19th in CFP | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

19th in CFP

I was way wrong (happy to say!) after the WMU game and thought this team was not going to be able to run (RB wise) the ball or stop any type of speed WR/RB types teams and wouldn't win more than 5 games.

The young depth at DB has made a huge difference and the RB's are getting a decent YPC and they need to continue that if SU wants to get to 8, 9, 10 wins because the ND and BC D's are very good while Wakes O is explosive. Plus, those 3 tough games are on the road but that being said I'd love to see them break that road snide by winning at least 2 of them. Go Cuse and congrats on the high ranking!!!

Dont put too many "expectations" on this season yet. This season started "bowl or bust" Now its "we could make the playoffs". If we keep this up, nothing we do this season will be considered good enough. Just enjoy what we have.

We are a huge longshot, but part of that is the fact that winning out is not very likely. 538 has us at <1% to make the playoff, but they only have us at 8% to win out. If we win out they bump us to 2%. When you start playing with that calculator, it's pretty amazing what can happen to our odds. A Northwestern loss to ND takes us to 3%. A UCF loss to Navy next week bumps us to 5% (538 only gives Navy a 7% chance to win, but hey, you can always get a triple option miracle upset). That parlay alone, in the 538 odds, would move us to 8% and into a T-11 for odds of making the playoff.

And this is the fun part of having a longshot chance at the playoffs... Each week from here on out, as long as we keep winning, will become significantly more exciting than the last.

Next year, people. Next year we challenge the division, win that with 1 or no losses. Then we dream.

Yep, we will be loaded on offense, and will have a solid, experienced backfield on D. Linebackers will again be a worry, but Iike what I've seen out of Armstrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom