2013 Elite Camp | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Elite Camp

Consensus averages #2 PG behind Briscoe, and #22 overall.

Is there real interest from Brunson and from JB & Hop? I would assume so since he's at the elite camp. It' s just the first time I've heard his name connected with SU.

Is there real interest from Brunson and from JB & Hop? I would assume so since he's at the elite camp. It' s just the first time I've heard his name connected with SU.
RF made a great point on the regular board that Brunson's dad(the former ball player) is from Syracuse. So we have some connections in place. Wouldn't surprise me if he received an offer after the camp.

Like... a Rick the Ruler kind of feel?

LOL, Wasn't that 09 in the first or second round of the NCAA tourney. "The Ruler" had a mighty fine career at SU all said and done. He really came a long way over the course of his career which was a pleasure to watch. Some of us need to remember guys like him when we watch our currant bogs develope because bigs take time.

I'll admit I was semi worried seeing that original list from Mike Waters but now knowing we'll have a minimum of 4 top 30 players from 2015, 3 being 5 stars, with MCW and Dion in town I'm feeling pretty good.

So ok, we obviously lost in football, did the elite camp yield any commits or do we even get a whiff of a "silent verbal"?

Adam Finkelstein@AdamFinkelstein 21m
Sounds like Syracuse's Elite Camp was loaded - Thomas Bryant, Chris Silva, Moustapha Diagne, Tyler Lydon, Derrick Jones, Matt Ryan...

So how does this elite camp work? Syracuse invites players who the coaches might be interested in, then they come for a weekend to a "camp"?. I assume the players have to pay for this, right?

So how does this elite camp work? Syracuse invites players who the coaches might be interested in, then they come for a weekend to a "camp"?. I assume the players have to pay for this, right?
you got it.

You would think the Substandard would have a report on this since SU hoop fans have high interest. But I guess that's asking too much.

any good reports? how did players look???
It's not open to the public and only the ball staff would be able to answer that question. If Tyler Lydon received an offer right away then you have to imagine that he had play well and was very impressive to the staff.

I just hope we don't pull the trigger on him yet..bigger fish in the sea

I just hope we don't pull the trigger on him yet..bigger fish in the sea

Well, didn't he play against a lot of the "bigger fish"? Must have done very well. SU does not had out offers if they don't want the kid, or are not adverse to losing another kid in

We don't really know the condition of the offer. Could be we are waiting on so and so or it could be we like you better than so and so who you just played against. I trust the staff on these things. Honestly I hate waiting and would love to have everyone lined up 1.5 years in advance but you won't consistently get the 5star guys that way. We have to trust the staff to know which guys to wait on and which to take someone else in front of.

offer that little kid. What?

No doubt!!!! Is that kid for real 14 years old? What's that make him class of 2018 or 2919? 4 or five more years he will be ready to roll when he hits campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom