YouTubeTV dropping Fox RSNs | Syracusefan.com

YouTubeTV dropping Fox RSNs

Story dropped tonight.

That means RSN games just got harder to get. Can anyone confirm if these games have also been on WatchESPN?

If not, I’ll be looking at a different provider before the Duke game.

Story dropped tonight.

That means RSN games just got harder to get. Can anyone confirm if these games have also been on WatchESPN?

I watched the GT game through the ESPN app, while signed in through my YoutubeTV account. Hopefully that will still work.

I couldn’t find the GT game in the YoutubeTV app, i’m in Rochester.

Story dropped tonight.

Is it effective immediately? I watched the GT game on watchespn signed into my YouTubetv

Story dropped tonight.

Last week's game was available on both the WatchESPN app and the FoxSportsGo app.

Saturday's FSU vs Jacksonville St RSN game is also available on both WatchESPN/ESPN3 and FSG.

I know that WatchESPN is always subject to "in-market" blackout restrictions (meaning that if your area gets one of the Fox Regional Channels, you have to watch or stream through Fox).

Hope this helps.

Yikes!

We just moved to YouTubeTV about 4 months ago.
Comcast doesn’t carry ACCN, so that’s not an option. Perhaps we may move back to DirecTV now that our neighbor has taken down the tree that interferes with our signal.

The Duke game will be on our RSN as well as the local MLS team. Not to mention the local MLB team. They’ll have to renegotiate soon or most sports fans will move in...

You can pause the Hulu Free trial at any time and reactivate at any time. Then sign in through the applicable app on game day.

after Saturday I went to cancel the free trial and saw the pause option. So basically I’ve got 4 more days to start and stop whenever I need to - should get me through the season.

This post has a really good comprehensive list of cable tv alternative options. He updates it often. I bet he updates YoutubeTV listing today.

I'm leaning to switching to Hulu TV or the Sling family. In the middle of a house move so I'll wait a week or two.

We switched to Hulu (after being a DirecTv customer for 20 years) They have the ACCN and the Fox Regional Channels we needed.

The only downside to Hulu is they don’t have NFL or MLB networks...

I also pay the $4.99 a month or whatever it is for the ESPN Insider which also gives you access to any and all games they offer

I’m going back to Sling as well this week
Nice. If you go back, I have been having great success (borat) with AirTV. You hook it up to an antenna and your ethernet. It gives you all the local channels through the sling interface. It's been awesome. You can even hook up a large hard drive to it and record local channels.

We switched to Hulu (after being a DirecTv customer for 20 years) They have the ACCN and the Fox Regional Channels we needed.

The only downside to Hulu is they don’t have NFL or MLB networks...

I also pay the $4.99 a month or whatever it is for the ESPN Insider which also gives you access to any and all games they offer
Which is perfect for me as I don't watch pro sports lately

If you like the NFL YoutubeTV is a great value still.

The RSNs might still make a reapearance on YoutubeTV in the next few months. The ability to switch among these providers is fairly painless unlike cable.

When I was pricing streaming services it seemed like it wouldn't be any cheaper than what I have now for cable, considering the variety of programming my family watches. They're cheaper, if you focus on one thing and find the service that covers that.

Nice. If you go back, I have been having great success (borat) with AirTV. You hook it up to an antenna and your ethernet. It gives you all the local channels through the sling interface. It's been awesome. You can even hook up a large hard drive to it and record local channels.
That sounds like a great set-up, thanks!

Any other folks with YouTube TV dealing with streaming quality issues? Specifically on all the sports channels and TBS/TNT? I saw on Reddit that this is a known issue that’s been occurring in some markets for several weeks now. I’m definitely noticing it here in Syracuse. The picture quality is not in HD, but when I switch to other channels, there’s no problem. YTTV still hasn’t come out with a fix or acknowledged it, but people are getting more vocal about it.

When I was pricing streaming services it seemed like it wouldn't be any cheaper than what I have now for cable, considering the variety of programming my family watches. They're cheaper, if you focus on one thing and find the service that covers that.
Yes so true. I’m always switching streaming service’s trying to get the best deal haha. YouTubetv was perfect for me until they bumped it up to $65 a month which probably isn’t that far off from cable

Yes so true. I’m always switching streaming service’s trying to get the best deal haha. YouTubetv was perfect for me until they bumped it up to $65 a month which probably isn’t that far off from cable
My $250 monthly Spectrum bill disagrees... crooks.

It all depends on your viewing habits. With Cable I was paying for a ton of crap I never watched. My Internet/Streaming Bill is about $155 a month (including taxes). That includes Amazon Prime. Probably going to add ESPN+ for the next 4-5 months then cancel too.

BTW, Internet is a stand alone rip off. They charge too much. (Both Spectrum and Xfinity).

Last edited:
Seems like You Tube TV had become a player and is now losing their way. For what I wanted I didn't see much savings when compared to FIOS.
YouTubeTV has the best interface/guide/functionality that I've tried. DVR is awesome, can rewind any channel including locals. Great on demand library, and when i first started with them they had the best sports.

You are right though, why would I go with that if it is more expensive than traditional offerings. That was the whole idea of "cutting the cord".

GLAD I am grand-fathered in on my plan that is $130 a month; when ACCN first came out it was not included in my plan, and I was told I would have to change to a plan that was $35-40 more per month to add it. Decided it wasn't worth it; somewhere along the line it was added so I am still paying $130 and have ACCN included.

It’s $250 now? Went I cut the cord it was around $100 but that was years ago...
My Spectrum Internet is now $80 and I’m not exactly sure when it went up from $30. It’s like ok I guess I’m paying $80 for Internet now. But with that and streaming services I’m still around $150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom