2016 Mets | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

Mets are in great position heading into the final week. If the Cubs score holds they'll be 1 game up on the Giants for Homefield and 1.5 games up on the Cards. After Wednesday's heartbreaker a very good weekend for the Mets.

Mets are in great position heading into the final week. If the Cubs score holds they'll be 1 game up on the Giants for Homefield and 1.5 games up on the Cards. After Wednesday's heartbreaker a very good weekend for the Mets.

I would have liked 7-3 on the homestand, but I think 6-4 will do. Especially when you consider some of the pitchers they were using. They have it lined up so Thor and Colon can start 4 of the next 6 if needed. Though ideally they don't need to throw Thor on Sunday and they can push him back to the one game playoff.

Schedule probably favors the other 2 teams this week, since they're at home. If the Mets go 3-3 the Giants would need to go 5-1 to straight up pass them, 4-2 would just mean a tie.

I would have liked 7-3 on the homestand, but I think 6-4 will do. Especially when you consider some of the pitchers they were using. They have it lined up so Thor and Colon can start 4 of the next 6 if needed. Though ideally they don't need to throw Thor on Sunday and they can push him back to the one game playoff.

Schedule probably favors the other 2 teams this week, since they're at home. If the Mets go 3-3 the Giants would need to go 5-1 to straight up pass them, 4-2 would just mean a tie.

The Marlins love to spoil our seasons anyway and they certainly have an extra motivation now. It will be an emotional night tonight and probably for the whole series.

The Marlins love to spoil our seasons anyway and they certainly have an extra motivation now. It will be an emotional night tonight and probably for the whole series.

I don't want to predict how it's going to go, but there's a part of me that thinks they're going to want to be anywhere in the world except playing a game tonight. But who knows?

I don't want to predict how it's going to go, but there's a part of me that thinks they're going to want to be anywhere in the world except playing a game tonight. But who knows?

Its going to be a sureal scene, I kind of feel bad even rooting for the Mets tonight.

i have a feeling the cardinals are gonna sweep the reds, i think theyll end up with wild card 1.

giants look like a dead team walking, not sure what to expect from them. my gut is telling me they go 4-2 and we go 3-3 and we play them in a 1 game playoff to decide wild card 2. i assume that game would be at citi since we won the season series 4-3

i have a feeling the cardinals are gonna sweep the reds, i think theyll end up with wild card 1.

giants look like a dead team walking, not sure what to expect from them. my gut is telling me they go 4-2 and we go 3-3 and we play them in a 1 game playoff to decide wild card 2. i assume that game would be at citi since we won the season series 4-3

I kind of feel the same way, I think the Cardinals take care of business, I can't see the Reds and Pirates putting up a fight. The Giants are a mess right now, and they are playing the Rockies who are scrappy, and a Dodger team that would love to end their season.

Let's get rid of the silly 'series' and have a single elimination tournament! :mad:

Or not...:rolleyes:

I really want to hope we can get to 4-2 this week. The Phillies pitching staff is just awful, and if need be, we're getting 4 starts from Thor/Bart.

If we go 3-3, the Cards would need to go 5-2 to tie us (and they'd have a tiebreaker over us if it just comes down to home field for the game). If we can get 4-2 it becomes really difficult for us not to be hosting the game next Wed.

Knicks411 said:
I really want to hope we can get to 4-2 this week. The Phillies pitching staff is just awful, and if need be, we're getting 4 starts from Thor/Bart. If we go 3-3, the Cards would need to go 5-2 to tie us (and they'd have a tiebreaker over us if it just comes down to home field for the game). If we can get 4-2 it becomes really difficult for us not to be hosting the game next Wed.

Yea I think 4-2 is the magic # to get in. Giants would need to go 5-1 just to tie us which I don't see happening. I could see the cards going 5-2 or 6-1 though so I wouldn't be surprised if the wild card game was in St. Louis.

44 runs in 4 games . . . yes, the Phillies pitching sucks, but that was like live batting practice and hopefully puts everyone on a good footing for the last week.

My mantra for the last month has been "just win the series." Two more series wins and we're in.

44 runs in 4 games . . . yes, the Phillies pitching sucks, but that was like live batting practice and hopefully puts everyone on a good footing for the last week.

My mantra for the last month has been "just win the series." Two more series wins and we're in.

My god, the Phillies bullpen especially is just a horror show right now

My god, the Phillies bullpen especially is just a horror show right now
it was like the whole team was sent down to Binghamton for the weekend, at least at the plate

Everyone can call me crazy and a terrible Mets fan but I am rooting for the Marlins tonight.

(... go ahead and blast away, and remember my or anyone's fandom will have no impact on the game results.)

Everyone can call me crazy and a terrible Mets fan but I am rooting for the Marlins tonight.

(... go ahead and blast away, and remember my or anyone's fandom will have no impact on the game results.)

I feel the same way, we need the game, but I feel terrible even rooting for the Mets, my thoughts are with the Marlins and the Fernadez family. I am still in a state of shock.

I'll be feeling for them.

Eh, I still rooted for the Mets, but that was a tough watch.

Did anyone else find it weird that, while nearly every Marlin was obviously somewhere on the sad-to-sobbing spectrum, Barry Bonds was grinning like a sociopath when Gordon hit the home run?

I'll cop to disliking him strongly and looking for reasons to dislike him more, but that came off as startling.

Eh, I still rooted for the Mets, but that was a tough watch.

Did anyone else find it weird that, while nearly every Marlin was obviously somewhere on the sad-to-sobbing spectrum, Barry Bonds was grinning like a sociopath when Gordon hit the home run?

I'll cop to disliking him strongly and looking for reasons to dislike him more, but that came off as startling.

I honestly notice that, he seemed pretty broken up after he hugged Gordon.

That whole pre game ceremony was really hard to watch. Hard to be disappointed the Marlins won. And the Cards cooperated by losing.

IMG_1228.JPG

We could at least clinch a spot in the one game playoff as early as tomorrow night

I really hope we play the Cardinals in the wc game, I would really like to avoid Bumgardner.

I love the fact that Bastardo just self-destructed and loaded the bases against the cards with only 1 outs after letting a run score on a wild pitch.

He hurt the Mets when he was on the Mets and now he's hurting the Mets when he's on the Pirates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom