Zone | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zone

bull ive seen him more coming into the season than boeheim. secondly I saw melo for ten minutes and knew more about him than his coach.

1) You have not watched Ron Patterson play more than Boeheim, let alone any of us.

2) You knew Carmelo would be good? Wow, great call!

bull ive seen him more coming into the season than boeheim. secondly I saw melo for ten minutes and knew more about him than his coach.

Funny, when I saw Coach Boeheim's "locker" in Springfield, I didn't notice any mention of you. Did I miss something?

suppose flip side of the coin also is that these teams that play "crappy zones" have the flexibility to switch up to decent man2man at any time they see fit. an option unfortunately we don't share. it's either zone or trunk monkey for the cuse.

baylor switched a few times and their mtm sucked... our zone has a lot of mtm principles in it and at the end of the day features a great deal of help defensive principles that are critical also in aggressive mtm schemes that feature a lot of switching off screens. In the zone we switch responsibilities when we are trapping. The zone simply makes it easier to recover if played right.

I respectfully disagree. A bad zone can be beat without a zone offense. They can still use man to man principles on offense against a bad zone. UK did this last night. When Baylor did a better job in their zone UK was clueless. The SU zone is not alike any other zone in how its played due to both personnel and in how it is adjusted accordingly much like you would adjust mtm schemes. So having other teams play against zone all the time and then find you can't beat the SU zone that way creates issues for them.

Also on the flip side its used so much more now anyways that a team completely green to a zone defense is hard to find.

A man-to-man can also be beaten without a zone offense. I don't see how playing a bad zone sets a team up for failure against our zone more than not having seen a zone at all.

A man-to-man can also be beaten without a zone offense. I don't see how playing a bad zone sets a team up for failure against our zone more than not having seen a zone at all.

Never said its a guaranteed fact just my perspective. False sense of security and creating bad zone offense habits. As for your comment on zone offense against mtm I think you are confused. I stated they dont need a zone offense against bad zones. They can run their normal stuff. Thus that can create bad habits. I would rather a team who has their own perception of beating a zone vs a team that sees it rarely but is focused on beating just "our zone". Difference of opinion is all. There is no right answer just a different perspective.

You have never seen Ron Patterson play ball enough to know if he's any good. You just picked the name of some young player that isn't playing and claimed he's really good.

Admit it.
bull. yo know nothing except being a miserable old coot

igor said:

Way to go out on a limb. Ass

This is even more rare than a bigfoot sighting--an igor appearance after a win!

Looking forward to you going into hybernation for the winter, now that the team is doing well and not struggling. You'll be missed.

Looking forward to you going into hybernation for the winter, now that the team is doing well and not struggling. You'll be missed.

Those are the only kind of Igor sightings we are getting so far this year.

Im guessing blue curtain finally gave in and followed bjorn...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom