2016 Mets | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

just watch him play. hes a shell of himself. same in the field. he wont come close to 20 hrs. ive always been a huge wright fan, its sad to watch him now. just cause hes managing to get his walks doesnt overcome everything else. .223 avg 8 rbis and 42 ks, come on.

He's obviously not the player he was in 2007 or 2008 but I think he's still a productive player. If he got hurt right now you're looking at Eric Campbell playing every day; or Flores when he comes back. Not feeling that

Knicks411 said:
He's obviously not the player he was in 2007 or 2008 but I think he's still a productive player. If he got hurt right now you're looking at Eric Campbell playing every day; or Flores when he comes back. Not feeling that

hope youre right but i dont see it. i think he looks old and stiff.

Well he is kinda old. If he finishes the year with the line he has right now it'll be a pretty solid season though. (albeit a weird way to get there)

He has played a lot of baseball, and been thr0ugh a lot of injuries. Is he the same player as he was 10 years ago, heck no, but he still has a little left in the tank. We are asking him to get on base and play an decent 3b, not be the run producer he used to be.

I'm back to post negatively!

Team is done won't even sniff the playoffs.

This team can't score unless its via the home run.
Well, one reason is there is zero speed on the team. Which is why the leader in steals is your 33 year old 3B guy with spinal stenosis. So the hit and run is pretty much out as a strategy. I don't know if there are stats on hitting into double plays, but the strike outs don't generally advance runners. And there don't seem to be a lot of sacrifice flies. So it's a good thing they are hitting HRs or we would be competing for last place rather than first.

This upcoming series is going to be fantastic. Especially against another struggling offense in the Nationals that only scored 13 runs in 4 games against the Marlins.
Tues - Scherzer vs. Thor
Wed - Gonzalez vs. Colon
Thur - Strasburg vs. Harvey

This upcoming series is going to be fantastic. Especially against another struggling offense in the Nationals that only scored 13 runs in 4 games against the Marlins.
Tues - Scherzer vs. Thor
Wed - Gonzalez vs. Colon
Thur - Strasburg vs. Harvey
I hope you're right. The west coast series was a fiasco and some of it was out of the Mets control. Not only so many games in a row on the road, but the fourth game against the Dodgers was at NIGHT, instead of the traditional 1 pm start or even a 4 pm start. So they had to travel to Colorado in the middle of the night, going east into a different time zone, into the mountain thin air... With minimal adjustment time or sleep.

And the umpires definitely cost the Mets the second game in Colorado and possibly the third as well.

NYCSUGrad said:
I hope you're right. The west coast series was a fiasco and some of it was out of the Mets control. Not only so many games in a row on the road, but the fourth game against the Dodgers was at NIGHT, instead of the traditional 1 pm start or even a 4 pm start. So they had to travel to Colorado in the middle of the night, going east into a different time zone, into the mountain thin air... With minimal adjustment time or sleep.

And the umpires definitely cost the Mets the second game in Colorado and possibly the third as well.

yea im not gonna freak out too much about the colorado series, that was probably the absolute worst time to play in colorado. end of a long west coast trip, the end of 17 games in 17 days. just a ridiculous road trip schedule wise. they looked really flat and tired. and they should have been off that thursday after playing at home wednesday going into the san diego series.

didnt help the umps blew 2 really huge calls.. someone needs to expain why they can replay getting hit by a pitch but not replay a foul tip.. and how does an ump totally mess up a running out of the baseline call when its not even his call to make? shouldnt they at least talked it over between the 2 umps since both were out of position on the call?

If it weren't for Wright we could have Murphy playing third... imagine him in this line up hitting 2nd?

I think the backup plan to Wright has to be Herrera at 3rd and Walker at 2nd or vice versa. Flores isn't cutting it this year either but he's barely playing.

I think the backup plan to Wright has to be Herrera at 3rd and Walker at 2nd or vice versa. Flores isn't cutting it this year either but he's barely playing.
I'd assume the plan is for Herrera to play third but he's still playing second in the minors which is frustrating. Unfortunately for Wright he should only play one game in a series if he has to play third. His recovery time effects his offense and defense.

If I am Sandy and the Mets then I look to pluck Yunel Escobar from the Angels as short term option.

Wright and Duda both out of the lineup tonight, Wright because of his back, oy vey.

Wright and Duda both out of the lineup tonight, Wright because of his back, oy vey.
Too early to get overly upset. Between the flight and the chilly, damp weather - at least by mid May NYC standards - he may just have not felt great during his very intensive workout prior to games. Or Terry may not have felt he looked good. If he's not on tomorrow's roster that may be different.

The atmosphere at the game yesterday was electric. Two plays were so huge
1. Plawecki throwing out Revere. I think he was safe but it wasn't conclusive to be overturned. Next batter is Werth and he singles. I give Plawecki a hard time because he is a terrible receiving catcher but his arm is very good.
2. Harper's strike out. No patience by him. He was trying to force something when the Mets were obviously willing to walk him.

collins does this team no favors sitting conforto against lefties. the kid needs to play every day, end of story. the lineup now looks like the lineup from may-june-july last year, only difference is cespedes. youre not gonna score much when you got lagares,campbell,plawecki,and the pitcher taking up half our lineup. throw in wright striking out every other at bat and the offense is a mess. terry needs to put conforto in the 3 hole and just leave him alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom