You've Got $15, Make Your Own Syracuse Basketball Starting Lineup | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

You've Got $15, Make Your Own Syracuse Basketball Starting Lineup

MCW 2
Shumpert 2
Carmelo 5
Coleman 5
Hill 1

Not picking Melo and Coleman is craziness, and I think center is where you get the most value...IMO.
IMO Melo, DC and Bing are the elite 3 and as long as you grab 2 of them any other combo will look just fine. Bing did average 25 pts and 10 reb per game for 3 years as a 2G.

Who are we playing?

I think knowing this makes all the difference in the world when selecting a lineup.

Are we "playing" other schools with $15 lineups or gong straight to the NBA where the center position is more of a premium???

*I'm going to be that guy...*

Gerry over MCW is laughable. Love Gerry but in terms of bball talent, not really close.

MCW-- elite length, defense, and passing skills
Waiters-- superior athlete who can score at will
Carmelo-- the guy who led us to our only championship, self explanatory
Coleman-- elite low post scoring and rebounding
Thomas-- interior shot-blocking and offensive rebounding

Who are we playing?

I think knowing this makes all the difference in the world when selecting a lineup.

Are we "playing" other schools with $15 lineups or gong straight to the NBA where the center position is more of a premium???

I know if we were playing Rutgers, we might as well have me as point guard and 4 other board members round out the starting five.

GoHamSU said:
*I'm going to be that guy...* Gerry over MCW is laughable. Love Gerry but in terms of bball talent, not really close. MCW-- elite length, defense, and passing skills Waiters-- superior athlete who can score at will Carmelo-- the guy who led us to our only championship, self explanatory Coleman-- elite low post scoring and rebounding Thomas-- interior shot-blocking and offensive rebounding

Great minds think alike.

IMO Melo, DC and Bing are the elite 3 and as long as you grab 2 of them any other combo will look just fine. Bing did average 25 pts and 10 reb per game for 3 years as a 2G.

Your probably right. ...but Bing was wayyyty before my time.

PG=Sherman Douglas ($4)

Cannot leave the General off the team when going into battle. He's a winner and a fierce competitor who makes good decisions.

SG=Dion Waters ($1)

Great value here. It just pains me to leave off Bing and Moten, but you can't have it all.

SF=Carmelo Anthony ($5)

You cannot leave the man who helped deliver the NC off the list.

PF=Hakeem Warrick ($3)

Again this is a value pick. Would love to have DC here.

C=Etan Thomas ($2)

What else do you want in a center? 14th all time leading rebounder and #1 all time shot blocker in school history.

How much would they pay you to take Josh Wright or Deshaun Williams?

*I'm going to be that guy...*

Gerry over MCW is laughable. Love Gerry but in terms of bball talent, not really close.

MCW-- elite length, defense, and passing skills
Waiters-- superior athlete who can score at will
Carmelo-- the guy who led us to our only championship, self explanatory
Coleman-- elite low post scoring and rebounding
Thomas-- interior shot-blocking and offensive rebounding
Same exact lineup I have. Defense, iso scorers, rebounding, beasts.

I know I already posted my lineup, but I didn't have time to elaborate this morning.

To me there are two obvious picks; Dave Bing and Carmelo Anthony. One is a hall of famer and the other will be. Each of them has led the NBA in scoring. Orr's rebounding skills make up for Hill's. Both are good on offense but are rather short at 6'8. MCW has shown to be a great rebounder for a guard, with only Lance Stephenson pulling down more boards on average this past season. He's also an excellent defender; finished top 5 in steals and 1 in blocks for NBA guards. I think this is the best starting lineup you can get with the $15.

I agree with docsu saying center is where the most value is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom