Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably because JB didn't allow the transition to Hop to take place on schedule and now we don't have enough butts in the seats at the dome so the athletic budget is light about $250k for the raise he just got in Starkville, am I right?

Can only control what you can control. Arnett shouldn't have taken the offer if he still had feelers out there on other jobs.

That's not acceptable at this level. I don't blame Arnett one bit. SU's job is to lock him up. SU failed at doing that. We are in January with no DC, a mediocre recruiting class at best and continued uncertainty.

Dino is going into his fifth year and Wildhack has been here long enough - we can't have this happen at this point.

We won five games last year. Five. We have to do better.

I feel like we are the nerdy kid who gets picked last in gym class.

“My family and I would like thank Coach Babers for this tremendous opportunity,” Arnett said in a statement. “He’s someone I have the utmost respect for and his philosophy of developing the whole student-athlete – not just the football player – is one I believe in strongly. Syracuse is an outstanding place with a great football tradition. I’m excited to be part of it. I can’t wait to get to Central New York and get started.”

“But money and weak ethics are a SEC thang. I’m out.”

I have a "late" work conference call where I have to train some people
I'm clearly going to be paying zero attention to the that
Refresh, refresh, refresh lol
K is gonna have to drive herself home from school. I’d have her read the posts out loud to me but...

Wow...just did my midafternoon jump in during break and cannot believe what I am reading here. I sure as hell would hope we don't quick hire someone on the rebound. Take a step back and reevaluate the field here for a moment. Take a breath Dino...still plenty of time at this point.

I'm not sure why anyone could play Dino or Wildhack for this.
Just bizarre, 'if' they got him signed and I'm sure it wasn't for peanuts.
This speaks volumes to Arentt's character imo.
Well looks like Dino needs to hit another home run...
(If they didn't get him signed...well...that's bad and stuff).

there must be some good defensive mind who took some lame adviser job at a big school and can be enticed. I am too lazy to research this, but someone else can.

I'm not sure why anyone could play Dino or Wildhack for this.
Just bizarre, 'if' they got him signed and I'm sure it wasn't for peanuts.
This speaks volumes to Arentt's character imo.
Well looks like Dino needs to hit another home run...
(If they didn't get him signed...well...that's bad and stuff).
I’ll take a triple at this point

This is a huge failure on the part of the football program and the AD, imo. I have no qualms with Arnett looking out for himself.

I'm sure we'll land a new DC we can all convince ourselves we're happy with, but we don't have the resources to make these kinds of missteps.

Yeah, I’d say no. If you commit to a HC, talk about how much respect you have for him and our program - it’s at least partly on you.

Maybe we got outbid? But that doesn’t mean it’s a “huge failure” - it means we don’t pay what they do. If we announced it before a contract was signed? That’s the failure part.

That's not acceptable at this level. I don't blame Arnett one bit. SU's job is to lock him up. SU failed at doing that. We are in January with no DC, a mediocre recruiting class at best and continued uncertainty.

Dino is going into his fifth year and Wildhack has been here long enough - we can't have this happen at this point.

We won five games last year. Five. We have to do better.

How do you know that they didn't lock him up? This level of unprofessionalism in coaching isn't met with the same energy it is at the front office and support staff level nor is it equitable to what happens in other industries. For Arnett's sake, he needs to succeed at State because this isn't good for his reputation. Syracuse clearly wasn't his first choice and that's fine, but don't accept it. He forces the institution to scramble right before NSD and pivot their finite resources towards his replacement. It also reflects poorly on Rocky Long who Dino sought out and confided in when he made this hire.

I was told the report on SU not signing a contract is bogus. They are getting buyout money.

I am sure it is and most likely the dude paused but when the money was brought into it, What are you suppose to do? One bad year and he's out on his can. You take the $. Loyalty is a two way street and there is none in the coaching profession or at least it is very very rare.

Sucks for Syracuse but they had a deal in place but it didn't pan out

Bob Shoop would be a tremendous hire. He has had tremendous success as a DC. Ironically enough, he was MSU's DC last year and recently signed up to be Safeties coach at Michigan. Would think he'd prefer to be a DC.

Bob Shoop would be a tremendous hire. He has had tremendous success as a DC. Ironically enough, he was MSU's DC last year and recently signed up to be Safeties coach at Michigan. Would think he'd prefer to be a DC.

if we could get Shoop, that would erase this bad memory fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors