Zags on the ropes to Dayton | Syracusefan.com

Zags on the ropes to Dayton

Yeah Dayton beat st francis by 20 they are for real.

Crazy ending good win for dayton.

statistically the zags were pretty sound. 48 percent shooting from the field, 88% from the line 5 less turnovers equal in assists.

Dayton hitting 4 more 3 point shots and being outrebounded by 12 17 offensive boards for dayton did them in. Can't see them beating Baylor but you never know.

Who would be a better matchup against us?(assuming we beat Cal)

Well hell, I thought if any team in this field could beat us it would be the Zags. Dayton kind of took care of that. wow.

What?????? When I went to bed Gonzaga had at a 15 point lead!!!! What a terrible surprise to wake up to. I really wanted to see SU play them. Not sure any other team in the field will give quite the same boost to our resume.

What?????? When I went to bed Gonzaga had at a 15 point lead!!!! What a terrible surprise to wake up to. I really wanted to see SU play them. Not sure any other team in the field will give quite the same boost to our resume.
???? We are SYRACUSE and in the ACC! We don't need a boost to our resume. We boost other teams resume even when they lose to us.

???? We are SYRACUSE and in the ACC! We don't need a boost to our resume. We boost other teams resume even when they lose to us.

Yeah, we don't even need a resume now that we are in the ACC! We even get to skip the line and get the velvet rope lifted for us.

Who would be a better matchup against us?(assuming we beat Cal)

I didn't see the Baylor game but Dayton can't play with us. Yeah they are good but they looked pathetic for the most part against a horrible Gonzaga zone with 3 6'0" PG's playing. I don't even know why people guard Stockton's kid he's terrible. Dayton is an athletic aggressive defensive team but also a little undisciplined. Gonzaga is vastly over rated this year.

Good point . . . maybe I just wanted to watch that match up for my own entertainment.
I don't think it would've been very entertaining if that helps. Pangos would've gone for 30 or 40 points and we'd still won by 10-15. Baylor would be interesting, Dayton will be a hackfest if we play them. Got to beat Cal first.

If Dayton beats Baylor, we don't play a team in the AP top 25 until Jan 11, and we only play 3 all year.

If Dayton beats Baylor, we don't play a team in the AP top 25 until Jan 11, and we only play 3 all year.

It's not like not playing Baylor or Gonzaga ruins our resume. Dayton may get into the top 25 with two wins over ranked teams. Pitt will soon be ranked, and Indiana is #25 in the coaches poll and just outside the AP poll. If FSU didn't choke away the Michigan game, they'd be ranked as well, and they might be by the end of the season anyway. Then there's the ACC Tournament. Plenty of opportunities with this schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom