Zaire/Ishmael/Bennett/Erv Updates?? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zaire/Ishmael/Bennett/Erv Updates??

Shamarko was going for the receivers legs and the guy inexplicably fell straightt into the hit. If I’m seeing something wrong someone please explain

Agree, thats the problem with these targeting rules . Wouldn't want to play db in todays cfb and NFL. The game is soooo fast that as defenders come in for a hit at the belt or to put a hat on the ball, within milliseconds their intended target (quads, belt, ball) is gone and replaced by a helmet as many recievers and ball carriers drop their head naturally to brace for a hit. Thus, this call and rule is impossible.

Agree, thats the problem with these targeting rules . Wouldn't want to play db in todays cfb and NFL. The game is soooo fast that as defenders come in for a hit at the belt or to put a hat on the ball, within milliseconds their intended target (quads, belt, ball) is gone and replaced by a helmet as many recievers and ball carriers drop their head naturally to brace for a hit. Thus, this call and rule is impossible.
He lead with his head. He put his head down and lead with the helmet crown. I don't think the rule makes as big a difference as to where the target is hit (head or feet) anymore. The idea is to stop the head dropping behavior, not matter where the target is. Is it a bit harsh? Yes, but this was the first clear cut opportunity to enforce a new rule and set the tone for the season. This stinks for Shamarko, but he opened himself up to it.

Paris Bennett gave his body to Syracuse and it took its toll.
Thank you for playing for us PB.
Circumstances like this are why I wish college kids could get paid. Hopefully he finds a good job or SU will hire him to pay back for what he gave us.
The sport is brutal on the body. We don’t appreciate the beatings they put on their bodies.

It is a brutal sport and i , too , am thankful fpr PB's efforts laying it on the line. Hopefully, he lands a good job given his SU degree which should springboard him in the job market. And, yes, he was paid over 200k while at the Cuse. He will never know the folks over at Navient;)

He’s really slick with his push/creating separation. Which he has to be.

He will get less time next week and the most he’ll see in a game is the week after. If he continues to make an impression, hopefully he gets a spot on the practice squad.

I mean, he could earn the 5th/6th WR spot, who knows. Not sure how many the Colts like to carry though.

Last edited:
He’s really slick with his push/creating separation. Which he has to be.

He will get less time next week and the most he’ll see in a game is the week after. If he continues to make an impression, hopefully he gets a spot on the practice squad.

I mean, he could earn the 5th/6th WR spot, who knows. Not sure how many the Colts like to carry though.

This day in the NFL they will keep 6 and dress 4 to 5. If he wanted to make the 53 he will need to step on special teams.

I don't think I've seen another Syracuse receiver "big boy" defenders the way AET did two years ago.

That doesn't mean that I'm suggesting he had as much talent as Marvin, KJ, Moore, and others -- just that he'd run over people, get hit and make THEM fall down while he stayed on his feet, etc.

He looked like a man among boys. Hope he sticks on a roster.

I don't think I've seen another Syracuse receiver "big boy" defenders the way AET did two years ago.

That doesn't mean that I'm suggesting he had as much talent as Marvin, KJ, Moore, and others -- just that he'd run over people, get hit and make THEM fall down while he stayed on his feet, etc.

He looked like a man among boys. Hope he sticks on a roster.

Me either, it was freaky...like Boss Moss freaky. He'd either run past them or shove them down and do it to quality CB's as well. I wonder if he is just one of those confidence guys that needs to know he was getting the ball and in the zone. He seemed to just fad away a bit at Maryland...be cool if the Army insects would make him the #2 guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom