Zach Allen 'extremely excited' about up-tempo Orange offense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen 'extremely excited' about up-tempo Orange offense

Again, why people think a kid can start as a true freshman and be productive at this level seems crazy to me. Give the kid some time. Move kinder somewhere for his last two years as well. I don't see Allen coming in and being even close to beating out loen as a 5th year senior

Do people really think Allen steps in and starts from day 1?
I think he has a shot. He seems to run an offense that's very similar to what we do now. He's expected to enroll early, so he'll have spring ball plus an offseason of strength and conditioning.

That said, I think unless he absolutely blows up camp the coaches would much rather play it safe with Loeb for a year and let Allen, Wilson and Hunt have more development time before going with one of those guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wonder if we'd see a shift in the offensive gameplan if it is RGLCL. We'll have a soph. broyld, seniors smith and PTG, AAM, GMIII. Just hope the OL is really to block.

Again, why people think a kid can start as a true freshman and be productive at this level seems crazy to me. Give the kid some time. Move kinder somewhere for his last two years as well. I don't see Allen coming in and being even close to beating out loen as a 5th year senior

I have no idea and I mean, it certainly seems like a tall order to unseat such a veteran guy. But I doubt Loeb will have any appreciable experience after this season. So I would say he's the prohibitive frontrunner, but in a situation where no one has any experience and all will be around for spring practice, it's not unthinkable that there could be a young kid under center in Week 1.

I said it earlier in the year during spring ball, and got crucified, But I've heard from numerous sources that Loeb is going to have the reigns his senior camping.

I'm going with Loeb too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Consistently, the most popular guy among syracusefan.com posters is the incoming HS QB recruit.

Kinder...Hunt...Miller...

Let's hope the guys we have coming in start to pan out. If it were left up to hype on this board, we already have several top flight QB's on the roster.

I have no idea and I mean, it certainly seems like a tall order to unseat such a veteran guy. But I doubt Loeb will have any appreciable experience after this season. So I would say he's the prohibitive frontrunner, but in a situation where no one has any experience and all will be around for spring practice, it's not unthinkable that there could be a young kid under center in Week 1.

If you have a senior QB and a frosh QB both with the same ability, you start the frosh. Big IF.

If you have a senior QB and a frosh QB both with the same ability, you start the frosh. Big IF.
you have to wonder, though, do you start the senior with the schedule we have this year or if you have Rutgers' schedule, do you start the frosh?

I hope we don't place that expectation on him.

Agreed, I despise the build him up to tear him down approach. I have faith in the staffs evaluations and whoever is the best qb in 2013 will play. It takes some time for some hs players to have the college game to slow down so they can process the plays...for some it just comes easier/quicker.

Count me in on starting the 5th year senior Loeb. Let Zach get a redshirt year to better understand the offense and gain 10-15 pounds, and let him start his redshirt freshman year, if he wins the battle. Sounds like a win/win to me. I would love to see what a 5th year Zach Allen can do. With this kid's charisma and leadership, he could help pull in recruits for the next few years so that by his fifth year, the offense is opening up eyes nationally.

Count me in on starting the 5th year senior Loeb. Let Zach get a redshirt year to better understand the offense and gain 10-15 pounds, and let him start his redshirt freshman year, if he wins the battle. Sounds like a win/win to me. I would love to see what a 5th year Zach Allen can do. With this kid's charisma and leadership, he could help pull in recruits for the next few years so that by his fifth year, the offense is opening up eyes nationally.
I'm still awaiting word of his first recruit. Since his commitment on May 30th I haven't seen one Texas kid pop up on the 2013 wish list.

Let's go Zach.;)

Next springs game should be quite interesting and I'm sure a lot of us will have some fun evaluations on that small sample study!

Do you all think Loeb will be better than Philcox or Mason when they finally got their shot after waiting?

This may already be happening. I noticed he was in on the punt return team against SB. Didn't appear to be throwing too many devastating blocks, but then again who is?

Allen will Redshirt, even though he arrives in the spring. He will have 4 years to prove himself.
2013 Offensive lineup:
QB: Loeb (Hunt plays in some situations)
RB: Smith, Gulley, Boryld, Mooore, Morris. The stable is incredibly deep. That is why I believe McFarlene has to go back to FS.
WR: Funderbunk, West, Kobena, Flemming, Hale, Cornelius.
TE: Wales, Thomson, Parris.
LT: Pugh (I really hope)
LG; Trudo
C: Macpherson
RG: Foy
RT:Hickey

Very deep and very athletic. Not much game experience, but I like the potential.

Allen will Redshirt, even though he arrives in the spring. He will have 4 years to prove himself.
2013 Offensive lineup:
RB: Smith, Gulley, Boryld, Mooore, Morris. The stable is incredibly deep. That is why I believe McFarlene has to go back to FS.
LG; Trudo

Very deep and very athletic. Not much game experience, but I like the potential.
WR Kyle Foster

What happens to Hunt if it becomes clear he won't see the field at QB? Wasn't it said he was a very too safety in high school as well? Could he grow into an OLB?

He certaintly isn't Percy Harvin or Reggie Bush, which was the comparison. I doubt he's faster than Smith. Watch the replays on Smiths off tackle runs and let me know if he's faster.

I meant more the hybrid RB / WR position, rather than his speed.

I think he's talking about RB Laray Smith from Brooklyn who is undecided right now.

gotcha, makes more sense.

but why do people think true freshmen who are decent recruits are going to come in and be playmakers from day 1?

nothing against smith but its not like he is a knockout top 10 recruit in the country.

2013 Offensive lineup:
LG; Trudo

outside of QB, looks like a lot of game experience to me.

and the defense should be good too:

DE: MPB, robinson, sharpe, raymon, manley (that looks solid to me - maybe move manley or raymon inside if need be)
DT: goggins (right?) bromly, jones
LB: davis, lynch, spruill, vilgille and coker (should be a strength)
CB: lyn, reddish, morgan (should be a strength)
S: desir, wilkes, eskridge (probably our weakest unit)

Did Sharpe redshirt? If not he's done this year.

yup, i think you are right. I could replace him with Donnie Simmons who it looks like I left off.

yup, i think you are right. I could replace him with Donnie Simmons who it looks like I left off.

I can't keep all the redshirt guys right to save my life and I was happy to think I may have got this one right!

outside of QB, looks like a lot of game experience to me.

and the defense should be good too:

DE: MPB, robinson, sharpe, raymon, manley (that looks solid to me - maybe move manley or raymon inside if need be)
DT: goggins (right?) bromly, jones
LB: davis, lynch, spruill, vilgille and coker (should be a strength)
CB: lyn, reddish, morgan (should be a strength)
S: desir, wilkes, eskridge (probably our weakest unit)

No Sharpe or Goggins (both graduate). Raymon will play inside foresure. Do not forget about Walls and Wayne Willams. Both are physical beasts. The defense will be good. Lynch-Spruill-Davis will be a nasty LB corp. Corners all come back with more experience. Not very deep at Safety. Another reason why we need Macfarlene there.