19th in CFP | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

19th in CFP

Cuse fans...

Popped over to give y’all a tip of the hat for earning your ranking in the initial college football playoff announcement. I fully expect y’all to climb and represent the ACC and your school well come bowl season. I wish you luck in locking Dino into a long term contract. Will be tracking how the success helps your recruiting. Best of luck with your season!

Tiger fan...

I’d rather play @Louisville rather than @Wake. They are truly a horrible football team. We will win that game by 20+.

Wake is going to be tougher than people think. It’s not going to be a total blowout.

Wake’s D is atrocious. If our defense can get a few turnovers I could see something happening. Not saying it will, but it could be.

Wake’s D is atrocious. If our defense can get a few turnovers I could see something happening. Not saying it will, but it could be.
So is our D

Top 15 had we beat Pitt

Top 6 if we beat both Clemson & Pitt.

Most infuriating & depressing 4th down conversions ever.

And that 4th qtr "ineligible receiver downfield" penalty on the Dungey jump pass to Hackett to seal the win at Clemson can forever kick rocks, pound salt and chew on tacks.

Oh what could've been. Oh well.

#19 with 2 losses is amazing. Whooda thunk it?

Gonna need to win 4 out of 4 for Peach. 3 out of 4 gets us Camping World Bowl.

We might still get the Peach with only 3 of 4 because ND might wind up in the 4th playoff spot.

We've been blown our 4/4 times by them in ACC play. I get Wake is a better team off the heels of last weeks head to head match up but even the last 2 games vs Wake early on it looked like we were going to win and should have won after the first quarter last year and the storm game noone thought we'd lose. Some of the Ville games have been over before they started.

Dino has never beaten either FWIW. Petrino was an offensive genius himself not so long ago. They'll put up points. I think we win but the dismissal of them based on a bad season might be off base.

Hey by all means go ahead and dismiss Ville like they dismissed us in the Robinson era when they were good.

I don't think Wake can beat us even if a friggen tornado shows up in Winston Salem at kickoff. Ville I am just happy its in the Dome. I want and expect a comfortable win but it won't be as ugly as their last 2 wins vs us were.
Louisville is 99th in S&P+ and 112 in resume S&P+.

The last 4 years mean absolutely nothing. Teddy Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson ain’t walking through that door. Their offense is a train wreck and Petrino is a dead man walking.

If you’ve watched them play this year, I’m surprised you’d be worried. Their wins have come against Indiana State (4-4 FCS) and WKU (1-7) who they only beat by 3.

This is why Dino should stay if he can live with the best salary we can afford and offer.

There’s a huge difference between the old Big East days and the BCS and now. Both in conf money and in playoff chances.

Just keep growing this thing here. Updated Dome incoming. We’ll grow as you win.

Please pay the man.

Louisville is 99th in S&P+ and 112 in resume S&P+.

The last 4 years mean absolutely nothing. Teddy Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson ain’t walking through that door. Their offense is a train wreck and Petrino is a dead man walking.

If you’ve watched them play this year, I’m surprised you’d be worried. Their wins have come against Indiana State (4-4 FCS) and WKU (1-7) who they only beat by 3.

And Wake has wins against Rice (possibly worse than WKU), Tulane, Towson and Louisville.

Whats your toughest game left?

Duke
@SCe
Coastal champion

Someone other than us has to put a scare into you. AtM has been living off the fact that they put in a couple late tuddies at home vs you but Clemson was a play or two away from blowing that one open and winning by 20+ all game my angle is they got some lucky plays in garbage time at home and didn't exactly go toe to toe like we did.

My guess would be the BC game is the only one where you face any threat of losing.
We're a different team now than we were just a few weeks ago. Team chemistry is better than ever and we are healthy. I don't buy into the notion that someone has to put a scare in Clemson. We are a good two touchdowns better than anyone else we play this year.

Honestly, ND gets rolled by anyone in that top 6 from what I've seen this year. They'll be a tough out in front of an 80% ND fan crowd, but I think they're easily the most overrated team towards the top.

Well, ND already beat #5 Michigan this season with its now backup QB and RB starting that game.

Congrats on the season so far and good luck (except vs. ND) the rest of the way.

As much as I hate those 2 close losses to Clemson and Pitt I saw a team that grew and learned from those mistakes to win 2 close games vs UNC and NCS. Babers is forging steel here on the Hill and when you hit your thumb a couple of times you learn to not do it again.

People's opinions to this stuff are wild. Little bit here, but mostly what you read on twitter, it's worse than a political bloodbath.

I do love twitter for the one stop shopping, and quick summary from those I like in the world of sports, politics, entertainment, etc. But I think maybe it's time to retire the part where regular humans get to respond. It's terrifying to think of all the people that walk among us every day.

i think 10-2 and ending 6-8 is probably close but that also means you are only like NW beating Mich and 1 other crazy thing from being top 4 too.

I think when the A game offense shows up we are a tough out. Just dont know that we have more than a C game Defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom