YouTubeTV dropping Fox RSNs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

YouTubeTV dropping Fox RSNs

It’s $250 now? Went I cut the cord it was around $100 but that was years ago...
My Spectrum Internet is now $80 and I’m not exactly sure when it went up from $30. It’s like ok I guess I’m paying $80 for Internet now. But with that and streaming services I’m still around $150

Depends on where you live and if there is a competition I think. I have Spectrum but my apartment complex advertises U-Verse to all new residents. Since there is competition, my total phone and internet is $162 which is better than my parents who are 2 miles away from me.

I’ve just done all of this and I’m not sure what’s better. I resisted leaving cable because I didn’t want to miss any games, I could always find a game or link with internet if it was being broadcast.

So I just moved 4 weeks ago and decided to drop spectrum cable and ultimately decided on YTTV. Game #3 and I already missed a game.

I’ve just done all of this and I’m not sure what’s better. I resisted leaving cable because I didn’t want to miss any games, I could always find a game or link with internet if it was being broadcast.

So I just moved 4 weeks ago and decided to drop spectrum cable and ultimately decided on YTTV. Game #3 and I already missed a game.
You could have just picked it up on espn+, no?

I'm 45$ a month for fiber. Netflix/prime and OTA. Just for college football season, streaming options. ACCN isn't offered in my area AFAIK(Boston), because no one cares about college sports. I'd be streaming whether I had cable or not.

It all depends on your viewing habits. With Cable I was paying for a ton of crap I never watched. My Internet/Streaming Bill is about $155 a month (including taxes). That includes Amazon Prime. Probably going to add ESPN+ for the next 4-5 months then cancel too.

BTW, Internet is a stand alone rip off. They charge too much. (Both Spectrum and Xfinity).
Exactly. I have a wife and young kids, so we watch a huge variety of things. When I was a single guy I could've saved a bunch if streaming was a thing then.

At this point in like, if I were to use a streaming service to save money, it would probably be the sports stuff that would end up getting cut.

Have ESPN + so as long as they don't keep blacking out Cuse games in the middle of PA we should be fine...

Any other folks with YouTube TV dealing with streaming quality issues? Specifically on all the sports channels and TBS/TNT? I saw on Reddit that this is a known issue that’s been occurring in some markets for several weeks now. I’m definitely noticing it here in Syracuse. The picture quality is not in HD, but when I switch to other channels, there’s no problem. YTTV still hasn’t come out with a fix or acknowledged it, but people are getting more vocal about it.
Yeah, I've had that happen watching TNT on YouTubeTV. It's weird. Sometimes I go to change the screen resolution and 1080p is an option and it's just an easy fix. Other times it doesn't give a better option.

if i wasnt on a great promo thru july i believe with spectrum from when i moved id be a youtube tv, hulu live and/ or streaming spectrum package of 10 channels(nfl network for 24.99 ) my bill is currently ~$140 for 100mb internet and silver tv w/ hbo max included and i just added sports pack for redzone for $5 during football season.

You should be able to download the ESPN+ app on your ROKU/etc and sign in through your YouTubetv account to watch the game. That’s what I did in NYC. Worst case do the same thing but on your phone

Any other folks with YouTube TV dealing with streaming quality issues? Specifically on all the sports channels and TBS/TNT? I saw on Reddit that this is a known issue that’s been occurring in some markets for several weeks now. I’m definitely noticing it here in Syracuse. The picture quality is not in HD, but when I switch to other channels, there’s no problem. YTTV still hasn’t come out with a fix or acknowledged it, but people are getting more vocal about it.

I dropped it 4-5 months ago when there was absolutely nothing I cared about on TV, but I never had picture quality issues with it when I had it. Picture was always great.

Sounds like I got out at the right time. From what I hear: picture issues, lost some key channels, and raised prices.

Ive currently got Hulu Live. Been happy with it.

Yeah, I've had that happen watching TNT on YouTubeTV. It's weird. Sometimes I go to change the screen resolution and 1080p is an option and it's just an easy fix. Other times it doesn't give a better option.
I dropped it 4-5 months ago when there was absolutely nothing I cared about on TV, but I never had picture quality issues with it when I had it. Picture was always great.

Sounds like I got out at the right time. From what I hear: picture issues, lost some key channels, and raised prices.

Ive currently got Hulu Live. Been happy with it.
I’ve been really happy with YTTV since I’ve had it. Cut the cord 3 years ago and started with PlayStation Vue, then moved on to AT&T TV (formerly DirecTV Now), then to YTTV last fall. YTTV was the best of the 3 in terms of picture quality and channel offerings - especially live sports.

But now with the streaming issues, loss of channels, and price hikes - not sure I want to stick with them. The only reason I have it is for live sports, and they can’t get that right now for some reason.

This is why I stay with Youtube TV. Even after the price hike, I now get NFL network which makes me happy and when it is $65 it is still cheaper in my opinion due to the issue of buying boxes. I have 5 tv's currently, I would require a box for every TV, so that would be an extra 15-25 dollars a month. Where as now, I just have a firestick or nvidia shield hooked up to each TV and stream youtube tv whenever I need or want to watch.

You should be able to download the ESPN+ app on your ROKU/etc and sign in through your YouTubetv account to watch the game. That’s what I did in NYC. Worst case do the same thing but on your phone

When I looked it was blacked out. Ultimately I had to do the family thing since I wasn’t positive the game would be on. I did watch the replay on ESPN+ though.

This is why I stay with Youtube TV. Even after the price hike, I now get NFL network which makes me happy and when it is $65 it is still cheaper in my opinion due to the issue of buying boxes. I have 5 tv's currently, I would require a box for every TV, so that would be an extra 15-25 dollars a month. Where as now, I just have a firestick or nvidia shield hooked up to each TV and stream youtube tv whenever I need or want to watch.
I thought spectrum and others did that same thing though you can stream it inside your house for free to those same devices?

I watched the GT game through the ESPN app, while signed in through my YoutubeTV account. Hopefully that will still work.

I couldn’t find the GT game in the YoutubeTV app, i’m in Rochester.

I found the GT game on the fox sports go ap through a hulu trial membership. Something suggested on this board and ty. Feed was quality and again TY whomever it was that suggested it:)

YouTube is one of the most solid vehicles going today. Sports and I get most of my music via YouTube too.

I thought spectrum and others did that same thing though you can stream it inside your house for free to those same devices?
they did no boxes required if you have internet thru them

Looks like Ultra is the way to go if you have a nice TV and watch a lot of movies.
If you get an Ultra, buy some rechargeable batteries. The remote goes through batteries at a high rate.

Yikes!

We just moved to YouTubeTV about 4 months ago.
Comcast doesn’t carry ACCN, so that’s not an option. Perhaps we may move back to DirecTV now that our neighbor has taken down the tree that interferes with our signal.

The Duke game will be on our RSN as well as the local MLS team. Not to mention the local MLB team. They’ll have to renegotiate soon or most sports fans will move in...

Give Hulu a try. I dont like the set up of it but it has all the channels i need. YES Network, ACC Network, you name it. Only one that i lack is nfl network but i just log into parents direct tv if i have to see something on that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom