Zero confidence in this program | Syracusefan.com

Zero confidence in this program

Lukeyloo

Reigning 2004 Syracuse CYO Free Throw Champ
Not once did I think we were going to actually win that game. That’s where I’m at in my fandom.. even when they’re playing decent and in the game I expect the worst. Pretty tough time to be a fan.

Last edited:
We are a stale stodgy program that is on a Georgetown-like slide towards irrelevance. In fact, we’re already there. We just haven’t lost 30-ish conference games in a row. But, does it really matter? We can’t compete with Bryant. Or Colgate. And we most certainly don’t compete with the Brest of the ACC.

We are a stale stodgy program that is on a Georgetown-like slide towards irrelevance. In fact, we’re already there. We just haven’t lost 30-ish conference games in a row. But, does it really matter? We can’t compete with Bryant. Or Colgate. And we most certainly don’t compete with the Brest of the ACC.
Death spiral

To be fair, there’s some quality bre(a)st in the ACC

1675131129144.png

Roster wise going forward I do think Taylor/Brown can be high level ACC starters fairly soon.

Those are 2 good pieces.

Judah back would be fantastic, especially if he improves over the summer. You’re looking at a potential all conference player.

I do like what Bell brings. I think he plays too much but he’s a solid 18mpg bench piece.

TBD on Copeland. Look like he brings a lot of unique stuff to the table but JB isn’t playing him at all. I assume this is for a reason.

We still need a scoring wing/G and a stud big man.

It’ll be interesting to see how aggressive we get in the portal but I think the nucleus is there to improve next year. We need our “best 2 guys” to be way better than the ones we have this year

I mean, complain all you want but let’s not pretend the Bryant game was Colgate level bad… that’s being factually incorrect

Roster wise going forward I do think Taylor/Brown can be high level ACC starters fairly soon.

Those are 2 good pieces.

Judah back would be fantastic, especially if he improves over the summer. You’re looking at a potential all conference player.

I do like what Bell brings. I think he plays too much but he’s a solid 18mpg bench piece.

TBD on Copeland. Look like he brings a lot of unique stuff to the table but JB isn’t playing him at all. I assume this is for a reason.

It’ll be interesting to see how aggressive we get in the portal but I think the nucleus is there to improve next year. We need our “best 2 guys” to be way better than the ones we have this year
Without a legit center(not Hima) and full time commitment to the zone I don’t see it. We need 2 ready now players. 3 if Mintz leaves.

Those are 2 good pieces.

The freshmen are all nice pieces to mix in with some transfers next year.

I don't think any of them can be counted on to carry the team and be the star and that includes Mintz who I expect to leave.

Hope Copeland, Brown, Taylor, and Bell all stay though regardless of what happens. I don't think any of them are good enough to walk into Kentucky and be the guy there and they are all versatile and can get minutes at multiple positions so from afar it doesn't make sense for them to bail even if we change coaches.

Without a legit center(not Hima) and full time commitment to the zone I don’t see it. We need 2 ready now players. 3 if Mintz leaves.

Why is Edwards leaving and not taking his covid year? Him and Joe will have a ton of offers from major programs to walk in and start so going to another college team makes sense but he doesn't have much draft buzz and NIL pays better than Europe.

I think k if he kept torrence in and bell in , Taylor was doing g nothing...torrence passes great to edwards

I thought Taylor had a pretty good game.

(As I look at the box score, well, maybe not so much ...)

Those are 2 good pieces.

Taylor and Brown are role players off the bench on a good team. Their ceiling is limited.

If we did clean house on the roster there isn’t one player I’d say we need to keep and build around. Maybe Judah?

Its not the players. Jims Zone is the primary issue. Basically Jim is getting out coached most nights because of his stubbornness. Our offensive sets were predictable. Most of the sets had no movement. Jims a better coach than he is showing this year.

Full rebuild is required. New coach with a new philosophy. I hope some of the current players stick through the change (Brown, Taylor, Bell, etc). Use the portal to rebuild quickly.

It may sound harsh but there’s not much to build on with this program right now under JB. Tear it all down because it’s broken beyond repair.

Its not the players. Jims Zone is the primary issue. Basically Jim is getting out coached most nights because of his stubbornness. Our offensive sets were predictable. Most of the sets had no movement. Jims a better coach than he is showing this year.
This is who we are though. We need to pray teams miss and if they do miss we need to pray we get a rebound.

Everything is predictable.

The program and AD took something that was the pride of the city and made it a laughable after thought. I’ll keep going to the games but I’d be lying if I said I cared 10% as much as I used to.

The program and AD took something that was the pride of the city and made it a laughable after thought. I’ll keep going to the games but I’d be lying if I said I cared 10% as much as I used to.
But at least the Dome looks prettier…..

Taylor and Brown are role players off the bench on a good team. Their ceiling is limited.

If we did clean house on the roster there isn’t one player I’d say we need to keep and build around. Maybe Judah?

I think you are way underselling Maliq Brown. He's already on par with Terrence Roberts, in my book. More fundamentally sound, too. Does not seem to be scared of the moment, like Tyler Roberson (or maybe Tyler was just worn down by the criticism, since his very best game was the 20 rebounds at Duke ...).

Why is Edwards leaving and not taking his covid year? Him and Joe will have a ton of offers from major programs to walk in and start so going to another college team makes sense but he doesn't have much draft buzz and NIL pays better than Europe.
Pretty sure Edwards isn't eligible for NIL $$ being a foreign player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom