2016 Mets | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

That would made sense, he was only going to throw 60 pitches anyway, what is the point of that? Monday I can live with, last night is brutal. If we don't make the playoffs, I will have visions of that catch for the rest of my life.

Best one I've seen since this:

Is this team trying to miss the playoffs? I can't believe we are going to go through another September where we choke away a playoff spot.

I can't watch this crap anymore, I can't deal with another collapse.

Yanks lost

Even before the season started the Yankees were in the running for maybe the wild card. After the trades the NYY are the scrappy underdog team building for future. The Mets are the ones crumbling under the weight of expectations.

Wow what a win, I am emotionally exhausted right now.

The Mets just hit them farther so they couldn't be caught.

They had been 0-63 when trialing going into the 9th inning. You usually lose almost all such games but 0-63 was pretty bad. We were due.

Duda was almost the hero. He's got to work on that slice.

It is kind of hilarious that twice in the last week we went from having a guy make a start in 2 days to him then being shut down.

It is kind of hilarious that twice in the last week we went from having a guy make a start in 2 days to him then being shut down.

Only the Mets, how long before Colon and Thor are shut down?

Those last 2 games were insane. The inciarte catch, the Reyes hr in the 9th, the Duda near miss, and the cabrera walk off. If we lost 8-6 last nite we would have lost 2 games in a row that we were literally inches away from winning both on walk off hrs.

Cubs have helped us a lot recently beating up on the Pirates and Giants, let's hope they can do it against the cards.

Those last 2 games were insane. The inciarte catch, the Reyes hr in the 9th, the Duda near miss, and the cabrera walk off. If we lost 8-6 last nite we would have lost 2 games in a row that we were literally inches away from winning both on walk off hrs.

Cubs have helped us a lot recently beating up on the Pirates and Giants, let's hope they can do it against the cards.

7 of the last 9 Mets games have been decided by one run, (we are actually 4-3 in those games). You have Granderson's two extra inning home runs. You have "the catch". Last night you have Reyes, Duda's near miss and then Cabrera's walk-off.

20dc7825d07c77cf179e08b58cdfaf736e09542908cb9a1dfd07bbbc900f35ec.jpg

7 of the last 9 Mets games have been decided by one run, (we are actually 4-3 in those games). You have Granderson's two extra inning home runs. You have "the catch". Last night you have Reyes, Duda's near miss and then Cabrera's walk-off.

20dc7825d07c77cf179e08b58cdfaf736e09542908cb9a1dfd07bbbc900f35ec.jpg

Entertained yes, stressed out, yes.

Entertained yes, stressed out, yes.

It's like watching an SU game every night.

I love baseball in the spring when, after hanging on every play of a dozen football games and 30 something basketball games for 6 months I get to follow a sport where each game is 1/162 of a season and don't matter so much. I can watch other shows and checking on the Mets games during the commercials. But at the end of the year, when every game matters, I'm watching Mets games constantly and I get kind of tired of it. I like old movies, too!

Tonight's the Mets guaranteed their 25th winning season in 55 years.

Typical Mets, they get down 10-0, get it to 10-8 to get our hopes up, only to have several chances for the comeback, and fail, and of course Darno makes the last out, the guy needs to go, hes awful.

Typical Mets, they get down 10-0, get it to 10-8 to get our hopes up, only to have several chances for the comeback, and fail, and of course Darno makes the last out, the guy needs to go, hes awful.

But I felt as energized by the comeback as if they'd won. Given a choice of being the team that scored the first ten runs and the team that scored the last 8, I'm not sure I'd rather be the latter team. it might carry over.

And it did. The Mets closed the series with 25 straight runs.

I would have preferred to win 11-10 and then 14-0 but I feel pretty good.

That was fun. Kind of a melancholy mood on the broadcast, but that's a heck of a score. Quietest 17 runs I ever saw.

That was fun. Kind of a melancholy mood on the broadcast, but that's a heck of a score. Quietest 17 runs I ever saw.

Its tough to get excited about a win, after what happened in Miami this morning, but you take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom