Zags Forum.. | Syracusefan.com

Zags Forum..

suinaustin

Walk On
Just like most fans, us included, saying they got hosed by the refs all game. Seriously? The refs let them play for the most part. Fouls were 14-12 Zags. How about the 2 quick touch fouls on DC early in the 2nd half. No mention how they got a huge assist by the half court ref making a baseline call to give them a chance. It was a tough game. Both teams played hard and had runs. Glad ours was at the end when it counted the most. Go Cuse.

Some of you really pissed them off lol. I tried to be nice, but they apparently hate all easterners now, especially ones from Syracuse. Our entire fanbase is made up on arrogant pr*cks supposedly.

edit: 'pissed' doesn't get censored but p-r-i-c-k does? that's odd. I wouldn't rank one above the other in offensiveness.

They have two great players with minor help, for them its a frusterating, we understand...:)

Their perimeter players were completely outplayed by SU's. And they had what, 18 turnovers? I don't think they scored a single hoop the other way, on fast breaks off turnovers.

Some of you really pissed them off lol. I tried to be nice, but they apparently hate all easterners now, especially ones from Syracuse. Our entire fanbase is made up on arrogant pr*cks supposedly.

edit: 'pissed' doesn't get censored but p-r-i-c-k does? that's odd. I wouldn't rank one above the other in offensiveness.

They were saying that all week long

Sabonis is a baby who loves to pound the floor when things don't go his way...wouldn't last 15 seconds in a street fight

FWIW I met some real nice Zags fans at the game last night. One old guy chatted with us for a while after the game. His perspective of the game was almost exactly the same as mine.

The angry fans were the Iowa State fans. The calls were going UVA's way, not that it would have mattered, and the ISU fans were all riled up. I lived in Iowa for three years and had never seen an angry Iowan before.

FWIW I met some real nice Zags fans at the game last night. One old guy chatted with us for a while after the game. His perspective of the game was almost exactly the same as mine.

The angry fans were the Iowa State fans. The calls were going UVA's way, not that it would have mattered, and the ISU fans were all riled up. I lived in Iowa for three years and had never seen an angry Iowan before.

If I was an ISU fan I would be riled up too - I don't know that it would have changed the outcome, but they got killed by the officiating.

We'd be saying the same things. The refs let both teams play, for the most part, but we were more aggressive which gave us an advantage. Kind of like dozens of Georgetown games where a touch-foul league turned into "anything goes", just for them. This wasn't quite that bad but they let a lot more go than usual.

BTW, I haven't seen this posted but the MTSU coach said (or at least implied) the same thing about there game with us when he was interviewed on ESPN radio.

I was very happy when they didn't call a foul on Tyler's block.

What about the 10 second call? The ball appear to cross the line in time, right before Cooney swatted it back. What's the rule on that? Does the ball have to cross, or does it need to be possessed by a player over the line?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom