2016 Mets | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

A walk-off catch. Amazing.

Goodbye to the Braves and good riddance. We couldn't beat them when they were better than us and we can't beat them when we are better than they are.

image-1062167174.jpg

Closer to the playoffs than your Yankees.

The yankees were essentially eliminated last Thursday night. The only thing I've got left is hoping Girardi gets fired, rooting against the Mets and once the playoffs start, rooting against Boston.

In my mind they were eliminated last Thursday night. The only thing I've got left is rooting against the Mets and once the playoffs start, Boston.

Thats kind of sad, but then again I did that for many years when the Mets were awful, and the Yankees always made the playoffs.

A walk-off catch. Amazing.

Goodbye to the Braves and good riddance. We couldn't beat them when they were better than us and we can't beat them when we are better than they are.

How do you lose 6 straight games to these clowns at home? They are an awful team.

With Boston there's way more hate involved, so I'm actively rooting against them once the playoffs start. With the Mets it's not so much hate, as it's their misery is fun to watch.

Briancuse said:
How do you lose 6 straight games to these clowns at home? They are an awful team.

They're not awful now, I'd take their lineup over ours.

The yankees were essentially eliminated last Thursday night. The only thing I've got left is hoping Girardi gets fired, rooting against the Mets and once the playoffs start, rooting against Boston.
Wow. I am a Boston fan and I think Girardi is the best thing the yanks have going for them. He is one of the best managers in the game. And I am rooting like crazy for the yanks over the next 4 games. Really hope they win 4 in a row. Would be great to put a knife in their hearts twice in a week,

He didn't love them tonight. Or when he created the city of Atlanta.

We have been tortured for years, its clear that God was a Yankee fan, and then jumped on the Red Sox Bandwagon

After the 06 07 and 08 heartbreaks I took a break from baseball because I couldn't handle the constant disappointment. I started watching again last season to see how our young pitchers looked. The pain never ends.

skurey said:
After the 06 07 and 08 heartbreaks I took a break from baseball because I couldn't handle the constant disappointment. I started watching again last season to see how our young pitchers looked. The pain never ends.

Last nite was beyond brutal.

They're not awful now, I'd take their lineup over ours.

I saw a stat where since the AS break or something they have one of the best offenses in the NL. Which I admit did surprise me.

At least the other 2 teams lost? These games are just brutal right now. Thank god for the run last year

Last nite was beyond brutal.

I still feel the first game of the series was the really bad loss. Syndergaard vs. an 0-6 guy with an 8+ Era.

Last night was a great hitter hitting what should have been a game ending home run and a great young fielder made a great play to win the game for his team. All you can do is congratulate him.

I saw a stat where since the AS break or something they have one of the best offenses in the NL. Which I admit did surprise me.

At least the other 2 teams lost? These games are just brutal right now. Thank god for the run last year

We were scoring a lot of runs during the hot streak, which papered over a lot of deficits. Now we've scored 24 runs in our last 9 games and everything matters again.

We were scoring a lot of runs during the hot streak, which papered over a lot of deficits. Now we've scored 24 runs in our last 9 games and everything matters again.

In case I wasn't clear, the "they" i was referring to was Atlanta.

Our offense has gone in the tank lately.

SWC75 said:
I still feel the first game of the series was the really bad loss. Syndergaard vs. an 0-6 guy with an 8+ Era. Last night was a great hitter hitting what should have been a game ending home run and a great young fielder made a great play to win the game for his team. All you can do is congratulate him.

Terry stunk last nite. Why did he take out reed???? And plawecki with the bases loaded? Really?? It's ok for a lefty to face a lefty, Kelly Johnson or loney is a much better option than freakin plawecki. Last nite was a win until terry started over managing.

Terry stunk last nite. Why did he take out reed???? And plawecki with the bases loaded? Really?? It's ok for a lefty to face a lefty, Kelly Johnson or loney is a much better option than freakin plawecki. Last nite was a win until terry started over managing.

I like Terry but he was actually running out players with a 40 man roster.

Does Terry remind you in some ways of Scott Shafer? I love his feistiness but I wonder what he's doing sometimes.

Kevin Plawecki shouldn't get an ab in the first inning, let alone one of the biggest ab's of the game. I would rather put Mr. Met up there, Plawecki is awful, just like Darno.

Kelly Johnson actually hits lefties better than righties in his career. Barely, but there's no reason to take him out against a lefty. I would bet my yearly salary Terry has no idea about those splits though.

Smoker made a good pitch, I won't totally kill him for that. Though Reed has been incredible.

They announced Matz is scratched from Friday's start. His season is more than likely over.

That was top 3 best catches I've ever witnessed in person last night by Inciarte - the jump off the bat, the speed, the timing of the jump, and in that situation, it was crazy. Half my section was high fiving each other thinking it was out while the other half had their mouths agape. Also the Braves aren't a terrible team (like they were in the first half) and are one of the lone teams to stay healthy during August-September... agree with the poster above - Thor loss on Monday is by far the worst loss in a while for this team.

They announced Matz is scratched from Friday's start. His season is more than likely over.

That was top 3 best catches I've ever witnessed in person last night by Inciarte - the jump off the bat, the speed, the timing of the jump, and in that situation, it was crazy. Half my section was high fiving each other thinking it was out while the other half had their mouths agape. Also the Braves aren't a terrible team (like they were in the first half) and are one of the lone teams to stay healthy during August-September... agree with the poster above - Thor loss on Monday is by far the worst loss in a while for this team.

That would made sense, he was only going to throw 60 pitches anyway, what is the point of that? Monday I can live with, last night is brutal. If we don't make the playoffs, I will have visions of that catch for the rest of my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom