Zero confidence in this program | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Zero confidence in this program

I think the guy to me that Maliq reminds be of is Brandon Clarke for Gonzaga and who now is a pro. I would say Maliq isn't on such a level right now offensively but the role and their games are alike. Clarke was very effective just hanging around the basket most of the game and in the lane. His super skill was his shooting percentage and having a knack for being where he needed to at all times. Maliqs efficiency be it just layups or dunks is right there with him shooting 70 pct on the year.

Maliq like Clarke is a decent passer as well as his clear proficiency on the boards. Neither player was overly physical early on but if Maliq adds that along with the ability to make a shot a little further out- he can certainly get there. Also like Maliq- Clarke is a higher floor lower ceiling guy but that still gives you a lot to work with.
Clarke was a really good shot blocker and had shown flashes of spacing, things Maliq can’t do yet. Maliq is more of a high floor low ceiling energy guy at this stage

Clarke was a really good shot blocker and had shown flashes of spacing, things Maliq can’t do yet. Maliq is more of a high floor low ceiling energy guy at this stage

Clarke took 9 total 3pt shots his first two years at SJSU and only a handful or so more at Zaga. The Clarke most of us saw was at Gonzaga as a junior. Maliq has the chops to be a decent shot blocker as well. Clarke was not a high ceiling guy either.. while also being high floor.

"Ceiling" and "at this stage" are two contradictory thoughts.

"Ceiling" and "at this stage" are two contradictory thoughts.
Ceiling would be max potential, at this stage would be where in his current development.

So far, Maliq has shown that he is a rebounder/defense guy, not many flashes of creating his own shot. If he ends up being a good glue guy, that works for me.

Ceiling would be max potential, at this stage would be where in his current development.

So far, Maliq has shown that he is a rebounder/defense guy, not many flashes of creating his own shot. If he ends up being a good glue guy, that works for me.
I think he can. I think he's been asked to not do too much. He made some moves off the dribble in the exhibition/cupcake season that Benny could never do.

I think he can. I think he's been asked to not do too much. He made some moves off the dribble in the exhibition/cupcake season that Benny could never do.
Agreed, I think people are underrating his potential. he catches everything. he constantly tipping the ball, batting down passes. More muscle on him and he'll improve on the boards

2 more years working on mid range shot, free throws, post moves.

Then who knows...depends how bad he wants it.

Agreed, I think people are underrating his potential. he catches everything. he constantly tipping the ball, batting down passes. More muscle on him and he'll improve on the boards

2 more years working on mid range shot, free throws, post moves.

Then who knows...depends how bad he wants it.
Haven’t seen hands like this from a freshman in a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom