Zags Forum.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zags Forum..

I was very happy when they didn't call a foul on Tyler's block.

What about the 10 second call? The ball appear to cross the line in time, right before Cooney swatted it back. What's the rule on that? Does the ball have to cross, or does it need to be possessed by a player over the line?
It has to do more than just cross.

A CBB message board following an NCAA tourney loss is probably the least rational place on Earth.

Although I have to say - they were light on rationality long before the game tipped. I took a browse through their game prediction thread and 90% of them had the Zags scoring 70+ points on us, and at least half has US scoring 70+ as well. We went through the numbers yesterday - predicting your team will score 70, 80, 85 points in a tourney game against the Cuse is just willful ignorance of the facts.

Reasonable reactions by the Zags fans. The officials always suck when you lose.

Funniest comment in the thread was the guy talking about how "big and fast" Syracuse was. I read that and looked behind me like "who? Us?".

Probably one our smallest and least athletic teams to ever advance in the tournament.

Some of you really pissed them off lol. I tried to be nice, but they apparently hate all easterners now, especially ones from Syracuse. Our entire fanbase is made up on arrogant pr*cks supposedly.

I don't understand. What is their point?

We'd be saying the same things. The refs let both teams play, for the most part, but we were more aggressive which gave us an advantage. Kind of like dozens of Georgetown games where a touch-foul league turned into "anything goes", just for them. This wasn't quite that bad but they let a lot more go than usual.

BTW, I haven't seen this posted but the MTSU coach said (or at least implied) the same thing about there game with us when he was interviewed on ESPN radio.

Of course, agreed we would be saying close to the same if we lost, mostly about the Cooney out of bounds play. However, I was over on their board all week, and it was arrogant as.shole Cuse, ACC/East Coast trash all up and down their forum

yeah, pretty standard salty-after-a-season-ending-loss stuff over there... but a whole lotta ignorance as well...
they just can't believe how badly the refs screwed them

FWIW, in a bar, I was complaining about a lot of no calls, but am guessing they suffered from the same. I think letting us play a Big East(tm) game was to our advantage. I was surprised that Chino was not needed!

as a rule i never try to sneak into the enemies camp . i've really enjoyed conversing with some members of the boneyard and many other forums here on syracusefan home turf but have no desire to beat a beehive elsewhere.

maxresdefault.jpg

(yeah that's flash gordon sticking his hand in the tree stump of death. "klytus bring me the bore worms "
love that film.

Reasonable reactions by the Zags fans. The officials always suck when you lose.

Funniest comment in the thread was the guy talking about how "big and fast" Syracuse was. I read that and looked behind me like "who? Us?".

Probably one our smallest and least athletic teams to ever advance in the tournament.
Agree about our athleticism but it was pretty amazing how quickly they were swarming on D last night!

I can't read that mess of format

Interesting quote from another thread "It just sucks losing a team that is NOT better than us. Oh well." I guess the teams they beat must not have felt the same. Oh well.

I found this thread over there...very insightful. Apparently Lydon was out of position when he made the block

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?56899-Post-game-radio-GU-Syracuse

Classic Boeheim. He says he doesn't know why Lydon stepped up to challenge and that it was an unbelievably smart play by the freshman. Lydon says later that Boeheim talked in the two previous timeouts about the 5 stepping up to challenge the penetration. Great coaching move then deflecting all the praise to the player. Of course Lydon had to recognize that the bigs weren't camped in the low post and that was really the key to the play. Gave Lydon the opportunity to step up and challenge.

BTW, has Sabonis stepped out of the 3 second lane yet?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom