2015 Schedule Guess Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2015 Schedule Guess Thread

Where did you get the dates for homecoming and parents weekend? I've been trying to discover them because it's a bitch trying to find a hotel for those weekends.
They haven't been released yet...it was just his guess.

http://parents.syr.edu/family-weekend/index.html

A word to the wise though...once the schedule gets released...I would book my hotels that day for the places that normally sell out. You might get lucky and get a non-football weekend rate too!

A word to the wise though...once the schedule gets released...I would book my hotels that day for the places that normally sell out. You might get lucky and get a non-football weekend rate too!
Excellent advice. This is exactly what I do. Asa a matter of fact, I book all the weekends and then cancel the ones I can't make. Doesn't hurt to book under the state rate as well! :D

Two seasons ago, I negotiated a reduced rate with the Sheraton. I guaranteed them 2 nights for EVERY football weekend and I didn't have to enter any lottery. Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital for 8 weeks. They were gracious enough to let me out of the agreement. Last year, I ended up all over the place. lol

Are you talking about booking through the hotel or one of the online merchants? Also, I assume this advice is applicable to road venues too right?

Are you talking about booking through the hotel or one of the online merchants? Also, I assume this advice is applicable to road venues too right?

Shawn I'm talking more through the hotel directly or through their chain's national website. I always go with refundable rates...with TV schedules, hurricane's, missed flights, etc...you will get burned once a while...but the choice is yours

My guess for room availability:

FSU: High Demand, you wanna book the day you find out the date.
Louisville: High Demand for the best hotels but they have a ton of rooms in the Metro Area so you should be able to stay out in the burbs as last resort
NCSt: Demand depends on if home games for Duke and UNC are going on too. The stadium is at the fairgrounds so you might elect to stay downtown or out in the burbs.
UVA: ??? not sure maybe Bayside knows.
USF: Low Demand, low season. If you are coming send me a note...I stayed at the greatest Mom n Pop Motel on Treasure Island last time. JarheadJim stayed there too...we both thought it was awesome. Suites/Rooms on the beach for under a $100 a night. Anyone else reading this send me a note and I'll share the motel's name with you. Their current rates for Sept-Nov
September - November
Per Night
Motel Room

$46
Efficiency (1 Room)
$63-$69
1 Bedroom Apt. (2 rooms)
$72-$80
1 Bed Apt. Suite
$77-$89

The tough part in C'ville is the relatively low number of rooms compared to some other places. The team will stay at the Omni, which is the only one large enough to handle a FBS team's traveling party.

Miami ' s out of conference slate has been confirmed on fbs schedules and there are playing non conference on 9/5 and 9/12 which means there are 4 teams without games on 9/12 with BC needing to still finalize there last non conference game since there playing Maine probably on 9/5 week

Basically we are down to needing the ACC to schedule us @FSU week 2 or we will be moving another OOC game to week 2 or we will have a bye week 2.

Basically we are down to needing the ACC to schedule us @FSU week 2 or we will be moving another OOC game to week 2 or we will have a bye week 2.
Pretty much...or get involved in a much more complicated 3 way swap. No way do we start with 4 straight home games.

At FSU in week two...not the worst thing to happen. Cuse should still be 2-2 with the 2 toughest games out of the way by the end of Sept.

TexanMark said:
Pretty much...or get involved in a much more complicated 3 way swap. No way do we start with 4 straight home games. At FSU in week two...not the worst thing to happen. Cuse should still be 2-2 with the 2 toughest games out of the way by the end of Sept.
this is true and for season purpose be fine but 2-2 is the same ole crap wanted a 3-1 possible start either way we need 6 wins or Scott's out

this is true and for season purpose be fine but 2-2 is the same ole crap wanted a 3-1 possible start either way we need 6 wins or Scott's out

3-1 is possible...just need the team to finally deliver a huge upset. The Dome should be rockin with a nearly full house...just need to hang with them to keep the bandwagon fans and students there.

acc doesn't really have a lot of choices as BC 's last non conference game has to be 9/19 or else Clemson fsu or bc is on a bye that week which forces 4 teams left in week 2(BC, FSU, Wake, Syracuse) to be matched up with 1 Thursday or Friday night and 1 Saturday and with fsu likely at Clemson on 9/19 they will want a home game and of the 3 other teams we are only team they play at there home stadium.

Chris02M said:
if we must we can move the @usf game to 9/12 as they are open that date

I'm kind of surprised that hasn't already happened. Must have been some assurance from the ACC that we'd have a league game in week 2. Why else schedule an October game in the first place?

if we must we can move the @usf game to 9/12 as they are open that date
Somebody should email this to Dr.Gross/Fraizer ASAP.
@USF week 2 is the obvious play if they have it open as well. SU@USF would have obvious Friday night ESPN potential week 2 as well.

I'm kind of surprised that hasn't already happened. Must have been some assurance from the ACC that we'd have a league game in week 2. Why else schedule an October game in the first place?
maybe usf wanted more $ to play it on that date vs October. Or BC already has a game finalized and hasn't been announced yet that is on 9/19 meaning 4 teams open for week 2 = 2 league games with 1 on friday

Chris02M said:
maybe usf wanted more $ to play it on that date vs October. Or BC already has a game finalized and hasn't been announced yet that is on 9/19 meaning 4 teams open for week 2 = 2 league games with 1 on friday

If we didn't have an assurance from the ACC about having a league game, then we should have either paid what it took to schedule USF on week 2, or should have just found another bottom feeder conference team.

Week 2 bye is the worst possible situation in a 13 week season. If we end up with it, that's on Frazier.

C'mon when teams play home/home the money exchanged is very little and I doubt USF wanted more money if anything Syracuse could tell USF we will take less if the game is played on 9-12.

Playing in October is not ideal unless we have @FSU week 2. We aren't playing BC on 9-12 its either FSU, move USF/CMU to 9-12 or a bye.

We must know that we have a league game on week 2. If not heads should roll