Zaire/Ishmael/Bennett/Erv Updates?? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zaire/Ishmael/Bennett/Erv Updates??

Shamarko was going for the receivers legs and the guy inexplicably fell straightt into the hit. If I’m seeing something wrong someone please explain

"Under the new rule, a penalty is called if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with the helmet, torso, hips or lower body of an opponent. A 15-yard penalty is assessed and ejection is considered."

Zaire’s been working with the 2’s. Hoping he can press that gamecocks linebacker Skai Moore for more time with the 1’s.

Had a pick 6 in practice off kaaya a few days ago i guess

Erv’s still on the outside looking in imo, but he’s making us proud.

Erv had such a nice twitch when he had the ball but it always seemed he would tear out his own knee doing it he cut so hard.

Just went to Bucs camp this morning and got to talk to Erv for a min or 2 while he was signing the kids jerseys/ball. Once one of the boys yelled Go Cuse he made a beeline straight for us. Didn't get to get into much because Jameis and Mike Evans were heading our way and the kids focus switched pretty quickly.

College FB doesn't make kids stay 3 years, the NFL does. Why? It helps them control their own inventory. (Maurice Clarett, Herschel Walker, Bo Jackson, to name 3, could all have played in the NFL at 19 or 20 years old.)

I wasn't juxtaposing the FB schedule with basketball. College basketball wasn't part of the discussion, and has a different impact physically. (Why no one understands context anymore is bewildering.)
The OP was praising CFB for protecting players. My point was that if CFB existed for the players, instead of for revenue generation, promotional advertising and alumni gratification, and was primarily concerned with player safety, 8 games over 16 weeks, and a semester with no contact, would be the way to go.

I don't care for the NCAA, but i do agree kids should stay 3 years to develop physically. Its a great rule and cfb gets it in that regard. 18 year old kids might be able to play in the NBA, but not the NFL;)

Great news, behave, hit hard, and cover shamarko! Its tough being a safety in the NFL these days,

So true, its becoming flag fb. The game is set up for offensive domination and these fast safeties and any defensive player playing on space has an impossible task. These defensive players are lightening fast, the game is crazy fast. Most of what we were taught as kids in terms of tackling technique puts these guys at risk for a call against them.

The game is so fast that a well intended hit in the shoulders could result in a head to head contact bc by the time the impact is made, the reciever, ball carrier's head is in a different position. Its impossible.

I don't care for the NCAA, but i do agree kids should stay 3 years to develop physically. Its a great rule and cfb gets it in that regard. 18 year old kids might be able to play in the NBA, but not the NFL;)
Again, it's not a CFB rule. (College can't make you stay in college.) It's an NFL rule, which is an artificial control on personnel inventory. That is all. It's not about safety. The NFL cares about player (QBs excepted) safety when lawsuits are involved. Players are commodities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom