Zach Allen - ESPN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen - ESPN

If Loeb is the answer, why doesn't he get more snaps in meaningful games? Maybe he will be a more than adequate replacement for Nassib next year and we'll be asking "why didn't he get any time last year?" I hope that is the case. Don't see true freshman starting at QB and hopefully a good replacement is already on campus.

If Loeb is the answer, why doesn't he get more snaps in meaningful games? Maybe he will be a more than adequate replacement for Nassib next year and we'll be asking "why didn't he get any time last year?" I hope that is the case. Don't see true freshman starting at QB and hopefully a good replacement is already on campus.
Why doesn't he get more snaps in meaningful games?

Uh because we need our best QB on the field. Teams with a potential NFL draft pick playing QB don't take him off the field. We aren't UConn.

Why doesn't he get more snaps in meaningful games?

Uh because we need our best QB on the field. Teams with a potential NFL draft pick playing QB don't take him off the field. We aren't UConn.
And, we have had one blow out win and Loeb saw the field. I would suspect that Marrone would love to get Loeb on the field more, but he won't do it without the game being well in hand.

Another huge game for Zach

http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/scho...cle_552d7d08-1a86-11e2-a58b-0019bb30f31a.html

Sounds like he had nearly 200yds on the ground, a 66yd TD run, TD passes of 35yds, 45yds, 5yds and a 31yd game winning TD with 16 seconds left.

Thought you would like to see up to date season stats on Zach.

Also, keep in mind the Temple Program record during Zachs two years as well as the school itself. Need to keep in touch with this kid Chad President too!

2012- 5-2 so far (4-1 in the division)
2011- 6-5 (Zach took over at QB after game 3 I think it was)
2010- 4-6
2009- 2-8
2008- 0-10

In first 7 games... Zach's Stats
Passing 109/176 (.62% comp rate) for 1,741 yards (9.9 yds per/completion and a remarkable 15,97 yds per/catch)
17 TD's, 2 INT's
Rushing 92/526 yds (5.72 yds/pc) 8 TD's, 1 Fumble lost

Not too shaby. Here is a link on Temples Division stats.

http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/standings_and_stats/football/district_statistics/2012/8-5a/

Thought you would like to see up to date season stats on Zach.

Also, keep in mind the Temple Program record during Zachs two years as well as the school itself. Need to keep in touch with this kid Chad President too!

2012- 5-2 so far (4-1 in the division)
2011- 6-5 (Zach took over at QB after game 3 I think it was)
2010- 4-6
2009- 2-8
2008- 0-10

In first 7 games... Zach's Stats
Passing 109/176 (.62% comp rate) for 1,741 yards (9.9 yds per/completion and a remarkable 15,97 yds per/catch)
17 TD's, 2 INT's
Rushing 92/526 yds (5.72 yds/pc) 8 TD's, 1 Fumble lost

Not too shaby. Here is a link on Temples Division stats.

http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/standings_and_stats/football/district_statistics/2012/8-5a/
This doesn't include last weeks game, as an FYI, and correction on division recored is they are 3-1.

This doesn't include last weeks game, as an FYI, and correction on division recored is they are 3-1.

If you haven't watched a whole game with Zach at the helm...

entertaining game. It's been years since I've seen a high school game, first time on the internet. Like Zach Allen. He has good footwork and an accurate arm. Needs to put on some pounds before he is ready for D 1 football.

entertaining game. It's been years since I've seen a high school game, first time on the internet. Like Zach Allen. He has good footwork and an accurate arm. Needs to put on some pounds before he is ready for D 1 football.

Agreed. What I liked about him is at times it seemed like things were falling apart, but he showed leadership in making things happen, something that he will need in D1 football. I like his running ability and he moves so much better than Nassib does. I also think this year he has great clock management skills and a good awareness of the game. This last week they ran the ball until there was only a half minute on the clock, and the kid calmly throws a 31 yaerd TD pass for the win. Not bad for a 17 year old kid. I have read in countless places that the kid, for whatever reason (maybe the relationship with Hackett) is a solid Orange committ with plans on enrolling this January.

I sure hope we pick things up this year and get some OL recruits and other help. We need some depth, and it shows in our special teams play. Evreyone keeps saying we are going to have a very small class, how small I am unsure, but with only 8 recruits so far and just a few months to close the class, I am hoping for a big surprise's to help DM. Optimistic that this years team will put together a great game in South Florida, and pull an upset against eithe cinci or Lousiville and beat Temple and Mizzou to be bowl elidgeable which may help recruiting. Having an open offense will help, and the "D' is playing some much better football of late. (I am a little confused with the small class as we only ended up with a class of 20 last year when all was said and done, must be related to some transfers coming in I am not acounting for)

Zach has better pocket presence than many current D1 QBs. Very impressive.

Zach has better pocket presence than many current D1 QBs. Very impressive.
You can get caught up in watching highlights. Nice to see how Zach performed against a quality opponent.

Which shoulder?

Doesn't say, but I'm guessing his throwing arm...also says he should be fine with rest, but it looks like he's on the shelf for a few weeks...

We shoul dbe very solid ay WR. Kobena, Fleming, Foster, Funderburke, West, the two True Frosh, TE's look solid. To me the bigger question is Oline with Hickey and Pugh leaving.

We shoul dbe very solid ay WR. Kobena, Fleming, Foster, Funderburke, West, the two True Frosh, TE's look solid. To me the bigger question is Oline with Hickey and Pugh leaving.
Why would Hickey Leave? Pugh is not a guarantee either

I'd be really surprised if Hickey left after one year of play. He probably isn't big enough to be an NFL tackle.

Hickey's not going anywhere.

Funny because it's quite the contrary. They've seen in practice that Loeb's the most poised and accurate out of the other options. Broyld is having trouble grasping the playbook at RB? Really. That's news to the staff.

Allen won't start next year unless he comes in looking like Donovan McNabb. Don't speak on subjects that you really don't know about.[/quote

FU

Thank you for your well thought out response to my comment. I'm glad that the insight I brought to the QB situation could be summed up in two letters and I look forward to reading further posts from you on the subject.

ZA will have a chance to start next year, but it will likely be Loeb or Hunt. We need a QB who is more mobile than Ryan in this system. Looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out.

Side note: If Hunt can't pull it off at QB, maybe a switch to TE could be made? Would need to pack on about 20-30 lbs, but it is just a thought. Would give us another athletic option there...

ZA will have a chance to start next year, but it will likely be Loeb or Hunt. We need a QB who is more mobile than Ryan in this system. Looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out.

Side note: If Hunt can't pull it off at QB, maybe a switch to TE could be made? Would need to pack on about 20-30 lbs, but it is just a thought. Would give us another athletic option there...
Why Hunt but not Broyld?

We need a QB who is more mobile than Ryan in this system.

This is becoming a board myth.

I'm not saying that a more mobile QB is bad or anything. Just that this is becoming one of those things people keep saying so it must be true.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is becoming a board myth.

I'm not saying that a more mobile QB is bad or anything. Just that this is becoming one of those things people keep saying so it must be true.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Certainly not a myth by any means. A mobile QB in this system would be better. If we find someone who can fit that description remains to seen until next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom