2016 Yankees | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Eovaldi is lost now but showed what he is capable of last season. He has a big arm and is still only 26; you don't give up on that.
He was great last month. Seems he has the talent , but lacks long term consistency thus far. Said he "wasn't able to turn the page today" and got defensive in his pitching after mauer getting on base in the big home run inning. Needs to be more confident and stop hanging pitches. Easy for me to say from my couch lol.

Last edited:
Yankees officially switching to StubHub for resales

The New York Yankees will announce Monday morning that it is transferring its resale business, Yankees Ticket Exchange, to StubHub, which will take over for Ticketmaster as the team's new fan-to-fan ticket exchange.

Financial terms were not available, but the business is believed to be worth more than $100 million to the Yankees over the term of the agreed to contract.

The deal brings to an end a long battle between the team and StubHub, which began when the Yankees were one of two teams -- along with Los Angeles Angels -- to opt out of Major League Baseball's deal with the secondary ticket market maker.

It also ends a controversial move the Yankees and Ticketmaster made at the start at the season, when it banned print at home ticketing and PDF's in favor of mobile transfer.

And wants to bring low A guys up to the Bronx.
Both wrong I'm not trading away the entire team They have some players that should be replaced of various reasonsAs for the"low A players I presume you are thinking of the Mateo kid. Nonot yet but at some pointe will make it to the majors. If Headley continues not to be a power factor for the team at third base,a possible way IMO would be to move Didi to 3rd and Mateo at SS. The Yankees have some excellent or better pitcher making themselves known Its not just Kaprielian.Another player that hats be evaluated is Aaron Hicks He has a rifle arm and the ability play center. His batting is still not what Cashman or Joe expected.Pitching, Evoldi and Nova should be moved if there is no reversal of form quickly and consistently.A good game once a month isn't enough token them in pinstripes. I would keep Miller and Betances but Chapman could or should bring a big time return so he should go.With Miller and Betances lefty and right arms are covered.. Again there are pitchers on the farm that are getting ready to shine as either relievers and or starters.

Last edited:
Cali trades Yankees away 24/7/365
And wants to bring low A guys up to the Bronx.
Both wrong I'm not trading away the entire team They have some players that should be replaced of various reasonsAs for the"low A players I presume you are thinking of the Mateo kid. Nonot yet but at some pointe will make it to the majors. If Headley continues not to be a power factor for the team at third base,a possible way IMO would be to move Didi to 3rd and Mateo at SS. The Yankees have some excellent or better pitcher making themselves known Its not just Kaprielian.
Please, Mr. Cashman, don't take what they say seriously. Please keep trying your best to improve the Yankees and posting the roster moves here to get the fans' opinions. ;)

Ugh, that one really hurt.

I know the options are very limited but please stop running Yates out there in big situations he's fallen off a cliff after a good start. You knew he was going to blow that lead. They need Mitchell back in the worst way as there relief outside of the big 3 is god awful.

I know the options are very limited but please stop running Yates out there in big situations he's fallen off a cliff after a good start. You knew he was going to blow that lead. They need Mitchell back in the worst way as there relief outside of the big 3 is god awful.
Girardi said Mitchell is progressing and playing catch, but probably won't be available this season. Too bad.

Girardi said Mitchell is progressing and playing catch, but probably won't be available this season. Too bad.

Its to bad because the Triple AAA shuttle that's been working the past few years has been a disaster this year. Goody, Rumbelow, Yates all hurt or struggling mightily. This team really misses Warren. Yanks need to make a move for some type of middle relief or another guy like Shwarzak (sp?) who has been decent. Doesn't help that Shreve is a mess again this year to. Need to revamp that bullpen outside of the big 3.

Its to bad because the Triple AAA shuttle that's been working the past few years has been a disaster this year. Goody, Rumbelow, Yates all hurt or struggling mightily. This team really misses Warren. Yanks need to make a move for some type of middle relief or another guy like Shwarzak (sp?) who has been decent. Doesn't help that Shreve is a mess again this year to. Need to revamp that bullpen outside of the big 3.
When Severino is recalled they can move Nova back to the pen where he should be able to help.

When Severino is recalled they can move Nova back to the pen where he should be able to help.
I am not sure that a Severino call-up is imminent. A few things I have read suggest that although his results are good at AAA, the flaws that were getting him killed in the majors are still there, he is just getting away with them against minor league hitters.

Of course Nova's recent shitting of the bed may force them to do something. We may see Chad Green before Severino.

I am not sure that a Severino call-up is imminent. A few things I have read suggest that although his results are good at AAA, the flaws that were getting him killed in the majors are still there, he is just getting away with them against minor league hitters.

Of course Nova's recent shitting of the bed may force them to do something. We may see Chad Green before Severino.
Was thinking the same thing. Joe Girardi hinted at the same thing about Severino, saying they don't just look at the numbers. I'm not all that confident in Green, either.

I'm not all that confident in Green, either.
He certainly was not good in his first start, but I will hesitate before I mention Dave Eiland and Brian Boehringer. Oops, I already did. ;)

Hypothetical: if on Monday, July 25 (1 week before the deadline) the Yankees are leading or tied for the second wild-card, do you buy, sell, or stand still?

Hypothetical: if on Monday, July 25 (1 week before the deadline) the Yankees are leading or tied for the second wild-card, do you buy, sell, or stand still?
It's hard to say it, but sell.

They will buy, yanks will only sell if things fall apart.

It's hard to say it, but sell.
I believe the Yankees will drink the cool-aid and pay-off A Hole His roster spot is keeping other player from th farm from the active roster Now that Alex is over the baseball geezer age of 40 he isn't going to become more of an important part of the offense. Add him Tex and maybe CC and Beltran and some big$ become available for FAs and international dice rolling.

OrangeXtreme said:
ROSTER MOVES: The @Yankees have recalled RHP Conor Mullee from Triple-A Scranton/WB and optioned RHP Kirby Yates to Scranton/WB. Hitting three batters in the Top of the 9th will get you a ticket to Scranton.

What a circus that was last night.

Beltran leaves the game with a leg injury. :bang:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors