Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“My family and I would like thank Coach Babers for this tremendous opportunity,” Arnett said in a statement. “He’s someone I have the utmost respect for and his philosophy of developing the whole student-athlete – not just the football player – is one I believe in strongly. Syracuse is an outstanding place with a great football tradition. I’m excited to be part of it. I can’t wait to get to Central New York and get started.”

Unless more money is involved that is...

It's slimy and unprofessional, but that's the nature of college athletics. Doesn't even warrant a blacklisting because it's so common. I would hope that Syracuse had him on paperwork so that they're compensated for their inconvenience.

no way is it a better job, it’s only more money. Miss state will get curb stomped as per usual

Think they had about double the wins as us last decade so uhhh...

If they're paying him considerably more money I find it hard to blame him
1579723855672.png

This is a huge failure on the part of the football program and the AD, imo. I have no qualms with Arnett looking out for himself.

I'm sure we'll land a new DC we can all convince ourselves we're happy with, but we don't have the resources to make these kinds of missteps.

I bet he signed the contract, MSU paid the get out fee and hired him. Probably bumped his pay by 50-60% and paypaled Cuse the money 5 minutes later. Texan Mark waits on coney money longer than it took MSU to get that done.

I could care less as I don't know much about the new/ old DC and whether he would have been a good hire or just another turd, nor does anyone here really. Just move onto the next hire.. It happens. Hell we were hoping to do the same thing to UTSA coach but that's different I guess.

This is a huge failure on the part of the football program and the AD, imo. I have no qualms with Arnett looking out for himself.

I'm sure we'll land a new DC we can all convince ourselves we're happy with, but we don't have the resources to make these kinds of missteps.

Can only control what you can control. Arnett shouldn't have taken the offer if he still had feelers out there on other jobs.

if its the article oburg linked i'm not sure "genes page" is something that would absolutely know he didn't.

what if that Gene is the ghost of Mean Gene Okerlund of WWE fame? that would make it legit, right?

If true, this guy sounds like the total opposite of his mentor. I'm guessing Rocky is very embarrassed by this. If I'm Dino, I call Rocky and say I followed your recommendation and your guy made us look really bad. Get your butt up here and coach our Defense.

Last edited:
what if that Gene is the ghost of Mean Gene Okerlund of WWE fame? that would make it legit, right?

lol. don't watch the wwe.

Can only control what you can control. Arnett shouldn't have taken the offer if he still had feelers out there on other jobs.

Leach wasn't there at that point.

So Dino flew down to Annapolis on Monday to beg Norwood to take the job and he passed after Navy bumped his pay?

I’m happy we were trying to get Norwood and not Newberry. That makes me a little happy right now.

As others have noted this is so Syracuse that I'm not even surprised at this point. 3rd time the last decade or so something like this has happened. Not to be that guy but the program and Babers needs to get its stuff together. From the inability to get a QB recruit to this debacle is not exactly the press we need with BC and Rutty trying to break in new coaches and recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom