2015 Commits in the ACC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2015 Commits in the ACC

Penn State...11 commits 7 4-star
Syracuse...0 commits
What's going on here? Thought the Cuse would have a few by now...

These are unofficial visits, not camps.
I'd take a hypothetical visit at this point! Cuse basketball killed our momentum, at least stifled our Orange Passion a bit. We need something to set things off, a spark! TJ would be nice for starters!

I think people have the wrong interpretation of what a Jr Day is. Most schools, especially the ones that can draw whoever they want, it is used as an introduction to your program. Kind of your first up close and personal look. It's not used as an official visit where those are far more personal and in depth. Junior Days are a lot of the time the kids first visit on campus. You usually just have a tour of the facilities and what not. Most of the time you don't even get to visiting the academic side, which is done on a more personal level. That type of stuff is done later on in the process.

I really think people have the wrong understanding of the concept
I could agree with what you say in principle, as that is what Jr. Day has been. But it is an evolving recruiting tool for getting kids much earlier on campus and a great head start on building a relationship with the kid and maybe even the parents. Its called innovation vs. status quo. I'd take innovation any day and it starts with kids like AJ, and his parents that buy in early to a program and then help you down the road. I can seriously see us doing this with the new practice facility next year, now that will have some "wow" in it!

Syracuse...0 commits

I'm really not too concerned with having 0 commitments. It is a bit more concerning that we have had 0 visitors.

Syracuse...0 commits
Maybe they are waiting for PSU to fill up before they invite people onto campus.

I'd take a hypothetical visit at this point! Cuse basketball killed our momentum, at least stifled our Orange Passion a bit. We need something to set things off, a spark! TJ would be nice for starters!
Basketball killed momentum? Then what did basketball do at PSU (16-18), BC (15-17) and RU (12-21)?

Basketball killed momentum? Then what did basketball do at PSU (16-18), BC (15-17) and RU (12-21)?
Who cares about those schools BB or FB programs, I wish people would get over it, especially with Rutgirls. They are gone, and hopefully we don't have to play them for a long time coming and they enjoy being a bottom feeder of the B1G. As for momentum, I was referring that we were out way too early in the tournament to a team we should have dearly beaten, and the path would have led to a match up with Florida, so yes, it was hard to watch a Dayton team that played on, and listen to all the nay sayers about our program. I would call that a momentum killer for us fans, and hence why a spark in Football would be nice. This is about us feeling good, not them. We had a great recruiting year for our standards, but they had to work from behind all season, so wouldn't it be nice to get a nice head start this year? I know its early, and the faith is there, but so is a little anxiety that it sure would be nice to a get a break this year in our favoir for a change.

I think this fanbase will have anxiety no matter what. If we got more kids early, everyone would be chewing their fingernails the second a "bigger" school started sniffing around one of our commits. "Oh no, just like Cabinda and Beau, we are going to lose this kid, oh no!". Let's let the staff do their thing. It works for them and let's face it, there are a lot of kids that we offer first/early, and if bigger schools come around we are screwed most of the time. Even with schools on our level, offering first or early often doesn't mean a damn thing. Now, if they put an early signing day into place soon, then the staff has to change their tactics. Right now, with one signing day in Feb, I am fine with how they do things.

I think this fanbase will have anxiety no matter what. If we got more kids early, everyone would be chewing their fingernails the second a "bigger" school started sniffing around one of our commits. "Oh no, just like Cabinda and Beau, we are going to lose this kid, oh no!". Let's let the staff do their thing. It works for them and let's face it, there are a lot of kids that we offer first/early, and if bigger schools come around we are screwed most of the time. Even with schools on our level, offering first or early often doesn't mean a damn thing. Now, if they put an early signing day into place soon, then the staff has to change their tactics. Right now, with one signing day in Feb, I am fine with how they do things.
I agree with most of what you said as it is a no win situation it seems sometimes. I never looked at Cabinda as a huge loss, even before we picked up JT late in the game, and boy did that kid come through academically or what, and I may yet be proved wrong, but regardless we will never know how good Cabinda could have been here regardless of he does at PSU, as I am a solid believer in being at the right place at the right time, and making the choice effects where you will be, what you will be, and who you end up with in life. If Cabinda proves to be a big loss, you all can tell me then, but on the other hand would Coach Shafer have ended up going after JT in Georgia so late in the game had Cabinda not flipped? Time will tell, but I have a great feeling on this kid JT that he will have quite the impact on this team. One thing is for certain, we will see what kind of player JT will become for SU.

It seems that the offers this year, are a step up in number, and quality from this time a year ago.

Who cares about those schools BB or FB programs, I wish people would get over it, especially with Rutgirls. They are gone, and hopefully we don't have to play them for a long time coming and they enjoy being a bottom feeder of the B1G. As for momentum, I was referring that we were out way too early in the tournament to a team we should have dearly beaten, and the path would have led to a match up with Florida, so yes, it was hard to watch a Dayton team that played on, and listen to all the nay sayers about our program. I would call that a momentum killer for us fans, and hence why a spark in Football would be nice. This is about us feeling good, not them. We had a great recruiting year for our standards, but they had to work from behind all season, so wouldn't it be nice to get a nice head start this year? I know its early, and the faith is there, but so is a little anxiety that it sure would be nice to a get a break this year in our favoir for a change.
There is no way that the SU hoops program negatively affected the football program over the past year.

There is no way that the SU hoops program negatively affected the football program over the past year.
What are you talking about, who said that. you are just make things up. All I said was, speaking for me and many of the guys I know, our momentum as a fan took a hit by the early exit in the tournament, especially with all the expectations after winning 25 in a row, and then tanking out. I never said it had anything to do with football and recruiting, get a life. I was reffering to we need a liitle good news to get hyped up for after the dissapointing end of the BB season.

What are you talking about, who said that. you are just make things up. All I said was, speaking for me and many of the guys I know, our momentum as a fan took a hit by the early exit in the tournament, especially with all the expectations after winning 25 in a row, and then tanking out. I never said it had anything to do with football and recruiting, get a life. I was reffering to we need a liitle good news to get hyped up for after the dissapointing end of the BB season.
Your implication, to me, was that the hoop team's bad ending had somehow robbed the SU athletic's program, and specifically the football program, of its "momentum". If you were simply talking about the collective psyche of the fan base, then I misinterpreted. Sorry for that. For me, a disappointment in one sport does not roll over into another.

But no need to get personal.

Your implication, to me, was that the hoop team's bad ending had somehow robbed the SU athletic's program, and specifically the football program, of its "momentum". If you were simply talking about the collective psyche of the fan base, then I misinterpreted. Sorry for that. For me, a disappointment in one sport does not roll over into another.

But no need to get personal.
Didn't mean to be personal with another Orange faithful, felt the same way is all.

I don't think anyone is saying that a basketball game is going to sway a recruit 1 way or the other. I do think offering a kid the option to witness a Syracuse-Duke type of match up would give the extra incentive to travel an extra hour or 2 to visit a school they were already considering.

That's totally different point. That comes down to money, and Bama's coaching staff budget which dwarfs ours.

The point of bringing football recruits to a big hoops game is to show them what a loud Dome feels like, how the fans can really get behind the team. We need to string a few successful years together here in the ACC to get back to that better atmosphere again.

Well its official, we are dead last in the ACC as Wake picked up a recruit. Franklin is kicking booty at PSU and I know we are due soon...but it has been agonizing! Anyone think they know who might be first?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom