Zelous Wheeler on the way | Syracusefan.com

Zelous Wheeler on the way

CaliCuse

All American
Calling up Wheeler to fill in for Beltran presumably Beltran feeling pain in his arm continues to be less productive than Cashman and us the fans thought he would be Headly has a super glove but his bat has caught the Yankee "lack of hits virus. Even Teixreia. Add Jacoby to the slumping and soon to be eliminated Yankee lineup. Unless the pitchers are near perfect the idea of winning games is a lost cause. Monday is presumably when call ups are allowed and it will be interesting who Cashman decides to showcase.
I'm guessing Lingren and maybe Judge. Clarkin might get a shot along with Banuelos. A first base kid with power named Roller might get a chance to get in for a few games and make a few errors. Getting some tutoring from ZTex might help him. Who knows if Refsynder gets the call.Cashman is adamant of wanting this kid to play an entire year at AAA second base Putting Prado at second for the whole 2015 sea on might be a stretch but thus far he has played well in the field

I saw Scranton while visiting my parents last weekend. Wheeler had the game winning hit on Sunday he is a decent bat. Refsynder and Almonte are better but Wheeler is your prototypical AAAA player he won't play unless of injuries in a game. McCann will play 1b before Wheeler plays .

I saw Scranton while visiting my parents last weekend. Wheeler had the game winning hit on Sunday he is a decent bat. Refsynder and Almonte are better but Wheeler is your prototypical AAAA player he won't play unless of injuries in a game. McCann will play 1b before Wheeler plays .
Its clear that Refsynder is an excellent hitter . It remains to be seen if he plays 2nd base or the outfield Wheeler is just a fill-in at this time. I'm glad you had the opportunity to see him play. Any word on his fielding?
http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2014/08/yankees_september_call-ups_8_possible_options.html

Banuelos, Murphy and Mitchell are the only players currently on the 40 man roster.

To call anyone else up, the Yanks would have to make room.
There is plenty of deadwood on that list. The September call ups should be very interesting. Look at that list and cull out the total non contributors a step away from DFA. You can bet Cashman is looking at it every day and the reports from the farm. managers.