Zero confidence in this program | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zero confidence in this program

Colgate was a 15 point blow out, far worse. Syracuse “competed” with Bryant, they were never in the Colgate game

That's a weird way to separate the two. Bryant just is a weaker opponent than Colgate in accordance with basically every analytics site. Colgate was better and we couldn't overcome. Bryant was weaker so we were able to come back.

We had far less business being down vs Bryant than we did Colgate even if both were bad.

so the "media" turn seems to have started just a little bit - what outlet will be the straw that breaks the camels back?
Ed Levine‘s radio stations. Syracuse.com. Wildhack‘s former employer.

Colgate was a 15 point blow out, far worse. Syracuse “competed” with Bryant, they were never in the Colgate game
Please stop.

For relevance. Please see what Syracuse used to do to East Tennessee State in the Dome in The Carrier Classic years ago.

Or any of the other tomato cans that have run through these parts in Decembers gone by.

Taylor and Brown are role players off the bench on a good team. Their ceiling is limited.

If we did clean house on the roster there isn’t one player I’d say we need to keep and build around. Maybe Judah?
So your telling me that we just went down to the wire with the best team in ACC and number 6 team in the nation on a 7 gam win streak and we have only 1 player who we maybe can build around.. LMAO.. Cmon what a crazy statement!

Please stop.

For relevance. Please see what Syracuse used to do to East Tennessee State in the Dome in The Carrier Classic years ago.

Or any of the other tomato cans that have run through these parts in Decembers gone by.
Please please please understand... These are not mid majors of 20 years ago. Mid major players play against everyone in AAU, they are old and they don't have fear playing in any environment. Yes Cuse should beat these teams but let's not think this is Cupcake city all the time. Its a lazy thought too think college basketball has not changed and compare to years ago

So your telling me that we just went down to the wire with the best team in ACC and number 6 team in the nation on a 7 gam win streak and we have only 1 player who we maybe can build around.. LMAO.. Cmon what a crazy statement!
If you're hoping Taylor, Brown, and Bell lead us back to dominance you're mistaken. You better hit the portal hard if you want to be relevant again. It's the same story every year, hard to be optimistic based off the past 9 years.

Please please please understand... These are not mid majors of 20 years ago. Mid major players play against everyone in AAU, they are old and they don't have fear playing in any environment. Yes Cuse should beat these teams but let's not think this is Cupcake city all the time. Its a lazy thought too think college basketball has not changed and compare to years ago

Funny and yet the unwavering support of coaching, the defense and manufactured optimism would align with the thinking that hoops hasn't changed... given the programs lack of change and thus very much countering your own posts.

Yep. I am excited to see if he can be that kind of player. Not sure who he reminds me of. Anthony Mason maybe? Do think he needs some muscle as well.

He strikes me as being a bit like Sam Perkins. Sam, of course, developed a great 3 point shot. But I see a similar build and the same kind of languid way of moving on the floor.

I’m not impressed with Virginia. Defensively they’re always solid. But their offense and overall talent never scares me. Let’s leave it at that.

Roster wise going forward I do think Taylor/Brown can be high level ACC starters fairly soon.

Those are 2 good pieces.

Judah back would be fantastic, especially if he improves over the summer. You’re looking at a potential all conference player.

I do like what Bell brings. I think he plays too much but he’s a solid 18mpg bench piece.

TBD on Copeland. Look like he brings a lot of unique stuff to the table but JB isn’t playing him at all. I assume this is for a reason.

We still need a scoring wing/G and a stud big man.

It’ll be interesting to see how aggressive we get in the portal but I think the nucleus is there to improve next year. We need our “best 2 guys” to be way better than the ones we have this year
You're asking a lot.

I’m not impressed with Virginia. Defensively they’re always solid. But their offense and overall talent never scares me. Let’s leave it at that.
yeah...it sucks to be sixth overall nationally. and kinda funny when you're only ninth in your own conference.

Last edited:
Not once did I think we were going to actually win that game. That’s where I’m at in my fandom.. even when they’re playing decent and in the game I expect the worst. Pretty tough time to be a fan.
Maybe you should turn off the TV or cover your ears and close your eyes if you are at the dome open them back up or turn on the tube and look at the program with more optimism.

Maybe you should turn off the TV or cover your ears and close your eyes if you are at the dome open them back up or turn on the tube and look at the program with more optimism.

That's quite a sentence. Optimism is a heavy ask right now. I was still there in 20-21 with reservations. Then the off season and transfers took another bite out. Then the worst season in JBs tenure. Followed by a brief ray of sunshine only to be quickly squashed this year.

The defense has set the tone as being unable to get it done to offset the youthful mistakes or even to complement a good offensive performance.

No recruits in '23 yet while we await what will become of Jesse , Joe maybe even Judah. Not to mention Benny likely gone and no clear picture into who all otherwise stays/goes. That uncertainty doesn't set things up for optimism next year either. That goodwill and faith in the program flipping the script the next year is all but gone.

Taylor and Brown are role players off the bench on a good team. Their ceiling is limited.

If we did clean house on the roster there isn’t one player I’d say we need to keep and build around. Maybe Judah?
Disagree. Do you remember Buddy as a Freshman? Taylor has as much if not more upside. Do you remember Warrick, Brown has as much if not more upside. one and done guys, no but all conference types, yes.

Good coaching.. and Bennett is one of the best right now.

Optimism for what? This season is all but cooked and the way that college basketball is now, you rarely see a core group of players stay together for multiple years. This team will be starting from square one again next year as it's likely Joe, Jesse, and Benny are gone after this year (if not more). If JAB is going to keep roaming the sideline, then he needs to adapt to the new landscape if he wants to get back to winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom