2016 Mets | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

collins does this team no favors sitting conforto against lefties. the kid needs to play every day, end of story. the lineup now looks like the lineup from may-june-july last year, only difference is cespedes. youre not gonna score much when you got lagares,campbell,plawecki,and the pitcher taking up half our lineup. throw in wright striking out every other at bat and the offense is a mess. terry needs to put conforto in the 3 hole and just leave him alone.

Have a group text chat on my phone with my buddies; I called the lineup on Tuesday a .7 or so on the Mayberry scale, with a full 1.0 being the lineup we had for that start against kershaw last year.

I agree, Conforto has to play every day. I'd sit Grandy probably. Lagares can hit left handers pretty well.

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. This was the expectation coming into the season. Last year's team hit for .244 (tied 2nd to last), .287 BAIP (3rd worst in MLB), second to last in SB and didn't have a player over .290. It's not as though they added anyone who has a fantastic on-base percentage this off-season. The team is created like the Yankees teams.

This team will live and die off the pitching and it's health. Right now they are throwing out a AAAA bottom half of the line up and that just isn't going to cut it as a long term solution. The Wright situation hand cuffs them but it was apparent it was going to be an issue before the season and they did nothing to address it. As that is in the past I'd still like them to call up Herrera, play Conforto at 1b when Duda is hurt or out of the line-up and let Laugares play. Fixes holes in the line up and the team's defense is better assuming Conforto can play 1b.

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone. This was the expectation coming into the season. Last year's team hit for .244 (tied 2nd to last), .287 BAIP (3rd worst in MLB), second to last in SB and didn't have a player over .290. It's not as though they added anyone who has a fantastic on-base percentage this off-season. The team is created like the Yankees teams.

This team will live and die off the pitching and it's health. Right now they are throwing out a AAAA bottom half of the line up and that just isn't going to cut it as a long term solution. The Wright situation hand cuffs them but it was apparent it was going to be an issue before the season and they did nothing to address it. As that is in the past I'd still like them to call up Herrera, play Conforto at 1b when Duda is hurt or out of the line-up and let Laugares play. Fixes holes in the line up and the team's defense is better assuming Conforto can play 1b.

I don't think they can just dump Conforto in at 1B without having him play there before. I do agree that backup 1B behind Duda is an issue though.

They're going to hit better than they are right now. I'm still more concerned with Harvey/Degrom.

I don't think they can just dump Conforto in at 1B without having him play there before. I do agree that backup 1B behind Duda is an issue though.

They're going to hit better than they are right now. I'm still more concerned with Harvey/Degrom.
You seem to have much more faith in their hitting than most do... I've been saying since day 1 that the only way this team can score is via the HR. Rubin tweeted a stat that 57% of the Mets runs are via home runs which is the highest in the majors. I don't think this is sustainable against good pitching. This also only exacerbates the problems we are seeing with Harvey and to a lesser extent deGrom. Also as much I love big sexy he stinks against good teams... luckily the Mets play a ton of bad teams but he should never be in the rotation for the nats.

Have a group text chat on my phone with my buddies; I called the lineup on Tuesday a .7 or so on the Mayberry scale, with a full 1.0 being the lineup we had for that start against kershaw last year.

I agree, Conforto has to play every day. I'd sit Grandy probably. Lagares can hit left handers pretty well.

No question Conforto should play everyday, and I am so tired of seeing Eric Cambell, the guy can't play.

Harvey was awesome last year. Before he got hurt he was pretty much the best pitcher in baseball, right there with Kershaw, so it's kind of hard to expect anyone to consistently hit this level. This year he's been much more shaky though. The last start was pretty good though

I'm telling you Harvey is a shadow of his previous self. He had five starts from mid August to mid September last year where you could sense that something just wasn't right. He wasn't the same pitcher.

He was great before his medical problem. Tonight, again, he looked average at best. He needs to take some time off to try to get his mojo back. I think it's physical.

I'm telling you Harvey is a shadow of his previous self. He had five starts from mid August to mid September last year where you could sense that something just wasn't right. He wasn't the same pitcher.

He was great before his medical problem. Tonight, again, he looked average at best. He needs to take some time off to try to get his mojo back. I think it's physical.

I'm thinking a phanton DL stint might do him some good.

I think it was just a few starts late last year, mainly the one in Washington. 2 starts, 11 an 2 thirds, 11 runs, but even then he had 15 strikeouts and 3 walks so you could see something there. And of course, in the 4 starts prior to that he allowed 1 run in 27 IP. And in the 3 starts after the bad 2 starts, 3 runs in 17.2 IP.

It's pretty hard to nitpick his game logs from last year. This year it's a different story. It's entirely possible the innings he threw in the playoffs are taking a toll.

this team has major issues. very worried.
Most of the issues are related to their hitting philosophy... I am not a fan of the Kevin Long brand of all or nothing. At some point these guys have to start playing fundamentally sound, station to station baseball... i.e. when you have someone on 3rd with less than two outs you absolutely have to get the ball into play, and when there is a shift on put the ball into play where the shift isn't even if it's a weak bouncer, etc...

Given how bad the NL is this year this team has more than enough pitching with or without Harvey to win 90 games if they can hit what their baseball cards say they can hit... the problem is the Nats might win 100.

Most of the issues are related to their hitting philosophy... I am not a fan of the Kevin Long brand of all or nothing. At some point these guys have to start playing fundamentally sound, station to station baseball... i.e. when you have someone on 3rd with less than two outs you absolutely have to get the ball into play, and when there is a shift on put the ball into play where the shift isn't even if it's a weak bouncer, etc...

Given how bad the NL is this year this team has more than enough pitching with or without Harvey to win 90 games if they can hit what their baseball cards say they can hit... the problem is the Nats might win 100.

But thats really what this team is, most of these guys are home run or bust guys. Granderson, Wright aren't getting on base, Conforto is in a slump, Walker since he hit his 9th hr hasn't done much, thank god we signed Cespesdes.

Can someone please explain to me why Cambell keeps getting playing time? The guy is awful, not a major league player. We don't have anyone down in Vegas who we could call up?

I'm just glad we were able to get four runs against the Little League pitcher. If our starters could find their control, we'd actually be in position to win the series.

Duda out 6 six weeks with a stress fracture in his back, we need to do something, no more Eric Cambell. Dilson Herrera is killing it in Vegas, bring him up and move walker to first.

Duda out 6 six weeks with a stress fracture in his back, we need to do something, no more Eric Cambell. Dilson Herrera is killing it in Vegas, bring him up and move walker to first.
I would attempt to get Conforto reps there for four days straight during practice and PB then play him. This frees up Lagares to play Center and he's been hitting better this year. Bring up Herrera to play 3b, bring down Reynolds (I was pulling for him to get his first MLB hit). See if LaRoche and his son are available on the cheap so Yo can teach him how to smoke heaters in the dugout in between innings.

If someone says Ike's available I will keel over and die. I'd rather have Julio Franco.

I would attempt to get Conforto reps there for four days straight during practice and PB then play him. This frees up Lagares to play Center and he's been hitting better this year. Bring up Herrera to play 3b, bring down Reynolds (I was pulling for him to get his first MLB hit). See if LaRoche and his son are available on the cheap so Yo can teach him how to smoke heaters in the dugout in between innings.

If someone says Ike's available I will keel over and die. I'd rather have Julio Franco.

You could do that too, I don't want Laroche, not paying him 14 mil,he was horrible last year. I am anxious to get Herrera up here.

Briancuse said:
You could do that too, I don't want Laroche, not paying him 14 mil,he was horrible last year. I am anxious to get Herrera up here.

i agree that the move is walker to 1b and bring up dilson. id leave conforto alone in lf. let him learn 1b in the winter, not now. too much to put on a young kids plate in his 1st full season.

Great night tonight, glad they hit around gio, Strasburg will be tough tom, hopefully Harvey can at least keep us in the game, although I don't expect to win, and then I like Matz vs Roark on Wed.

I don't think Dilson has the arm for third.

Among the internal options, I think the best choices are either dilson to second and Walker to first, or try and get Conforto some reps at first. (though it is a lot to put on his plate) Any plan that results in more campbell is the worst plan

I just want Reynolds to get his first major league hit before he gets moved back down. I am having ulcers over his at bats.

I just want Reynolds to get his first major league hit before he gets moved back down. I am having ulcers over his at bats.

Would have been incredible if he got his first major league hit in the WS. Think the Royals had a guy like that last year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom