Zach Allen - ESPN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen - ESPN

I was fortunate enough to attend on of Zach Allen's games earlier this year and shake hands/offer my congratulations on a well played game afterwards (I'm the author of that TNIAAM post that was linked here in September). I am 6'0" tall and would say Zach is in the 6'2" to 6'3" range. I'd also say that 185 seems about right. He's pretty skinny, but has a very strong, wiry, athletic build.

In addition to noting that Zach's Temple team plays in 5A, the highest level in Texas, they also went out of their way to schedule hard out of conference games. They beat Austin Westlake (the game I was at), a perinnial power (alma mater of Drew Brees and, more recently, Nick Foles of the Eagles) and Southlake Carroll, the preseason #1 team in all of Texas. A quick googling shows that Southlake has 4 starters on defense that have accepted scholarship offers from FBS schools. Suffice it to say, Allen has gone up against strong high school competition. I love the fact that he'll get to Syracuse in January. I'm hopelessly biased, but in my mind the only question is whether Zach redshirts a year before taking the reigns or if he'll jump right in.
Thanks for the update. Have a friend that has been keeping me informed. Lives in Waco but still get to see alot of highlights and has heard alot of good things from Zach. Does need a little more bulk, but great prospect.

I think Manziel is a better play style comp than Klein.

I honestly think he throws as good a ball or better than Manziel. But if he can play at the level of either of those guys I'll be thrilled.

He's not the runner that Klein or Manziel are but I'd say his arm exceeds either

Hoping Zach tweets me back, I sent him one after the game asking if he watched it

Zach's teammate Darrin Countiss applied early admin to 'Cuse. They went back and forth on Twitter about it. Maybe pref walk on?

I've neither seen this kid play live nor heard him speak...but GAWD-DAMN I'm seriously starting to like this kid.
There is some game video of Zach at the top of page three in this thread. Go back and watch some of it and you'll understand why everyone likes him so much.

I've watched the highlights and seen the recruiting tape. Just never watched him play live.

God...I love this kid. :) How awesome is it knowing we have a QB prospect like him coming in as a freshman and can he can do it all already. The only thing this kid seems to lack is ideal weight.I don't know who will start next year but I see no reason why it couldn't be him. The only thing I would fear is him getting hurt and losing him for the rest of the year. Would be awesome if he could come in at a legit 200 lbs.

First off he's all in about coming to Syracuse. His mentality and ability to be a leader seem perfect. No character or classroom worries. He looks to be a heck of a competitor and aggressive but not overly so. He can make all the throws and not just get it there but has really good arm strength and puts it on the money every time to let his receivers get a bunch of YAC. He makes great quick reads and has a ton of experience running the type of offense we run. He seems to have good awareness in the pocket, is very mobile with good feet and can take off on the run if nothing is there. He has good speed and make some guys miss with quite a bit of shake. He will add a completely different dimension to the spread running game. LB's can't just focus on the RB's on the hand off or he'll hurt'em with the zone read.

Hope we have a young shifty fast back to go with the offense, George Morris and McFarlane will be really nice in those rolls but would love to get an absolute burner. We need to get some more physically fit mobile lineman to go along with this type of offense who can pass block and get to the next level in the run game. They don't need to be huge.

503e9470c3875.image.jpg

He is going to be a great fit in this Marrone offense. Let's just temper expectations though and keep in mind that he's not getting smacked around by D1 kids in the videos etc. He needs to get stronger and lets see how he adjusts to the speed of the college game this spring.

We've got some really promising young offensive players. Morris, McFarlane, Thompson, Parris, Funderburk (3 years), Augustus, Laray, etc., Still need to get another stud receiver in here.

I haven't seen offensive highlights like that since 1992 in TECHMO SUPERBOWL, I am gonna call him the white Randall Cunningham, only thing missing was the big jump high five after the touchdowns. Wow, I know it is a highlight tape but Wow!

He is going to be a great fit in this Marrone offense. Let's just temper expectations though and keep in mind that he's not getting smacked around by D1 kids in the videos etc. He needs to get stronger and lets see how he adjusts to the speed of the college game this spring.

We've got some really promising young offensive players. Morris, McFarlane, Thompson, Parris, Funderburk (3 years), Augustus, Laray, etc., Still need to get another stud receiver in here.

Hopefully Funderburk is that stud receiver and we can have somebody to really compliment him because I think Thompson over the middle is going to really keep defenses honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom