning ESPN+ but I don’t think they stream live? It’s just UFC and random stuff, at least I thought.

ESPN+ live streams a ton of games. Football and basketball as well as other sports. Today they are live streaming 33 NCAA basketball games.

ESPN+ live streams a ton of games. Football and basketball as well as other sports. Today they are live streaming 33 NCAA basketball games.

Specifically, do they stream Monday Night Football? Or Bowl Games and the ESPN/ESPN2 carried CBB games?

In my quick research, the answer seemed to be no.

Specifically, do they stream Monday Night Football? Or Bowl Games and the ESPN/ESPN2 carried CBB games?

In my quick research, the answer seemed to be no.

Yes on MNF. Yes on some, but not all, bowl games. Yes on most but not all ESPN/ESPN2 CBB games.

I have HULU and never watch it. I only keep it b/c it’s basically free bundled with Disney + and ESPN. It’d actually cost me more to drop it.

I have HULU and never watch it. I only keep it b/c it’s basically free bundled with Disney + and ESPN. It’d actually cost me more to drop it.

Watch Letterkenny. You'll love it.

Only problem with the Hulu bundle is that you can't buy your way out of the ads. At least I haven't figured out how.

Here's the interesting part...

I have YYTV and also pay for espn+ $5.99/mo.

I watch a fair amount of soccer and have a tried and true way to get the Cuse games usually blocked and unavailable on RSN/Bally by using plus through vpn.

You are supposed to have a valid espn sub thru your tv provider as a requisite to get espn+ for $5.99/mo. That was YTTV for me, so technically, I no longer have that. But I can still watch the espn+ content in their app today, however, but I can't watch sportscenter replay or other main channel content (they give me the 'validate your tv provider code' screen when I try that.)...So, guessing they are just allowing espn+ subscribers with YYTV to access the plus content for now or they will cut them off when their monthly sub for espn+ is up for renewal.

Last edited:
As far as I know, you need a cable provider/streaming subscription to access ESPN+ though, right?

As far as I know, you need a cable provider/streaming subscription to access ESPN+ though, right?

I think so? The only reason I’m not 100% sure is because I’ve had ESPN insider for years and I think maybe ESPN+ access is included?

I used to use it for Seinfeld reruns.

Was about to get rid of it, but now they’ve got….Miami Vice! Still in.

I've been a happy YTTV customer for the past three years. That ended today. Now back to the drawing board. If HULU is my best option now, god help me.

I've been a happy YTTV customer for the past three years. That ended today. Now back to the drawing board. If HULU is my best option now, god help me.
I’m leaning towards AT&T/DirectTv Streaming as the best option. Also the priciest though.

Tough to blame Google even though id love to. I'm sticking with YTTV and boycotting espn.
Once college hoops season is over, I may do the same. I don’t really “need” ESPN from April-August.

Tough to blame Google even though id love to. I'm sticking with YTTV and boycotting espn.
Why is it tough to blame Google? They went through this crap with Roku a few months ago as well.

Not for ESPN+. That is a separate subscription. For ESPN3 and to watch most ESPN/2/ABC games you have to have a cable or streaming login.

My Hulu subscription includes espn, espn2, espnu, espn college extra, FS1, FS2, golf channel, espn plus and Disney plus and it’s 74.99. I don’t know how you beat that. Never miss anything unless it’s rsn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom